• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

If you want, I can give you a 3 day RO2 guest pass so you can experience it before you buy it. I enjoy it, but it runs like shit on my laptop so I don't play it :(

Thanks I'd love to try it but if I am to buy it I'll be buying it right now when it's on sale. And considering that I'm on my holidays right now with a slow connection I won't be able to download it and play it properly before the sale ends. Maybe someone else can use it.

Sajjaja

Thanks I'd love to try it but if I am to buy it I'll be buying it right now when it's on sale. And considering that I'm on my holidays right now with a slow connection I won't be able to download it and play it properly before the sale ends. Maybe someone else can use it.

I've got 3 of them... I gotta give them to someone lol.

EDIT:.... idk wtf..... they're all gone.....

derFeef

I have bought an extra Alan Wake Franchise package to give away in the future, but you guys don't know when that would be, hahahaha!

(It's late and I am happy it's the weekend...)

DukeBobby

Is Fear 3 (F3AR looks ridiculous) worth £3.24? I quite enjoyed the first two but I've heard that this one is only good in co-op. Is this true?

Wok

Haven't bought anything yet! Tell me something to buy :3

Buy A Virus Named TOM. It is discounted during the sales although it is not released yet. It is as if it were part of the summer sales, as was first expected.

Remember.

There is an interesting discussion on /r/IndieGaming/ started by the dev of A Virus Named TOM. The game was scheduled to be released this month, but it will finally be released after the Steam sales, as happened to QUBE (scheduled for early December 2011, released mid-January 2012). He is worried about his sale volumes. One interesting point is the game will cost $10, may be released with a 25% discount, and is already at a 50% discount (DRM free for Windows, and Steam key included) for pre-orderers. I am tempted now...

There is a high score contest going on for an indie game called A Virus Named TOM, which will be released shortly after the Steam sales, on August 1st. The game will cost $10 but pre-orderers can get it with a 50%-discount and have immediately access to the beta on Steam, plus a DRM-free release through the Humble Store.

Driver SF is actually good?

I know nothing about it aside from that one E3 where everyone was confused by the lead guy being in a coma or something

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay I think I'll buy Deus Ex then!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Does F3AR 3 support the 360 controller...at 4.99 I'm really tempted to get it,just for the single player...

Single player is terrible. Multiplayer... I dunno. Probably sucks, too.

It's not really about the money -- FEAR 3 is just a completely destructive use of your time.

Razek

Banned
Haven't bought anything yet! Tell me something to buy :3

Buy me oblivion deluxe, gift it to me, and I'll be your YBFF (Yoshi best friend forever).

This is not a ruse, honest.

;)

Me too. I just don't know when I'll ever get around to playing them all lol.

While I feel pretty good about the quality of games I purchased, I have the similar fear. I planned on diving into age of empires 3 this weekend and I'm still putzin' on gaf. I need to get it in gear.

At this rate I am never going to play some of these games.

steadfast

Single player is terrible. Multiplayer... I dunno. Probably sucks, too.

It's not really about the money -- FEAR 3 is just a completely destructive use of your time.

:avatarquote

This is antithetical most opinions expressed about it. It's not a fantastic game, but for $5 its plenty fun

Razek

Banned
Alright, I just caved and bought both Civ V GOTY and Civ IV complete. So excited to try them out!

Civ 4 is such an awesome game (5 is good too). If possible, I recommend getting a buddy and comp stomping together. Some of the most fun times gaming I've ever had.

Does Far Cry 1&2 and Crysis 1, 2 support the 360 controller?
Far Cry 2 yes, Crysis 2 yes. Crysis 1, sortof, but not really. You have to make a custom config and even then it just never felt quite right to me. The changes they made in Crysis 2 make it a far more natural fit to the gamepad.

Pretty sure Far Cry 1 doesn't.

paolo11

Sure thing, I BELIEVE the answer to that question has to do with the availability of APIs to pull data. We don't share our data with anyone...ever. So aggregation sites like that don't have a feed to pull from.

It is a security thing on our end.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony my friend, is it possible to make it steam active?

MrDaravon

Does anyone have any recommendations on "city building" games? My wife has expressed interest. She said that she doesn't like say Civ 5 because you have to deal with wars and whatnot; she just wants to basically build and map out stuff. She said that she checked out the demo for Anno 2070 and that she liked it, but doesn't that one have that stuff later on as well? (I didn't check out the demo myself) Outside of maybe Anno 2070 any recommendations? I have zero interest in the genre myself, I know Sim City 5 is is next year, does SimCity 4 hold up? I know she said that she played Sim City 2000 a long time ago and really liked it. The only other game of this type that I personally know about is Cities XL which apparently sucks, and I think Tropico might fit this mold but I believe that still has the politics stuff in it so I'm not sure if that would fly or not.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Is Driver SF more akin to the first driver? Where there is a mode that basically sees how long you can outrun the cops?

I loved that in the original so much. The first time you play it you don't realize you need to gun it and/or swerve IMMEDIATELY so you just get dropped down in an area with cops surrounding you and end up getting smashed by all 6 (or however many) simultaneously. After we got used to it a little bit if we managed to survive the first 5 to 10 seconds we could usually keep it going for a good long while.

derFeef

Does anyone have any recommendations on "city building" games? My wife has expressed interest. She said that she doesn't like say Civ 5 because you have to deal with wars and whatnot; she just wants to basically build and map out stuff. She said that she checked out the demo for Anno 2070 and that she liked it, but doesn't that one have that stuff later on as well? (I didn't check out the demo myself) Outside of maybe Anno 2070 any recommendations? I have zero interest in the genre myself, I know Sim City 5 is is next year, does SimCity 4 hold up? I know she said that she played Sim City 2000 a long time ago and really liked it. The only other game of this type that I personally know about is Cities XL which apparently sucks, and I think Tropico might fit this mold but I believe that still has the politics stuff in it so I'm not sure if that would fly or not.

The Anno games are pretty fantastic sandbox building games.
edit: 1404 might be better than 2070, depends on the setting you like.

Cleaning out my closet. Anyone want a copy of Supreme Commander 2?

I do I do!

Guys money has disappeared from my steam wallet...I had put some on there for purchases (never made any) and it is gone now...I checked my bank statement and Valve has taken it. I opened a Steam ticket just waiting on them now. Anyone else have a similar problem before?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I forgot the original Far Cry was on sale... and it's $2.50 right now. Should probably pick that up, since I've always really liked the game. Doesn't make the sequel sting any less, but whatever.

MrDaravon

I think she played a lot of the Anno DS game (forget what it was called, had a subtitle IIRC), I thought 2070 had a lot of politics and whatnot to deal with, is that not correct? I really have no idea, but trying to find something to pick up for her.

steadfast

How does she feel about historical building?

Children of the Nile is still pretty great and I don't remember anything too warrish.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1007/

SimCity 4 isn't as pretty as Cities XL, but it's the closest thing to what she's looking for most likely

MrMephistoX

Really tempted to get Witcher 2 but I haven't played Witcher 1 despite snagging it on the Winter Steam sale...am I missing much or should I just play through 1 and wait for it to drop to $7 in January?

How is the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex? Really enjoyed Human Revolution but forgot about the DLC.

I'll probably pick it up with the Crusader Kings 2 bundle and that'll be all for this sale. Although, I might get ARMA II if it ever goes on sale as a Daily deal...

Is Driver SF more akin to the first driver? Where there is a mode that basically sees how long you can outrun the cops?

It's basically an open world driving game where you can't leave your car but you can switch into any car you want at anytime. The map is constantly full of story missions and challenges which are races or escape the cops or stuff like that. Game is awesome

It's basically an open world driving game where you can't leave your car but you can switch into any car you want at anytime. The map is constantly full of story missions and challenges which are races or escape the cops or stuff like that. Game is awesome
This sounds good enough to me.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
First off, Salsa, where's my Arma II, huh? We decided that if it doesn't show up, you have to gift 5 copies of it to us. =P

Secondly, I just can't pull the trigger on Driver SF yet. I have too many open world driving games at the moment. I think I'm going to wait for the winter sale, when it's $5.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How about a good ol' fashion Screenshot Challenge?

Winner gets the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, which includes Jack Claw, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Splot Preorder, and Trine - All but Jack Claw are redeemable on Steam. (I have an extra code, but if you win and have all of these already, I'll try to give you something else.)

Below are 12 screenshot snippets. The first one to guess all twelve in order will win the prize! You may PM me your answers, or you may post them in the thread. HOWEVER, if you post them in the thread, you'll be giving other people potential answers, so do so at your own risk!

Ready? GO!

pXEmA.png

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damnit I thought I wasn't going to get anything today and my friend gets Dungeon Defenders and ends up liking it enough to get all the DLC. Now I may have to buy all the DLC if more of my friends pick it up gah.

MrDaravon

How does she feel about historical building?

Children of the Nile is still pretty great and I don't remember anything too warrish.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1007/

SimCity 4 isn't as pretty as Cities XL, but it's the closest thing to what she's looking for most likely

Thanks for the recommendations guys! She doesn't care much about graphics so we're probably going to pick up SimCity 4 (and get Anno 2070 later). She did think that Children of the Nile game looked interesting as well so that might also get picked up. Thanks for the help, I have no idea or interest in the genre, so no clue what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom