• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

How about a good ol' fashion Screenshot Challenge?

Winner gets the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, which includes Jack Claw, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Splot Preorder, and Trine - All but Jack Claw redeemable on Steam. (I have an extra code, but if you win and have all of these already, I'll try to give you something' else.)

Below are 12 screenshot snippets. The first one to guess all twelve in order will win the prize! You may PM me your answers, or you may post them in the thread. HOWEVER, if you post them in the thread, you'll be giving other people potential answers, so do so at your own risk!

Ready? GO!

http://i.imgur.com/pXEmA.png[x/IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, I only know a few! :( Good luck to those who are entering.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dacvak that's awesome! Good luck to anyone who enters!

Derrick01

Banned
How is the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex? Really enjoyed Human Revolution but forgot about the DLC.

It's the best DLC I've ever played. Tons of options and it has a slightly stronger level design than the main game had. There is a boss fight but it's not like the ones in the main game, it leaves it up to you to decide how you want to handle it.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Far Cry 2 yes, Crysis 2 yes. Crysis 1, sortof, but not really. You have to make a custom config and even then it just never felt quite right to me. The changes they made in Crysis 2 make it a far more natural fit to the gamepad.

Pretty sure Far Cry 1 doesn't.

graciousness (thats Spanish for 'thank you')

1-D_FTW

Is Red Orchestra 2's community active now after the GOTY Edition? Or is it still dead?

When I looked this morning, it wasn't in the top 100 games played on Steam.

Between that and remembering it has CoD style leveling (and Punkbuster), I pulled myself back from the sale gravitational pull.

KingKong

man whenever the daily deals are bad, my desire to get flash sales grows stronger

gonna buy Far Cry 2 I think, it's only $2.50 and I could have that much fun burning grass and driving cars into animals

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Still waitin' on Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Anyone think it'll get cheaper or am I just wasting my time?

I bought it for $4.99 during last years summer sale. That's the lowest I've personally seen it go.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Every so often, I'll give a hint or two if people get stumped. Otherwise, feel free to help
or hurt
your fellow man.

mrgone

Question, at this point, has there been a SINGLE GAME that has showed up as a daily that hsa never been a community choice or a flash sale?

I believe all the daily sales have shown up in the other two. Thus, it doesn't look good for ARMA 2 tomorrow.

Damn, thread's a'movin' :) I think Red Orchestra showed up for the first time today

Def Jukie

Winner gets the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, which includes Jack Claw, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Splot Preorder, and Trine - All but Jack Claw are redeemable on Steam. (I have an extra code, but if you win and have all of these already, I'll try to give you something else.)

Below are 12 screenshot snippets. The first one to guess all twelve in order will win the prize! You may PM me your answers, or you may post them in the thread. HOWEVER, if you post them in the thread, you'll be giving other people potential answers, so do so at your own risk!

Ready? GO!

pXEmA.png

Goldeneye 007, Mega Man 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rhythm Heaven, Super Mario 64, Parappa The Rapper, Advance Wars, Gunstar Heroes, Halo, Portal 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Crysis 2

So guys, I wasn't awake when Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet when on sale.

Are people hyped for it? It's sitting in my cart...

It's a pretty good game but I've been warning people about how it uses GFWL and how I encountered the issue of having my save file corrupted. Doesn't mean it will happen to you but just letting you know.

Winner gets the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, which includes Jack Claw, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Splot Preorder, and Trine - All but Jack Claw are redeemable on Steam. (I have an extra code, but if you win and have all of these already, I'll try to give you something else.)

Ready? GO!

pXEmA.png

1. Not that sure. persona 4? Skies of arcadia? Edit: First one is Golden Eye?
2. Megaman 2
3. Smash Bros Melee
4. Rhytm Heaven
5. SM64
6. Parappa the Rapper
7. ADvance Wars
8. Gunstar Heroes
9. Halo 1
10. Portal 2
11. New Super Mario Bros Wii
12. Crysis 2

Im really not sure about the first one. Cant see clearly *lol*

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Goldeneye 007, Mega Man 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rhythm Heaven, Super Mario 64, Parappa The Rapper, Advance Wars, Gunstar Heroes, Halo, Portal 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Not Sure

Oh man, we ALMOST have a winner. Here's a hint about the last one:

This is a screenshot of an unreleased game.

dani_dc

I'm thinking:
Goldeneye, Megaman 2, SSBM, Rythm Heaven (Paradise in Europe)
Super Mario 64, Parappa the Rapper, Advance Wars 2, Gunstar Heroes
Halo 1, Portal 2, NSMBW, Crysis 3

(Already have the prie, just doing it for fun.)

Edit: Edited last 1 for Crysis 3 after last post.

1-D_FTW

It's a pretty good game but I've been warning people about how it uses GFWL and how I encountered the issue of having my save file corrupted. Doesn't mean it will happen to you but just letting you know.

That's the risk every single game on GFWL has. As far as I know, it's not like the failure rate is any higher than normal for ITSP. Nor am I excusing GFWL. Just saying: Par for the course.

Ledsen

Does anyone have any recommendations on "city building" games? My wife has expressed interest. She said that she doesn't like say Civ 5 because you have to deal with wars and whatnot; she just wants to basically build and map out stuff. She said that she checked out the demo for Anno 2070 and that she liked it, but doesn't that one have that stuff later on as well? (I didn't check out the demo myself) Outside of maybe Anno 2070 any recommendations? I have zero interest in the genre myself, I know Sim City 5 is is next year, does SimCity 4 hold up? I know she said that she played Sim City 2000 a long time ago and really liked it. The only other game of this type that I personally know about is Cities XL which apparently sucks, and I think Tropico might fit this mold but I believe that still has the politics stuff in it so I'm not sure if that would fly or not.
Wait, is your wife my wife? :(

Anyway:

Anno 1404 - dozens of hours, she never gets tired of it. My no 1 suggestion. Customizable to the point where you never ever fight anyone
Cities XL - when the mood to build a metropolis strikes her, kind of janky but still scratches that itch. Certainly does not suck.
Tropico - not a huge hit "kind of like anno but worse"

Sajjaja

Goldeneye 007, Mega Man 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rhythm Heaven, Super Mario 64, Parappa The Rapper, Advance Wars, Gunstar Heroes, Halo, Portal 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Hitman Absolution.

That's the risk every single game on GFWL has. As far as I know, it's not like the failure rate is any higher than normal for ITSP. Nor am I excusing GFWL. Just saying: Par for the course.

Yeah, true. I just keep bringing it up with that game because it's the first time I've had an issue with GFWL.

Dingotech

Ok thanks, but I really want people to post going OMG WTF BUY IT NAAAOOOWW! :p

Ready? GO!

pXEmA.png

Goldeneye, Mega Man 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rhythm Heaven, Super Mario 64, Parappa The Rapper, Advance Wars, Gunstar Heroes, Halo, Portal 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, The Last of Us

Glassboy

Goldeneye 007, Mega Man 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rhythm Heaven, Super Mario 64, Parappa The Rapper, Advance Wars, Gunstar Heroes, Halo, Portal 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, last of us

mrgone

When I looked this morning, it wasn't in the top 100 games played on Steam.

Between that and remembering it has CoD style leveling (and Punkbuster), I pulled myself back from the sale gravitational pull.

It's in the middle of the pack right now with ~1400 players, though that's probably a direct result of the sale :p I'm still tempted, being a fan of the original mod and Tripwire, but I dunno.. Maybe that money's better saved for ArmA II.

Dacvak

Goldeneye, Mega Man 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rhythm Heaven, Super Mario 64, Parappa The Rapper, Advance Wars, Gunstar Heroes, Halo, Portal 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, The Last of Us

DING DING DING!

Congratulations! It was a screenshot of The Last of Us.

Ultimadrago

Ready? GO!

pXEmA.png

Left to right:

1. Goldeneye
2. Megaman 2
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Rhythm Heaven
5. Super Mario 64
6. PaRappa the Rappa
7. Advance Wars
8. Gunstar Heroes
9. Halo: Combat Evolved
10. Portal 2
11. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
12. Last of Us

Dangit, I was late.
Congrats!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Thanks for the recommendations guys! She doesn't care much about graphics so we're probably going to pick up SimCity 4 (and get Anno 2070 later). She did think that Children of the Nile game looked interesting as well so that might also get picked up. Thanks for the help, I have no idea or interest in the genre, so no clue what I was looking for.

If you're interested in Children of the Nile get Pharoah. Children of the Nile is the spiritual successor to it.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/pharaoh_cleopatra
Loved playing Pharoah back in the day and it still holds up afaik, waiting for a sale on to buy it myself.

Also there's Zeus+Poseidon and Cesar III
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/zeus_poseidon
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/caesar_3

Also check out this thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417484

Dacvak

The winner is...

The One Who Knocks

However, I think that both Glassboy and Ultimadrago also guessed correctly and posted everything in order before seeing the final answer, so ALL THREE of you will receive a Humble Frozenbyte Bundle!

That was fun.

Thanks Dacvak for doing this :D
No problem. I actually have a few more in my backlog, I think, so I'll host another one later on. But it'll be much harder!

Just wanted to say that I beat Deus Ex HR right before the sale started and it really is superb. About the only negative I can think of is it isn't terribly open ended. Gunplay, sneaking, hacking, story, conversation challenges...all excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom