• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, that was a close fight!

bigace33

The winner is...

The One Who Knocks

However, I think that both Glassboy and Ultimadrago also guessed correctly and posted everything in order before seeing the final answer, so ALL THREE of you will receive a Humble Frozenbyte Bundle!

This is quite frankly, the GAF feel good moment of the year. Seriously.

Ultimadrago

The winner is...

The One Who Knocks

However, I think that both Glassboy and Ultimadrago also guessed correctly and posted everything in order before seeing the final answer, so ALL THREE of you will receive a Humble Frozenbyte Bundle!

Aw, man sweet!

Thanks a lot, Dacvak!

Scythian

Bought Splinter Cell Conviction on a whim, it looked cool and I'm in the mood for an action/stealth game.
So now I only have money left for Arma II, I'm just missing 19 cents :p

Twie

I have regular Civ V with no DLC, but I'm debating to get the DLC for multiplayer use with some friends who own Civ V GotY Edition.
Is there any DLC I can skip if I only want to use it in multiplayer?

Gattsu25

Banned
I already own all of the games but I was hoping that Divinity 2 would have won

Risen is not a bad game, by any means, but Divinity 2 is really fun

therapist

When I looked this morning, it wasn't in the top 100 games played on Steam.

Between that and remembering it has CoD style leveling (and Punkbuster), I pulled myself back from the sale gravitational pull.

The leveling is NOTHING like cod.
It takes a very long time , and u dont get stupid shit / perks and all that.
Youll get a gun every now and then , but its rare as shit.

Buy it!

The winner is...

The One Who Knocks

No problem. I actually have a few more in my backlog, I think, so I'll host another one later on. But it'll be much harder!

Wow, very nice and very generous of you. Congratulations to Glassboy and Ultimadrago as well.

Def Jukie

The winner is...

The One Who Knocks

No problem. I actually have a few more in my backlog, I think, so I'll host another one later on. But it'll be much harder!

No consolation prize?
kidding, was playing for fun anyway :)

Double

Question, at this point, has there been a SINGLE GAME that has showed up as a daily that hsa never been a community choice or a flash sale?

I believe all the daily sales have shown up in the other two. Thus, it doesn't look good for ARMA 2 tomorrow.
Age of Empires Online shitpack as of yet.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is Risen worth it? Risen 2 looks neat but I like the pirate theme. Is the original any good?

Probably would have bought Divinity II without hesitation but not sure on Risen.

Any Hidden Sales today?

I mean not the ones that are throughout the whole sale, but it seems everyday there are some "flashsales" of some games, that arent featured anywhere.

AND another question.
Any other good local coop-Games?

We already played:

Dungeon Defenders
Shank
Trine
Trine 2
Renegade Ops

Any Hidden Sales today?

I mean not the ones that are throughout the whole sale, but it seems everyday there are some "flashsales" of some games, that arent featured anywhere.

AND another question.

We already played:

Dungeon Defenders
Shank
Trine
Trine 2
Renegade Ops

Magicka is a good choice for co-op stuff.

Edit: Missed the local part. I'm not sure if that works local.

Firebrand

Any Hidden Sales today?

AND another question.

We already played:

Dungeon Defenders
Shank
Trine
Trine 2
Renegade Ops
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is really good.

Magicka is a good choice for co-op stuff.

Ah, right. But me and my gf prefer to play on TV with a controller and Magicka was really horrible with the 360-controller.

Couldnt grasp how to play well *haha*

Left 4 Dead
Pay Day
Borderlands
Dead Island

Guess none of this has local coop. Thanks though.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is really good.

Right. Put on my wishlist. Thanks :)

Shadow Planet is tempting as I remember being interested in it before, and any earlier day of the sale I'd probably grab it, but I've really reached my quota. Can't justify it right now.

Still thinking about picking up one or two more DLCs for Civ 5, but I have some time to think about it.

I already have Deus Ex and the Missing Link DLC, though I haven't really played them since they don't run well on my laptop (it is a priority once I get a new PC.)

Is the bundle for the other two minor DLCs worth it at $1?

Petrie

Banned
Finally had a chance to hit Steam, few question I'd appreciate answers to since I'm stuck at work:

Considering I got the BttF games whole set for $5, paying more than that for Monkey Island seems odd. Is it worth more or should I hold out since I already have plenty of adventure game?

I've never played a Farcry game. Does the first one hold up? Should I just grab that, or get both? Neither?

Is there anything else that is a must have at today's prices? Most are above my usual $5 inpulse price point. Civ 5 I have so that's off my radar, but everything else is on my radar.

Is Risen worth it? Risen 2 looks neat but I like the pirate theme. Is the original any good?

Probably would have bought Divinity II without hesitation but not sure on Risen.

The original is better than any of the Elder Scrolls games. The combat is just as terrible, but it has the most immersive world I've ever seen in a WRPG.

Cmon new flash sale.....I need Alpha Protocol!

I second this. This, the Mass Effects and now Divinity II are all that Im really looking for now. Winter sale should be nothing after what this sale has done to me!

EDIT - You know, I knew Divinity II would lose because I voted for it and wanted it, and although it was just one percent, it couldn't even beat Two Worlds II? Is the PC version amazing? Because the 360 version, I did not like, did not like at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom