• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Any Hidden Sales today?

I mean not the ones that are throughout the whole sale, but it seems everyday there are some "flashsales" of some games, that arent featured anywhere.

AND another question.
Any other good local coop-Games?

We already played:

Dungeon Defenders
Shank
Trine
Trine 2
Renegade Ops
Frozen Synapse with the Red DLC.

mackattk

Getting ready to play Assassins Creed 2 (never played an assassins creed game before), does this not support the xbox 360 controller? it isnt recognizing it in game.

ImRight

Bought Splinter Cell Conviction on a whim, it looked cool and I'm in the mood for an action/stealth game.
So now I only have money left for Arma II, I'm just missing 19 cents :p

... lol >.< if u seriously only need that much for a game Pm me, ill hook u up

Someone sell me on Far Cry 1. Does it have any graphical mods to make it look better?

I never quit playing video games because they are too hard. I just kind of deal with it and recognize the design choice as being there to teach the player specific skills for later in the game. I quit playing Far Cry, because the enemies that show up at the twist are broken and not worth the time to struggle through. It becomes a war of attrition in some bullshit hallways in game that's design was made for open spaces. The game is a nice as historical piece showing some of the best visual tech of the time and sort of open world shooting experience. If you are looking for that same style of combat then play Crysis its a nicer looking game and much fairer experience.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Tales of Monkey Island is kind of tempting, but man it looks so ugly. I know TellTale aren't a big budget studio, and I don't expect fuckin' Pixar visuals, but it looks like one of those cheap and soulless knock-off cartoons you'd find in a bargain bin at walgreens, like Joll-y the Space Robot or whatever. The Back to the Future game put me off pretty fast for the same reason so maybe I should hold off.

Petrie

Banned
Reposting for the new page.

Finally had a chance to hit Steam, few question I'd appreciate answers to since I'm stuck at work:

Considering I got the BttF games whole set for $5, paying more than that for Monkey Island seems odd. Is it worth more or should I hold out since I already have plenty of adventure game?

I've never played a Farcry game. Does the first one hold up? Should I just grab that, or get both? Neither?

Is there anything else that is a must have at today's prices? Most are above my usual $5 inpulse price point. Civ 5 I have so that's off my radar, but everything else is on my radar.

Gala

Getting ready to play Assassins Creed 2 (never played an assassins creed game before), does this not support the xbox 360 controller? it isnt recognizing it in game.

You have to activate the controller before you start the game otherwise it might not recognize it. And the control sheme is messed up, you have to reconfigurate it.

Card Boy

Banned
I never quit playing video games because they are too hard. I just kind of deal with it and recognize the design choice as being there to teach the player specific skills for later in the game. I quit playing Far Cry, because the enemies that show up at the twist are broken and not worth the time to struggle through. It becomes a war of attrition in some bullshit hallways in game that's design was made for open spaces. The game is a nice as historical piece showing some of the best visual tech of the time and sort of open world shooting experience. If you are looking for that same style of combat then play Crysis its a nicer looking game and much fairer experience.

?

I just want to know about graphics mods, I never said anything about difficulty.

Soi-Fong

Which would you guys suggest? Red Orchestra 2 or Driver: SF?

I have a wheel so I kinda wanna try it out with that, but still not sure which to get...

Ahhh goddammit. That buggy piece of shit isn't worth free.

Risen's an awesome rpg. It has one of the best open world designs out of many recent rpgs I've played over the last few years, the world is beautiful and, even better, layered. I was always rewarded for exploring. It has a simple yet challenging combat system. Once you learn its rhythms, it's a rewarding experience to overcome and defeat whatever enemy was previously your bane. It's challenging, the game is not afraid to smack you down if you explore an area you're not ready for. It's got well designed factions which, while not as good, reminded of The Witcher because they both boiled down to many shades of grey.

How is Risen a buggy piece of shit? The only thing that was wrong with it was the TAGES DRM and its limited installs, which Piranha Byte have since patched out. It never crashed one, I never hit any progression blockers, nothing glitched out ever happened in my fifty hours of play time. It has some rough edges, the presentation and VA isn't going to be as polished as one of Bioware's games, but the game itself is leagues better than anything Bioware has been putting out these last few years.

Risen is modest game from a relatively unknown developer (in North America unless you're familiar with the first three Gothic games) but it easily goes toe-to-toe with all of the major releases from Bioware, Bethesda and the like. I own all three of those games, and while I enjoyed The Dragon Knight Saga, Risen easily won my vote because it's such a kickass game.

And yes, I would recommend buying it.

Koroviev

Tales of Monkey Island is kind of tempting, but man it looks so ugly. I know TellTale aren't a big budget studio, and I don't expect fuckin' Pixar visuals, but it looks like one of those cheap and soulless knock-off cartoons you'd find in a bargain bin at walgreens, like Joll-y the Space Robot or whatever. The Back to the Future game put me off pretty fast for the same reason so maybe I should hold off.

Yeah, that's what has put me off of their games in the past. Thankfully, Walking Dead looks much much better.

What do people want me to vote for?

And Burnout, meh. Have that on PS3 and got it for free on Origin. But hey, it's a new deal right? Hasn't been up before? That's something...lol

When I see things like Risen or Divinity 2...

... it always seems such games are more acceptable and even get better scores in european magazines than in the US.
Gothic was so big in europe and always got great scores, but in the US it was always considered as a "bad" game. At least that was my impression at that time.

?

I just want to know about graphics mods, I never said anything about difficulty.

I'm trying to tell you not to buy it. I know its not what you asked for, but felt I should voice my opinion. I don't think its worth anybodies time or money anymore, except for the purpose of study.

Hey somebody on occasion has to tell a person not to buy something, right? :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Everyone better GET BURNOUT PARADISE

I sure hope they fixed the save corruption bug from awhile back. I was about to 100% the game and smash the last couple billboards when my game crashed and my save was gone forever.

Shit was heartbreaking ;__;

Ultimadrago

43E7a.png

ASilva

Neo Member
Weird, NFS Hot Pursuit is in a flash deal promo for 75% off right now but isn't on the main page. It says it ends in about 6 hours

While there are still afew minutes left,

Just want to let everyone know that Splinter Cell Chaos THEORY DOES STILL HAVE OFFICIAL ONLINE SERVERS.

Earlier reports were wrong. Im in one right now. Clicked on "join game" and I was in one. No messing with IP forwarding or Hamatchi or anything. It just worked instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom