• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best Burnout game for €3, don't mind if I do.

Wat?

I really disliked this entry. The old Burnoutgames, at least for me, were far more refreshing than Burnout Ultimate. I could choose Tracks with lots of different settings like "italian", austrian alps, japanese fall-scenery etc.

This one just had Mountain, industry-area and downtown.

But to each their own. Cant go wrong with 3€ :D

NZNova

ALSO 75% OFF!!!

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

What, you'd like em to be? Coz they aren't right now.

Well, after reading Feep's review of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet I'm leaning towards picking it up. Reception on this game in general seems pretty mixed; since I'm probably going to buy it unless someone sways me the other way, does anyone here hate the game?

While I haven't played it, I was going to buy it...it's been on my wishlist for months, then I learn it requires GFWL. Now I'll never touch it.

HoosTrax

NFS The Run and Shift are also in the flash sale.
Yeah just noticed that -- clicking on Burnout Paradise will show a page with the NFS games on sale as well.

I wonder if in a few years NFS: The Run Complete will end up on Steam. Not that it sounded like a great game, at least compared to HP, but I'd probably still buy it for a couple bucks.

Btw, how does NFS Shift compare to GRID?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you so much for the votes, guys! I really appreciate it! Borderlands is downright fucking amazing.

Babalu.

is the deus ex human revolution DLC worth it? The missing link DLC specifically? $4 i think. And is the augmented edition of it pretty much pointless?

And for someone who has never played these types of games, Civilization V or IV.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Who else wants in on a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for $2.81?

So far we have:

• Dacvak
  • wanders

Deep discounts damages IP, so let's give Burnout for free for a while and have it on %75 sale on Steam. To be honest Burnout was already a dead franchise but they aren't helping their cause.

Also you may want to read this before getting Burnout Paradise.

Lain

It does not, and since 2010 the PC store is closed so you can't even adquire the expansion legally.

Classy service from EA as one would expect.

Damn.
I also noticed that Steam says the only language for the game is English, while I played it in Italian on PS3 (and loved DJ Atomika's Italian voice). Guess I'm gonna pass this time.

Enco

is the deus ex human revolution DLC worth it? The missing link DLC specifically? $4 i think. And is the augmented edition of it pretty much pointless?

And for someone who has never played these types of games, Civilization V or IV.
Not worth it. It's a very linear bit of dlc with a boring setting and nothing new or exciting. It sucks compared to the great main campaign. The augmented edition isn't necessary but the ost is nice.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Had to grab Burnout Paradise for $4, are you kidding me? Might be the best deal of the whole sale, so far. I bought Hot Pursuit a bit ago, but I was secretly hoping Burnout Paradise was going to go on sale. Happy to have both, now.

Steam is great. I can't wait until this stupid sale is over to I can get back to playing my games.

OatmealMu

OT, but has anyone successfully gotten ENB to work with Driver San Francisco? The lighting seemed a bit dull, and sure enough there appears to be a problem with HDR. I tried the files I found on the Steam forums, but those give me a blank, white screen. I can hear the game running in the background, so at least it boots.

Dacvak

Goddammit.

Dammit, Wario. I didn't even know that existed, but now that I know it does and I don't have it, I'm pissed.

lol oh well

Top post edit:

Who else wants in on a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for $2.81?

So far we have:

• Dacvak
  • wanders

Been playing the shit out of Borderlands and loving, gets my vote easily. If it does win, just don't but the Mad Moxxi's Underdome DLC. It's terrible. Whereas The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was a fully fledged new campaign, Mad Moxxi's is just grinding through arena wave-based combat with little to no reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom