• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, how is Risen? I already like it just from that cute little orc/goblin thing in the game's screenshots.

Here's my Steam recommendation...

Risen is a challenging and demanding role playing game that will have you swearing about as much as you'll be using and abusing the quicksave feature. The game doesn't hold your hand, painfully spell out the play mechanics, tell you what to do or where to go. However, once you come to grips with how everything works, you'll find a deeply rewarding role playing game with a harsh and methodical action based combat system and one of the most lush, dense, gorgeous and rewarding worlds to explore.

Risen is a brillaint game, it's one of the better rpgs I've played this generation, up there with the first Witcher and it is also easily the best open world rpg I've played.

DSN2K

I got Burnout Paradise for Free 6 months ago when EA were giving it away....why are people so pleased to pay for it now ?

Dammit, Wario. I didn't even know that existed, but now that I know it does and I don't have it, I'm pissed.

lol oh well

Top post edit:

Who else wants in on a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for $2.81?

So far we have:

• Dacvak
  • wanders

I'll jump in. Does it matter if I already own the game? I can use it to gift to someone else right?

MRORANGE

For the last two years EA has been giving out Burnout Paradise for free (once a year, near Christmas time I think) on their EA Downloader/ Origin service.

pretty sure there was a thread about this.

Also this needs to bumped on every single page until the deal ends:

ALSO 75% OFF!!!

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

GO GO GO

Believe it or not, I got Burnout Paradise on Origin from a $20 store credit that their Customer Service provided me :p

They gave me some discount/credit too, but I probably lost it already. Can't think of reason to buy a game from Origin.

Ok guys, I bashed Origin as you told me. Now where is my Steam gifts?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
fuck yes BURNOUT ULTIMATE BOX 3.99!!!

SDLKFGJKLDFSG

bigace33

I got burnout Paradise free from origin. They actually offered it for free again last month but I chose bfbc2 for a friend. Best arcade racer this Gen by far. Avoid Shift 2.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'll jump in. Does it matter if I already own the game? I can use it to gift to someone else right?

Yeah, I just have to email it to you. Sounds good.

Who else wants in on a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for $2.81? One more spot left!

So far we have:

• Dacvak
  • wanders
  • pock3tmonster

Btw. how is Shift 2?

When I see screenshots, it gives off a PGR-Vibe, but there also seem a lot of "racetracks". I am not a fan of racetracks and rather drive in some urban city. Especially when it looks as good as in PGR :D

HoosTrax

same ball park, is a tad more serious that Grid (not as Arcady) more closer to GT imo.
Hmm interesting. From reading the description a bit more, I'm beginning to wonder if I'd be able to get my TrackIR set working with the games -- seems like a natural fit.

Petrie

Banned
Can somebody answer me on this?

Finally had a chance to hit Steam, few question I'd appreciate answers to since I'm stuck at work:

Considering I got the BttF games whole set for $5, paying more than that for Monkey Island seems odd. Is it worth more or should I hold out since I already have plenty of adventure game?

I've never played a Farcry game. Does the first one hold up? Should I just grab that, or get both? Neither?

Is there anything else that is a must have at today's prices? Most are above my usual $5 inpulse price point. Civ 5 I have so that's off my radar, but everything else is on my radar.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Finally had a chance to hit Steam, few question I'd appreciate answers to since I'm stuck at work:

Considering I got the BttF games whole set for $5, paying more than that for Monkey Island seems odd. Is it worth more or should I hold out since I already have plenty of adventure game?

I've never played a Farcry game. Does the first one hold up? Should I just grab that, or get both? Neither?

Is there anything else that is a must have at today's prices? Most are above my usual $5 inpulse price point. Civ 5 I have so that's off my radar, but everything else is on my radar.

Been like 2-3 years since I played Far Cry, but it was still hella fun back then. It has some really satisfying combat.

The second game is a piece of shit. Just get the first game.

Did anyone happen to have a giftable copy of either Galactic Civilizations 2 or STALKER: Call of Pripyat that they might be interested trading for Frozen Synapse?

Get Magicka, jump on the 4 pack deal for Dungeon Defenders, the rest is either over 5$ or not worth it.

You know that shit game Orion Dino Beatdown, what was that other Dinosaur game that looks promising that isn't out yet called? Not Orion but the other one.

BP and ITSP bought.

Bri

Driver seems like a neat game. Really dont got any kind of racing game at the moment.

Though, my rig might be too slow for it?
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB
AMD Athlon II X2 6400+ 3.2GHz

Probably wont have access to my computer until sale ends to try out the demo. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom