• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Out of all the driving games, which one should I get?

NFS, Driver, Burnout.

I haven't played Driver that much but NFS vs. Burnout Paradise? I personally believe that Paradise is far more fun than Hot Pursuit.

HoosTrax

I haven't played Driver that much but NFS vs. Burnout Paradise? I personally believe that Paradise is far more fun than Hot Pursuit.
Paradise is great fun if you like having to rely on your GPS to figure out which way to go, and having it wait until the very last sec to point you the right way. At which point, it's too late to make the turn without plowing into something.

Burnout is an open world racer. NFSHP is a closed, linear track (with shortcuts) racer.

kafiend

OT, but has anyone successfully gotten ENB to work with Driver San Francisco? The lighting seemed a bit dull, and sure enough there appears to be a problem with HDR. I tried the files I found on the Steam forums, but those give me a blank, white screen. I can hear the game running in the background, so at least it boots.

Use the resident evil 4 version from http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm
Its filename is enbseries_re4_v0075b.zip cant link direct to the file.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
I have been having freezing issues with Driver all day. The game runs good for about a minute or two, then freezes. Anyone else with this issue?

PBalfredo

Bit of a tangent, but does anyone know how the Steam cloud works in regards to game saves? I got a virus on the computer I've been playing Saints Row the Third (first and best acquisition from the sale) on and want to preserve my save for when I reformat

because i honestly don't know. i haven't exactly had money to buy games in awhile and havent been keeping up in this thread...

jeez.
I think he means "Of course you should," or "You know we're going to say 'Yes'."

You're fine with just The Missing Link for DLC, though.

Sarcasm

The Pc version of Burnout Paradise is basically the Ultimate Box, there's nothing released after that (so no Cops & Robbers, no Big Surf Island and no premium cars).

Than why get it? I am confused..so you buy ultimate all you get is some cars? No Cops & robbers..etc?

MRORANGE

Oh is it that good? Maybe I should get it. Bargain really.

yes indeed, Criterion was really pumped to get this game on PC and it's a fantastic port, shame about the DLC though, but that was more likely down to EA.

Game works with multiple monitors as well (not mine):

fOOl7.jpg

Artofwar420

So I live in Washington state, therefore I get taxed when I purchase things through Steam (located here).

How acceptable is it to change my address to one from another state? Would my account be at risk?

jph139

Agh. I bit on The Witcher... coin came up heads and hell why not.

Leaves me with $.74. Maybe I'll get, like... a hat or something.

yes indeed, Criterion was really pumped to get this game on PC and it's a fantastic port, shame about the DLC though, but that was more likely down to EA.

fOOl7.jpg

There is some discussion on Steam Forums about the DLCs, I think some managed to activate them using some "mods". Also the fixed 60hz wasn't nice for my CRT.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

fOOl7.jpg
Delicious :3 :3 :3

ShaneB

Bought ITSP at least, and I'm always always always tempted to double dip on Burnout Paradise :( I'm enjoying Hot Pursuit, but man I miss that open world enjoyment. I'm down to 16 dollars... I can resist Burnout Paradise again, I played the hell out of it on 360. For those that don't own it, yes you most certainly should buy it!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The Dungeon Defenders is filled!

So far we have:

• Dacvak
  • wanders
  • pock3tmonster
  • Reluctant-Hero

I'll buy it now and send you guys PMs.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there anyway to remove or hide games? I hate these expansions that have their own game banner. Like Allen Wake and its expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom