• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought my 1000th game. Yeah, I need help, haha.

Oh well. We need a SteamGAF 1K club!

Oh, bTW, the 1000th game was... The Family Feud Collection...

Don't judge me!

Besides Mario Kart games, I haven't really touched racing games because I'm not really into cars in real life. I imagine that's a lot of the appeal with racing games in general. Is there still enjoyment that can be had with Burnout Paradise, or is it a waste of time for me?

Forbiden

So is it worth it to get the Burnout Ultimate Box or not? I had Burnout Paradise for PS3 but lent it out and didn't really get much playtime, although I did enjoy what I played of it. Does the lack of DLC really hurt the game?

So Risen is like TES?

No. While it is open world, Risen's island is much smaller in scope and scale than any of the Elderscroll games. It's a trade-off, Risen's world is more lush and detailed.

No, Risen is like shit.

The only good game by Piranha Bytes is still Gothic 2.

I doesn't bother me that that you don't like Risen but you don't really help or add much to a conversation with a terse, drive-by response like that. At least say *why* you think it's shit.

Did anyone happen to have a giftable copy of either Galactic Civilizations 2 or STALKER: Call of Pripyat that they might be interested trading for Frozen Synapse?

I'm sorry but it's all I have to trade. I'm at my limit and I missed purchasing both of these for myself.

For those more knowledgeable about the workings of Steam, I bought my Housemate copies of Dead Island and Dungeon Defenders (thanks Dacvak!), both of which I already have installed in my Library. Is there a quick and easy way to move/copy them from my Library into his, without having to re-download them on his computer? Thanks

legacyzero

Banned
I may have just broken the #1 rule of Steam Sales.

I purchased Cryostasis at 50%. Still $6 cant be a bad deal, right.

..........Ri-?

For those more knowledgeable about the workings of Steam, I bought my Housemate copies of Dead Island and Dungeon Defenders (thanks Dacvak!), both of which I already have installed in my Library. Is there a quick and easy way to move/copy them from my Library into his, without having to re-download them on his computer? Thanks

Rightclick, make backup or something like that.

Then it will make a backup. Then give it to him via USB-stick or external HDD and he can somewhere choose to "extract" a backup.

I may have just broken the #1 rule of Steam Sales.

I purchased Cryostasis at 50%. Still $6 cant be a bad deal, right.

..........Ri-?
image.php

I'm sorry but it's all I have to trade. I'm at my limit and I missed purchasing both of these for myself.

There is no way to get them into his library at all if they're already in yours.

So no you can't give them to him without re-downloading. You can't give them to him without buying it again.

Why did you activate it if you wanted him to have it?

Edit: I'm a dumbass and misunderstood what you said. Ignore!

Rightclick, make backup or something like that.

Then it will make a backup. Then give it to him via USB-stick or external HDD and he can somewhere choose to "extract" a backup.

Thanks! Appreciate it. Considering how long it has taken to download some of these games, this will speed up the process tremendously.

Is there any chance that these will be dailies or flash deals? These are what I have bene hoping for.

Rocket Knight
Death Spank
Rochard
Scary Girl
OddWorld
Bully
Sonic 4 Episode 2

Hopefully I haven't missed them.

I don't know if I should be buying Burnout Paradise on principle, great game but I heard EA turned off the multiplayer servers/DLC store? Disappointing that they didn't include the last bits of DLC too. Would've thought maybe someone could mod that stuff in. Do people still play it? Multiplayer's the only thing I'd buy it for.

kafiend

I don't know if I should be buying Burnout Paradise on principle, great game but I heard EA turned off the multiplayer servers/DLC store? Disappointing that they didn't include the last bits of DLC too. Would've thought maybe someone could mod that stuff in. Do people still play it? Multiplayer's the only thing I'd buy it for.

Online is fine I was playing online about 5 minutes ago.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think they lock you out if you buy too many gifts to prevent fraud or something. I know people in this thread who only buy gifts to keep in inventory instead of installing right away have mentioned it
They've done this before to people who gift a ton of shit to people. I don't really have a link or anything, I'm speaking from reports of people who've done the same thing as memes in the past and had their account locked.
T_T Credo, you'll have to be careful!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so I got the "Vote 15 times"-badge... will I be able to get the 20-times-badge before the sales ends :(? Please say yes...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Am I fucked?

r1sg2.jpg

Yes sir, you are. I've had this happen to me during a Steam sale (twice), and long-story-short, you probably won't be able to buy anything for the rest of the sale. Steam customer support (especially around sale times) is notoriously slow and unresponsive.

If you want any help buying stuff for yourself, hit me up and I can gift it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom