• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Yes, PLEASE! This is the reason why GAF should vote for Borderlands! (my PS3-copy)

FXYMc.jpg
What the hell happened?! 0_o

Gaspode_T

Yes sir, you are. I've had this happen to me during a Steam sale (twice), and long-story-short, you probably won't be able to buy anything for the rest of the sale. Steam customer support (especially around sale times) is notoriously slow and unresponsive.

If you want any help buying stuff for yourself, hit me up and I can gift it to you.

I just got the same thing LOL, I wonder if it is a widespread thing...or their algorithm is stupid enough that "buy things for three days straight, lock that sucker down"

Sephon

So I'm thinking of buying Driver: San Fransisco and skipping out on Burnout paradise and Tales of Monkey Island since I've played the original.

What does neogaf say?

Am I the only one seeing:
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Offer ends in 54 hours?

Does downloading it still put TAGES on your system? I've fixed many PCs working as a technician at the expense of TAGES.

Ionic

Tried for the last 7 minutes to buy Shadow Planet, but the internet where I'm at was just too unreliable to load the buy game page. Darnit.

ImRight

Double cheeseburgers are $1 in America. Alan Wake costs 7 1/2 double cheeseburgers. I've already spent too many double cheeseburgers on this sale, so 7 1/2 is too much.

Damn now I'm hungry.

Man Dbl C/b's are $1?? :O, thats Sweet,

But also im glad i dun live there ahah I would Be one FAT mofo By now ahah.

5:5 Maybe I think for Insanely twisted. Its basically Metroid on easy mode. I iked it, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

Hmm I didn't get it, I wish it was $2.5 instead of $3.something at the lowest price it's easier to pull the trigger :p I hesitated, time ran out, now it's $9. Oh well, loos so stylish and pretty, but I'd probably get bored of it, maybe it was good I resisted.

epmode

So I'm thinking of buying Driver: San Fransisco and skipping out on Burnout paradise and Tales of Monkey Island since I've played the original.

What does neogaf say?
Driver is awesome. Burnout is too but I kind of resent EA for not porting the later DLC, so fuck em.

Sweet! Now onto the game; Risen. How is it?

It is the pinnacle of modern European RPG-jank. If you can get over the low-budget feel of the animation, it's a brilliant game.

Is Hot Pursuit even open world? The videos I'm watching always show straight roads with turns. o_O
By open world I mean like Underground/Most Wanted/Burnout
Hot Pursuit has a free roam mode where you can just drive around to your heart's content, but there is no other gameplay there - you can gain no XP and there is nothing to find. The world itself though is very lush, and is the prettiest open world for a racer out there.

When you play an event it just blocks off other major avenues while keeping shortcuts and off road paths open.

Burnout Paradise is hands down the better open world game, and one of the best games ever made ;P Just wish some of the effects looked better on my rig.

I will not miss a single one! *sets alarm clock*

READY!

The system can get wonky at times. I voted every single time and it missed counting one so I got the 'vote 15 times' late. It may have occurred when the site went crazy a short time after the new vote options appeared. Several other people seem to have been affected by this as well. I don't know if they made any changes to prevent this from happening.

Good luck!

Eusis

Is The Witcher worth a look for a casual RPG player?
Define casual. If stuff like Knights of the Old Republic is your style then yes, if you want lighter than that then maybe not. I don't believe it's really THAT in depth or anything, even though potions may seem intimidating at first.

Define casual. If stuff like Knights of the Old Republic is your style then yes, if you want lighter than that then maybe not. I don't believe it's really THAT in depth or anything, even though potions may seem intimidating at first.

I liked Fable 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ohhh DAMN!! better jump on this shit guys, aint gon be round for long!!!

10015405.jpg
I am positive it was 75% just an hour ago :_:

Razek

Banned
So, I finally dug into age of empires 3 tonight. It's really good. Can't believe I haven't tried this game before. Now I just wish I could buy another sale copy for a friend.

This got me thinking, and I know steam sales are cool and all to see what's coming next since it's sort of a 'game'. However, I think it would be better if they just put everything involved on sale for say 3-4 days and just have them all available at once. This way nobody gets boned for living in a weird time zone, has to work, crappy internet, ect.

I will be tared and feathered for this thought I'm sure.

Danielsan

Braid. Meh, already own that twice.

Just bought Deus Ex Human Revolution and managed to buy Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet at the last possible minute. Initally wanted to purchase both via I H8 Memes, but that fell through due to Valve locking down his account. Once again, thanks for all the help man, and hopefully it gets resolved soon!

There really should be some sort of law. "If your game has been given away for free a a few million times through bundles or has been on sale more than two thousand times, you cannot be a flash sale."

So sick of seeing Braid, Limbo and Sanctum!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lmao. Almost made me spit out my drink.
:lol Sorry!
I hope the same thing happened to that garbage Diablo 3 (unless it was a digital copy)
Shredding (and eventually eating up) my Collector's Edition would require way too much effort ._.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just got the same thing LOL, I wonder if it is a widespread thing...or their algorithm is stupid enough that "buy things for three days straight, lock that sucker down"

Yeah, it blows. I think their algorithm sees atypical buying practices, and then puts your account on lockdown because of that. It can also be triggered by your credit card company/bank.

You'll be able to fix it in a few days, but you'll probably miss out on the rest of the sale. Let me know if you want to buy anything.

Stupid question. I'm still new to steam, just started PC gaming.

If steams doesn't have Controller enabled but under PC System Requirements it says:
Controller Support: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Does that mean it does and steam just didn't list it? Talking about Braid.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Summer Sale ends 22th July ._.
Sales end 22 doesn't mean sales end on the 22nd. Sometimes they roll over to Monday 12pm.

There are two more indie packs to go. So the recap day will be Sunday, rather than tomorrow. If they continue the voting. You have at least another 3 tomorrow(2am, 10am, and 6am), and just maybe the 2am, 10am, and 6pm on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom