• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

haikira

Two questions, if anyone would be kind enough to answer for me.

First. How's the DRM for Driver SA?

Second. What's in the Deluxe Edition? I can't seem to find any info about it, on the steam store. Other than it's £1.25 more, here in the UK.

Yes sir, you are. I've had this happen to me during a Steam sale (twice), and long-story-short, you probably won't be able to buy anything for the rest of the sale. Steam customer support (especially around sale times) is notoriously slow and unresponsive.

If you want any help buying stuff for yourself, hit me up and I can gift it to you.

Nah I was done buying for myself anyway.

But will I have to contact them before I am able to buy anything ever again? I'm not looking forward to having any conversations about the amount of games I have gifted.

Not necessarily bad games, no. We still have two days to go, so who knows. If nothing you want shows up, go ahead and buy them (I recommend Bully)

Thanks for the response. I have got quite a hall already.

Audiosurf
DC Universe Online (never played it, but I have a lot of friends that do)
Fable
Limbo
Total War pack
Saint Rows 3 (couldn't resist 9.99, though I never played any of the games)
Y's games

and
Batman Arkham City (rip)
I realized later on I won't be able to install this game as I'm getting a PHD in computer forensics and the Securom DRM want's me to uninstall software I am required to have for classes. Steam refuses to refund me and just passes me to Sony who told me to buy the console version. *sigh*

I guess I'm just wondering if these others are worth it. Thanks again!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, there are only enough left for 19. You're out of luck. I've counted twice.

(I haven't counted, I don't know)
T_T I'm gonna regret this for my entire life... why did I not start Steam 7 hours earlier?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Okay so I got the "Vote 15 times"-badge... will I be able to get the 20-times-badge before the sales ends :(? Please say yes...

There's three votes a day, probably will be one fewer on Sunday. So you'll have to vote every single remaining time, and you might get it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There's three votes a day, probably will be one fewer on Sunday. So you'll have to vote every single remaining time, and you might get it.
I will not miss a single one! *sets alarm clock*

READY!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fellow Gaffers, me and Gandie12 are in Burnout Paradise, join us. My SN is the same as here. Doing some freeroam challenges. The game needs more players!

Guys help me out!!

Burnout Paradise or Hot Pursuit??
I'd say Hot Pursuit at this point. Burnout is a better game to me, but it fits better on the consoles. I've got it maxed out on my PC and the fog effects look pretty damn horrible.

Unless I'm doing something wrong here, but yeesh. Hot Pursuit looks gorgeous and some of the events can be pretty exciting.

Thanks for the response. I have got quite a hall already.

Audiosurf
DC Universe Online (never played it, but I have a lot of friends that do)
Fable
Limbo
Total War pack
Saint Rows 3 (couldn't resist 9.99, though I never played any of the games)
Y's games

I guess I'm just wondering if these others are worth it. Thanks again!
NZpy9.jpg

:p

Nice haul so far. Sorry I can't really speak for your other games, as far as recommendations go.

ah ok, am at work and kinda high strung at the moment. sorry dude.
No problem, dude. I hope you enjoy the game.

Katoki

This month hurts. Two more days of Steam sale and I just paid off my CE copy of GW2 on top of buying another hard drive for the Steam games.

Edit: Y's!

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet Less than 7 minutes left!!

GAF Yay or Neh?

Is it a Fun game or just a Pretty game?

If you think Limbo is Pretty game more than Fun on a scale of 8:3 Pretty:Fun ratio

How would you rate this game?

Also vote Borderlands?

Dammit dammit dammit. I have been waiting for Splinter Cell to appear as a flash/daily/community deal and cause I am in Australia I was asleep when it finally happened.

Dammit Capcom! Are you going to make me buy Dead Rising 2 at that price??
If you really want it, it's so fucking worth it, man. No joke. Vanilla DR2 or OTR? Either way, you can't go wrong. (I also bought DR2 for $15 because it wouldn't go lower during the winter sales, and it was one of the main games I wanted)

I think Hot Pursuit was worlds better than Hot Pursuit.

Mainly because Hot Pursuit knows what kind of game it is. Burnout, on the other had, tries too hard to NOT be as fun as the past games.

Is Hot Pursuit even open world? The videos I'm watching always show straight roads with turns. o_O
By open world I mean like Underground/Most Wanted/Burnout

GAF Yay or Neh?

If you think Limbo is Pretty game more than Fun on a scale of 8:3 Pretty:Fun ratio

Also vote Borderlands?

5:5 Maybe I think for Insanely twisted. Its basically Metroid on easy mode. I iked it, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

Is Hot Pursuit even open world? The videos I'm watching always show straight roads with turns. o_O

Nope its all tracks on freeways and country roads.

j-wood

I posted this at the end of a few pages ago...

Can anyone tell me if Driver SF has a mode like the original driver where you spawn and see how long you can outrun the police?

Katoki

Nope. Multi-player doesn't look like it is either but there is no specifying a track from what I recall. Game plays really nicely besides that though.

GAF Yay or Neh?

Also vote Borderlands?

Shadow Planet is not pretty at all, but is just an OK game. Nothing really fantastic about it.

Limbo is amazing in all aspects.

And yes, vote Borderlands all day everyday son.

Caerith

Is there any chance of Darksiders going on a larger sale? I want to try the first one before jumping into the second.
It's been cheaper every sale so far, iirc. I know I grabbed it for less than it's going for now and that was like a year ago.

Am I fucked?

r1sg2.jpg
No, just contact Steam Support. I've gotten that message a lot myself, takes them a few hours to resolve (sometimes it just resolves itself) and, at worst, the next day. It happens when you gift a lot, because, I mean, if someone hacked your account the first thing they'd do is buy a lot of games to send to their own accounts.

I picked up Shadow Planet this morning, since $3.74 was too good to pass up for it. Seems like an interesting metroidvania-style game from the few minutes that I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom