• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

My buying process of late:

Do I own it?

If no, is it cheap?

If yes, is it even remotely interesting?

If yes, how's the 3D?

If excellent, BUY!

Why I finally just picked up Dungeon Siege III.

Crysis 2 almost suckered me in. But I've still yet to play Crysis: Warhead, so I'll hold out for the 5 - 7.50 sale during the Holiday sale.

gdt

So with Witcher 2 being a community option (for the second time I believe?), does this mean it probably won't be a daily deal? 60% off is nice but I was hoping for something bigger.

Everytime time we've seen a game move from Daily to Flash/Community or vice versa they keep the same sale price. It would be messed up to lower the price later.

Ill throw my name in the hat as well - kitkatjam23 is my steam ID. Only 2 GAFers on my friends list. : (

Still going back and forth on the Assassin's Creed pack. Playing most games on PC now, dabbled with the first and didnt care for it (XB360 versions). Played and beat the second one and loved it. Haven't touched Brotherhood or Revelations.

Tess3ract

Banned
Like I don't mind the story progressing in a linear A->B->C fashion, I'd just rather like to explore and make up my own story and events. I don't really want to play a cinematic experience, I want to at least have the illusion of being able to make my own choices and see what the outcome is.

Basically what I'm saying is books are fine and all but I don't want to read one anymore, I want to read a CYOA book instead.

gdt

Does it still reward methodical, stealthy, scouting gameplay? Or did they COD-ify it?

I guess they COD-ified it a bit, but you still have choices whether to stealth the encounters or not, or choose a different path through it (I think you can even avoid some stuff by stealthing). But yeah, that stuff is still in there, but scaled back from C1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crysis 2 smokes Rage. Crysis 2 is linear, sure, but that doesn't automatically make it worse than C1.

I enjoyed the "slightly wide linear" approach to (some of) the levels in Crysis 2, but as far as pure shooting mechanics are concerned, Rage has it easily beat. Nothing in Crysis 2 quite nails the feeling of satisfaction as nailing an enemy with a wingstick and then finishing them off with that classic shotgun. But if we're comparing current-gen FPS games at the overall level, then Episode Two is sipping margaritas on a nice beach somewhere, completely devoid of concern.

MRORANGE

Crysis 2 smokes Rage. Crysis 2 is linear, sure, but that doesn't automatically make it worse than C1.

It does, I've played pre-alpha Crysis 2 at a expo and the amount of stuff they removed for Crysis 2 in the final build is just appalling.

I recall Crytek describing the setting change of Crysis 2 as "[an] urban jungle". Oh how mislead we were.

I really thought they'd let us loose on a few blocks of city at a time with explorable buildings/sewers/subways and such

The game turned out incredibly disappointing. I can barely get myself through it

StuBurns

Banned
Want to buy it but I'm pretty sure it will run like ass on my out of date gaming rig

Nvidia GTX-260
AMD Phenom II X3 720
8GB Ram

Anyone play this on a non state of the art PC?
Not only is it the best looking game on the top end, they did more with DX9 than anyone, it looks great on very low end machines.

JaseC

Not only is it the best looking game on the top end, they did more with DX9 than anyone, it looks great on very low end machines.

Runs like shit on dual-core systems, though.

Edit: Okay, "shit" is too harsh, but the optimisation for low-thread CPUs is definitely sub-par.

MRORANGE

I'm intrigued. Do go on.

- you could use all the suit functionality, identical to crysis 1, even the mouse UI was the same.
- different paths to the train station battle and other area's to replicate Crysis 1 sandbox environment as the EA PR mentioned to me as well.
- Lighting was better (as in not every environment was some dingy corridor)

a few others I forgot this was back in 2010 but if they released Crysis 2 back then it would have made a lot of people more happier with the PC version.

Danielsan

Got Left 4 Dead 2 for €3 thanks to Def Jukie. Thanks again man!
Also just tested Metro 2033. Seems to run fairly well 50-90 fps with settings on high an 1080p.
It looks great (with the exception of the character faces) and I'm digging the atmosphere so far.

kafiend

This is now live. Most of the games have Steam keys.

The poor guys at Groupees are releasing their Build a Bundle 2 shortly I think

Not the best time to be releasing since steam sales are on but if their prices are better then it might help them. They will also be having 25% off for the first 24 hours I think.

http://groupees.com/bab2

Dino D-Day [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Royale Xmas Bundle)

Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]

(The History of) Hammerfight [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Humble Indie Bundle 3)

Iron Grip: Warlord [Steam @ $3.99 right now] - (the single DLC pack on steam is $1.49)

Alien Breed: Impact [Steam @ $3.40 right now] - (it's the first in the trilogy, all 3 on Steam is $7.81)

Dogfighter [Steam @ $3.40 right now]

Syberia II [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (Syberia I was in Groupees Be Mine 3)

Will Fight For Food [Desura @ $4.99 right now]

Dead Horde [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (previously in Indie Face Kick 1)

Postal [Desura @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Gala Bundle 2)

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie [Steam @ $2.99 right now]

Depth Hunter [Desura @ $12.99 right now] - (currently in Indie Face Kick 2: BitG)

Picking Up:

Syberia II
Alien Breed: Impact
Tiny Bang Story

and thinking about maybe Dino D-Day and Dead Horde, but most likely I won't

minimum is $1 for one game with 3 games for $2.01 up to all 12 games for $6

Want to buy it but I'm pretty sure it will run like ass on my out of date gaming rig

Nvidia GTX-260
AMD Phenom II X3 720
8GB Ram

Anyone play this on a non state of the art PC?
My logic-defying non-gaming GT220 E5300 3GB system managed to play the demo @1280x720 low at playable framerates (for me). I'm sure you'd be fine playing it on your system provided you don't want to go nuts with the eye candy.

JaseC

- you could use all the suit functionality, identical to crysis 1, even the mouse UI was the same.
- different paths to the train station battle and other area's to replicate Crysis 1 sandbox environment as the EA PR mentioned to me as well.
- Lighting was better (as in not every environment was some dingy corridor)

boothisdev.gif

My first instinct was to vote for Risen 2, but 33% off - and no discount at any other point in the sale - is a little insulting.

Forget about Risen, wait for Christmas or next Summer.

Benedict

Any reason not to pick up Meridian 4 collection for € 22.99.

They have some games I'm interested in, like Syberia, Robin Hood, Alpha Prime and Scratches.
How are Still Life 1 & 2?

I just caved and bought C2ME, might have to add another $50 to my wallet, I guess I can live off the old pasta and rice in my pantry for 2 weeks.

Thanos2001

Neo Member
I just bought Europa Chronicles. When I go to the Sprite Pack DLC they don't show up as being already bought. Just making sure I'm not double dipping. There are 3 DLC that are not included right?

Dunlop

Thanks for the info, purchased ; )

I seemed to have misclicked on the remote install option and now cannot figure out how to get that option again with the Android app.

Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom