• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

I just bought Europa Chronicles. When I go to the Sprite Pack DLC they don't show up as being already bought. Just making sure I'm not double dipping. There are 3 DLC that are not included right?

They are wholly cosmetic and in no way necessary to play/enjoy the game. Save that $1.47 for Portal or something.

Dynoro

I'm hoping the Crysis sale will pave the way for some other EA games like NFSHP and Kingdom of Amalur but I've got a funny feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

For fucks sake. This is the second time The Witcher 2 loses in a community vote. I missed the flash deal this weekend, so make it a daily deal today, Valve!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, a DRM-plagued, region locked game that appeared in a previous flash sale just won the community choice. At this rate I'll never get to spend my remaining $34 :(

MRORANGE

It's not that bad, it's a really good game that has it's problems that can be fixed.

it's broken and unfinished. the patch and 12 additional characters for consoles comes out July 3 from what I read. not even sure if the PC ver gets it the same day.

Thanks for the info, although I still might pounce on it, when it's on sale. (I'm not too competitive at fighting games tbh, mostly play with friends local)

I was able to pick up a regular copy about 2 months ago for around 15 bucks. You do not want a digital copy of this game alone, believe me. The retail version is amazing. (And comes with a GOG copy too, btw.)

I'm pretty much fishing for a cheap copy so I'll take what I can get

Retail PC games is something I'm not interested in

1-D_FTW

I'm hoping the Crysis sale will pave the way for some other EA games like NFSHP and Kingdom of Amalur but I've got a funny feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

KoA is self-published on Steam. And considering they're closed, I guess they don't give a fuck that a sale would bring some money back to the state of Delaware.

It's not that bad, it's a really good game that has it's problems that can be fixed.

The question is though, will they bother fixing the PC version?

I'd like to get it for $15 or less, just to play as Tekken dudes in a SF game, plus there's Hugo and Poison. Just to play as some of those characters in that game would be worth the price to me. The rebalancing they have planned sounds great, but again, I hope it hits pc.

Gbraga

what's so bad about it? (apart from gems, which I think you can turn off right?)

Really terrible character balance, blockstun for certain moves (JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB) are huge, like game-breaking huge, the stages are too big, the characters have too much life and the combos do not so much damage, resulting in time overs ALL THE TIME. Pandora is pretty much a useless mechanic, it's just thrown there, they don't even care about making a mechanic in their game viable. Cross Assaults are mainly used to get some more life so you can win on time overs. You can turn off your gems but not other people's online, so you have to suck it up if you're planning on playing it online.

This game is garbage, which is really sad since the roster is so amazing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow! Arkham City actually won? Oh well, grats!

Lothars

Thanks for the info, although I still might pounce on it, when it's on sale. (I'm not too competitive at fighting games tbh, mostly play with friends local)
yeah

The question is though, will they bother fixing the PC version?

I'd like to get it for $15 or less, just to play as Tekken dudes in a SF game, plus there's Hugo and Poison. Just to play as some of those characters in that game would be worth the price to me. The rebalancing they have planned sounds great, but again, I hope it hits pc.
I think they will release all the content and updates for the game eventually but it seems like it will be a couple months behind the console versions.

BadAss2961

CLOAK ENGAGED!

Played Crysis 2 on PS3, brilliant shooter IMHO, will buy it again on steam when it's 5$ to play it how it was intended.
I haven't played it yet, but i'm also gonna wait on Crysis 2 as I already have enough to play from this sale. Will wait for winter when it's dirt cheap.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Bought Crysis 2. I'm a happy camper.

batman won? but..but ...but...witcher 2 is better IMO( yes i played both) and what are the chances of Kingdom of Amalur going on sale for $10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom