• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK, Braid ,_,? I've beaten that like two-hundred times on PS3 already... what to do... what to do...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hello my lovely gaffers. Do you think Counter Strike will turn up on Daily deals or flash deals? Or should I just buy it now?
There's literally no chance it'll show up as a deal! Sorry :(
Sales end 22 doesn't mean sales end on the 22nd. Sometimes they roll over to Monday 12pm.
You're giving me massive amount of hope, thank you!

Omikron

I missed my first vote this morning (Australian time) due to my son sleeping past 9am for the first time ever on a weekend. I am not complaining.

Euphor!a

Banned
Well the Steam store page says new deals through the 22nd, so I doubt the recap day would be the 22nd if the page says new deals will be there on the 22nd.

Hot Pursuit has a free roam mode where you can just drive around to your heart's content, but there is no other gameplay there - you can gain no XP and there is nothing to find. The world itself though is very lush, and is the prettiest open world for a racer out there.

When you play an event it just blocks off other major avenues while keeping shortcuts and off road paths open.

Burnout Paradise is hands down the better open world game, and one of the best games ever made ;P Just wish some of the effects looked better on my rig.
Thanks.

Burnout Paradise it is. :)
Plus NFS: Shift. :p

Alrix

So thinking about grabbing Tales of Monkey Island, yay or nay? Looks like a fun little game.

Also I've been wanting to play Sims Medieval, seems right up my alley, any chance it goes on sale? I think I remember someone saying they didn't expect Sims 3 to go on sale, but Simcity 4 has been up since then so I'm not sure if I should grab it or not.

Jak140

Every time I see Red Orchestra 2 sitting there for $5 I think maybe, but then I notice that it's not even in the top 20 sellers despite being on sale and that even Day of Defeat Source had more players during peak hours today. Makes me think it isn't worth it at even that price because the community seems to already be pretty much dead. :/

j-wood

Can anyone that owns Driver SF tell me if it has a mode where you see how long you can outrun the police like the original driver had?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Braid again? Isn't this, like, the ninth time?

So is Farcry 1 and/or 2 any good? Never tried them. I like Crysis a lot, though. They're made by the same people, aren't they?

Artofwar420

Hello my lovely gaffers. Do you think Counter Strike will turn up on Daily deals or flash deals? Or should I just buy it now?

Dinosaur-Sizes.jpg

Wait for a daily/flash or until the last day.

Every time I see Red Orchestra 2 sitting there for $5 I think maybe, but then I notice that it's not even in the top 20 sellers despite being on sale and that even Day of Defeat Source had more players during peak hours today. Makes me think it isn't worth it at even that price because the community seems to already be pretty much dead. :/

I remember trying to play some on the free weekend. The "community" that was there, like 6 dudes on the server, were just yelling on their mics at all "the fucking noobs" and how they now hated this game and tripwire was dumb for ruining their weekend.

What a great community.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You're giving me massive amount of hope, thank you!
Normally the very last day is the Recap day. Best of sale, or just most of the time the most popular choices. Probably see Skyrim, Deus Ex, Witcher, Whichever big indie game, etc.

There were also 11 Indie packs announced while we are on 9. Meaning there will be one on Sunday for sure. All publisher packs list the 23rd as the end too. Like previous sales, Monday at 12pm.

Basically, it depends on if they keep the community vote going on Sunday or not. They do. You have it and I really see no reason for them not to stop it. So another 3 tomorrow and another 3 Sunday.

Card Boy

Banned
I remember trying to play some on the free weekend. The "community" that was there, like 6 dudes on the server, were just yelling on their mics at all "the fucking noobs" and how they now hated this game and tripwire was dumb for ruining their weekend.

What a great community.

Yeah the Red Orchestra 2 community is bad. You know whats worse? the Revelations 2012 and Dino D-Day fanboys. Witness the horror on the Steam forums.

Eusis

Negative. Totally different companies
Half correct: FarCry 2 is from a different developer. FarCry 1 and Crysis are however both from Crytek, you could probably consider Crysis as an alternative FarCry 2. Certainly a lot closer in many ways.

Razek

Banned
All these years and I have never played Braid. Never really felt like buying it.

I found it meh. Some of the puzzles are obtuse and the wonky physics makes for multiple (and frustratingly hard) solutions that shouldn't exist. I did like the soundtrack though.

Yoshichan

All these years and I have never played Braid. Never really felt like buying it.
dragonlife, you recommended Ys to me and I loved it.

Now we're reversing roles.

I am recommending Braid to you. And you will love it.

haikira

Two questions, if anyone would be kind enough to answer for me.

First. How's the DRM for Driver SA?

Second. What's in the Deluxe Edition? I can't seem to find any info about it, on the steam store. Other than it's £1.25 more, here in the UK.

Think I've answered my own questions, with some goofe fu. DRM was patched to a one time activation. Though if there's anything i'm missing, please let me know.

About the Deluxe Edition. Here's the content list i found.

Additional in-game content:
3 Famous Cars in Multiplayer
Aston Martin DB5 - 1963
Lamborghini Miura - 1972
Shelby Cobra 427 - 1966
4 New Challenges in Single Player
Mass chase - Escape the whole police force of San Francisco
Relay race - Change cars between laps to win the race
Russian Hills racers - Race against 3 super cars in this famous district
Taxi - Race against other taxis in downtown

Just curious if anyone who got the game, has an opinion on if the Deluxe Edition is worth the extra few quid?

EDIT: Also more important. If a lot of you guys think it's dog shit, that would be information i'd find useful. I liked it enough from the demo and a 10 minute sample of the start of the game, trying a friends console version. But curious to hear from people, with more experience with it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can't make decisions myself. Someone tell me if I should buy either, both, or none of the FarCrys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom