• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah yeah yeah installing now :p

ETA 20 mins.

I added 8xSSAA to this one :p

burnoutparadise2012-09zjg6.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't make decisions myself. Someone tell me if I should buy either, both, or none of the FarCrys.
I never played the second one but I absolutely loved the original FarCry back when it was released. I don't know how good it is today though!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I never played the second one but I absolutely loved the original FarCry back when it was released. I don't know how good it is today though!

That's enough to satisfy me. I'll grab 'em both.

BUT I SWEAR THAT'S THE LAST THING I'M BUYING ON STEAM. With the exception of Arma II.

Does anyone have an extra copy of GalCiv2 at sale price by any chance? I missed it last night since I had no moneys then fell asleep when I had moneys =(. I don't know why anybody still would at this point but just thought to ask since it seems awesome.

Stupid question. I'm still new to steam, just started PC gaming.

If steams doesn't have Controller enabled but under PC System Requirements it says:
Controller Support: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Does that mean it does and steam just didn't list it? Talking about Braid.

I would imagine so. I bought a game just now that didn't say it could use the 360 controller but it could when I started the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's enough to satisfy me. I'll grab 'em both.
Don't expect the level of variation of Crysis though! The graphics were straight up mind blowing back then but it's probably aged a lot. I do remember how satisfying it was to shoot bad dudes in the face though, so that counts for something!

Also, do not bother with the storyline. It's fucking horrible :lol

edit: Oh, and you do know about the twist, I take it :3?

Does anyone have an extra copy of GalCiv2 at sale price by any chance? I missed it last night since I had no moneys then fell asleep when I had moneys =(. I don't know why anybody still would at this point but just thought to ask since it seems awesome.

Someone around here had extra copies they were selling.

Also it might be a daily tomorrow if all this repeat and shuffling around stuff keeps panning out.

DSix

Banned
I can't make decisions myself. Someone tell me if I should buy either, both, or none of the FarCrys.

Far Cry 2 is a pretty unique and very immersing game. It has a few known shortcomings, but to me it's still worth experiencing. At least much better than any Crysis.

Man, when is the DiRT series going on sale? Only two days left... I'm a little paranoid that after all those leaked DiRT 3 keys that it won't happen.

Wait a sec. Did they all go on sale back when Showdown was on sale? D-:

Buy Far Cry 2 and you can officially join team "worst game of all time" or "best game of all time". It is a small price to pay to be part of internet flame wars.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Some people love it. Some hate it. Both agree that it needed a re-balance patch and then it would have been amazing.

For people looking for a good online shooter.
Ignore Red Orchestra 2. I'm one of those suckers who bought it for 27$ day one and played it for a week. The community still has players, largely focused on 2-3 servers. Most servers though are just full of bots. The game was just sorely balanced when it first came out and killed most of its potential base.

If you want a shooter, just play Tribes Ascend. F2P, very polished(Still has some balance issues, but you'll only notice them once you start to get high level players), and with nothing like it on the market.

haikira

While it's quite lazy to just link a review and i don't always see eye to eye with GT reviews, this video hits the nail on the head pretty well i think.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/cydq7b/far-cry-2-review

I'd say it's worth it. But a big shortcoming for most people, myself included, is the repetition of random encounters while out exploring. Expect to be ambushed, very often. If that doesn't sound like something that'll bother you much, go ahead i say.

EDIT: Also. If you like fire, as much as Beavis. Buy it right now.
Fire Fire Fire!

Danielsan

Jesus, Games For Windows Live already proving to be a giant pain in the ass with Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Upon booting it it asks for my Live ID (thank god I have a 360) and my product key. Sure, it's a hassle, but fine. Then after that, it decides that it needs to update GFWL and that I should close the game to do so. Rather annoying, but sure. Then I find out that I can't exit the game normally because GFWL has me locked at the "press A" title screen. Real smooth...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wat?

I really disliked this entry. The old Burnoutgames, at least for me, were far more refreshing than Burnout Ultimate. I could choose Tracks with lots of different settings like "italian", austrian alps, japanese fall-scenery etc.

This one just had Mountain, industry-area and downtown.

But to each their own. Cant go wrong with 3€ :D

Sort of agree. I did enjoy Paradise, but I felt that it being open-world made the individual "tracks" a lot weaker than in earlier games. Often they weren't even real tracks, but rather "find the fastest way from point A to point B" races, and I didn't really like that. The one I've personally enjoyed the most is still Burnout 2.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Shift or Shift 2?
(they are the same 7.49 to me)

Yoshichan

Jesus, Games For Windows Live already proving to be a giant pain in the ass with Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Upon booting it it asks for my Live ID (thank god I have a 360) and my product key. Sure, it's a hassle, but fine. Then after that, it decides that it needs to update GFWL and that I should close the game to do so. Rather annoying, but sure. Then I find out that I can't exit the game normally because GFWL has me locked at the "press A" title screen. Real smooth...
I can only imagine how fun it'll be for me when I buy Dark Souls and I have to deal with this GFWL-shit ,_,

Braid. Meh, already own that twice.

Just bought Deus Ex Human Revolution and managed to buy Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet at the last possible minute. Initally wanted to purchase both via I H8 Memes, but that fell through due to Valve locking down his account. Once again, thanks for all the help man, and hopefully it gets resolved soon!

Glad you were able to buy it in time. That was a close one.

While we are doing repeat Saturday again, can we have Warlock at somepoint again.

Well, you can actually get Warlock along with Majesty 2, Majesty Gold HD, and a bunch of Crusader Kings 2 DLC on Amazon for like $7.50. I think that's around, or cheaper than, the price it was on Steam earlier this week:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZXSK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And if you wanted to complete the pack, there's another Paradox one with Crusader Kings 2, Magicka, Victoria 2, and Sword of the Stars:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZDZI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

All of those register on Steam. I think it more than fits what you're looking for.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
edit: Oh, and you do know about the twist, I take it :3?

I know nothing about the game. I bought them both, though. I have a soft spot for old FPS games. (I love running them at specs I couldn't run them at when they came out.)

Tess3ract

Banned
These shallow, trite posts are useless. At least provided a substantive reason as to *why* you think it's bad. If you're just going post another one-liner, don't bother.
These "shallow, trite posts" is all the attention it deserves.

It's boring, it's shallow, it's more linear than a gothic game should be, it runs like crap, etc

They tried to make it less like gothic, but did a poor job.

oipic

Please excuse my neediness, but are there any kind US GAFfers available and willing to fight the tyranny of EA and their price-gouging, and gift Shift 2 for me? Even with 75% off, it's still $20 here down under... Thanks guys.

Dacvak

Anybody have any idea why this shit happens every time I try to play Train Sim 2012?

i8H2J.png

At the moment of writing this, it's been frozen for about five minutes with little hope of improving.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
FAR CRY1 IS ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOOTERS EVER.
Give yourself to it.

Longshot

Man, when is the DiRT series going on sale? Only two days left... I'm a little paranoid that after all those leaked DiRT 3 keys that it won't happen.

Wait a sec. Did they all go on sale back when Showdown was on sale? D-:
I've been waiting for a DiRT sale for ages now, my Steam needs more racing games.

FAR CRY1 IS ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOOTERS EVER.
Give yourself to it.
Until
Trigens are introduced
where it nosedives and plummets through the floor. God damn,
the rockets from those rocket armed bastards have a blast radius of like 3 miles, you just can't fucking avoid it!

Just purchased Fallout 3 GOTY Edition even though I own it on the Xbox 360. Why can't I stop myself from buying games I don't need?

It is amazing how (some) publishers don't even realize how low prices make us all double dip.

(I have this problem too, I've even double dipped box copy PC games for the steam version.)

Enco

INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT COLLECTS DATA ONLINE NECESSARY TO PROVIDE INGAME ADVERTISING.

From Burnout. The hell is this?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I sort of love that.

And how about
the level where they strip of your guns and dump you put of a helicopter and you have to jump off a waterfall and swim down a river covertly while there tons of enemies on the shore and then it let's out to this lake thing and there is a vehicle. That part was so effin incredible. And then the part where there's a beached freighter and you go inside.. Omfg
I wanna play some goddamn far cry now. Glad I bought it this morning, have no idea where my discs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom