• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Is tomm the last day or Sunday is?! Anyone has any clue what the last day sale is going to be?

They've done greatest hits in the past, but sometimes they don't.

I'd expect more of the same, flash deals and community choice deals with one or two deal we haven't seen before.

finished Tiny & Big, according to steam it took me 3.1 hours, but it was well worth the 6 bucks. Im also missing 30 achievements with barely any description so it seems like there's tons of secrets or shit to do.

The cutting mechanic is really fun but what I liked the most was easily the presentation. The music is great and I loved the art style. Kind of like a mixture between Adventure Time and Mcbess.

Ending barely hints at the possibility of a sequel so:
Haven't played it yet but I've probably listened to the soundtrack 50 times. Great stuff.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
They've done greatest hits in the past, but sometimes they don't.

I'd expect more of the same, flash deals and community choice deals with one or two deal we haven't seen before.

ARMA TW-ARRRGGHUAAABBALEBLLEEEEE!!!!!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm always a KB&M guy on my PC but I am getting a 360 wired controller for Bastion and Limbo..
Lucky you, today I literally spend almost an hour looking through many electronics and gaming stores and couldn't find a single one :(
The closest I got was a guy telling me he'll probably get some more in stock next monday, and another one trying to sell me a wireless gamepad (which I don't want). Oh, and a Razer at double the price of MS'.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm literally driving a freight train across the country, in real time. And for some reason it's enthralling.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All right guys, I'm heading to bed! When I wake up, Borderlands will have won against MW3! BELIEVE!

G'night, see you all in 8-9 hours :3

LuffyZoro

This is some fascinating voting information.

iCmWk.png

All right guys, I'm heading to bed! When I wake up, Borderlands will have won against MW3! BELIEVE!

G'night, see you all in 8-9 hours :3
Pretty sure that's happened once already. Maybe it wasn't Borderlands but MW3 has been losing out from what I've seen.

Its going to take a lot more than 50% off to get me to pull the trigger.

They fucked up with the community choice and flash deals. It seems every community choice/flash deal was also slated to be a daily deal, so we get the illusion of repeats when really we're just seeing deals early.
Some of the flash deals have been much better than the dailies though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We are now 5 strong in Burnout Paradise with Shane, Steve, Salsa is coming now, Cuban, and me. 3 more spots folks. GET YOU ASS HERE!

Ok I've got about 30 minutes for a quick giveaway. Anyone want to play a Need for Speed or Driver: San Francisco? All are pretty good deals. I'll see who I can get to.

NFS:Shift would be awesome! Not sure which one is better though. I think Shift 1 has long loading times IIRC?

bigace33

Lucky you, today I literally spend almost an hour looking through many electronics and gaming stores and couldn't find a single one :(
The closest I got was a guy telling me he'll probably get some more in stock next monday, and another one trying to sell me a wireless gamepad (which I don't want). Oh, and a Razer at double the price of MS'.

Walmart carries them all the time.

They fucked up with the community choice and flash deals. It seems every community choice/flash deal was also slated to be a daily deal, so we get the illusion of repeats when really we're just seeing deals early.

I think that's the point, though. Feels like a direct response to the number of "Oh no, I missed a deal!" complaints from previous sales.

marrec

Banned
I think that's the point, though. Feels like a direct response to the number of "Oh no, I missed a deal!" complaints from previous sales.

I see a lot of complaining about repeats though, I love the idea of Flash Sales, but I think they should be sales that you will not see again and of games that don't normally get a discount. Like a flash sale on Atom Zombie Smasher or something. (I know AZS has had daily deals before, but it's not one you see often like Dungeon Defenders or Sanctum.)

Edgeward

I was not gonna buy anything except the real cheapos at the end of the sale like Tobe's and such. But I need to mindjack cars while in a coma. I had to get Driver SF.

wilflare

Thank you Dupy for a copy of Driver: San Francisco
He's awesome! After gifting, he asked "What would GAF like?"
and ta-dah, more giveaways on the thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom