• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Odds of The Last Remnant and Divinity II being a daily deal or flash sale? Can't seem to get the 20% off code to work for Green Man Gaming for some reason.

dragonlife, you recommended Ys to me and I loved it.

Now we're reversing roles.

I am recommending Braid to you. And you will love it.
I've had the story spoiled, and I could use that money for other games. I'm running low on funds; I have to be selective. I can live without it for a few more years :p

ALSO, I want to play Burnout! Who do I add? As in, names!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've had the story spoiled,
Aaaaaaaaand I'm outta here!
8R5Jq.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm such an asshole.

Buys $200 worth of games on Steam

Only plays Train Simulator

Why do I like this game?

ShaneB

Just purchased Fallout 3 GOTY Edition even though I own it on the Xbox 360. Why can't I stop myself from buying games I don't need?

I cracked and double dipped on Burnout Paradise. I already regret it. I mean, it's nice to have it on pc, but I already played it for 100+ hours on 360, that 4 dollars could be important tomorrow :( Not to say I wont have fun with it again here now, but dang it! lol

alphaNoid

Banned
I think I'm done :)

GX0kh.png

I'm always a KB&M guy on my PC but I am getting a 360 wired controller for Bastion and Limbo.. but I've heard that Witcher 2 is actually best played with a controller too on PC? Is this true??

bigace33

Shift or Shift 2?
(they are the same 7.49 to me)

Man I hate to sound like a broken record, but avoid Shift 2. Shft 1 is the better game. I will say Shift 2 looks really good on PC, the cockpit view is pretty slick but it handles like pure crap.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Probably not the first to wonder this, but I wouldn't be shocked if Arma ends up significantly discounted on the last day. Sales would go through the roof.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm such an asshole.

Buys $200 worth of games on Steam

Only plays Train Simulator

Why do I like this game?
At least you're playing a Steam-game!

F4HX1.jpg

,_,

DukeBobby

I cracked and double dipped on Burnout Paradise. I already regret it. I mean, it's nice to have it on pc, but I already played it for 100+ hours on 360, that 4 dollars could be important tomorrow :( Not to say I wont have fun with it again here now, but dang it! lol

I'm buying all these games, but my PC doesn't even arrive until next Thursday. Knowing my luck, none of the games I've bought will actually play on it!! lol

I think I'm done :)

GX0kh.png

I'm always a KB&M guy on my PC but I am getting a 360 wired controller for Bastion and Limbo.. but I've heard that Witcher 2 is actually best played with a controller too on PC? Is this true??
Honestly even Binary Domain feels optimally played on a pad. There have been patches that improved the mouselook, but it still feels janky.

Starts up Burnout Paradise

Please enter ea account bullshit

I know I had whatever I used for Bad Company 2 but I forget what that was, and I'll just make a new one anyway...

I know SteveWinwood is taken! I took it!

Gahhhhhhhh stupiddddddddd

Yoshichan

Lol. How is that, by the way?
Haha, I'm the last person you should ask. I'm "competitive" in the IWBTG-scene so I'm obviously going to to be biased :3 We're currently trying to reach 0 death completion. It's a hella lot easier than IWBTG (and also much shorter, for obvious reasons)!

edit: Oh and the game is fucking amazing, but take that with a lot of salt XD

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Ok I've got about 30 minutes for a quick giveaway. Anyone want to play a Need for Speed or Driver: San Francisco? All are pretty good deals. I'll see who I can get to.

Starts up Burnout Paradise

Please enter ea account bullshit

I know I had whatever I used for Bad Company 2 but I forget what that was, and I'll just make a new one anyway...

I know SteveWinwood is taken! I took it!

Gahhhhhhhh stupiddddddddd

I HATE that in Burnout Paradise you have to press "Enter" after you've filled in your text box. That little leftover from the game's console-centered UI thing really made it annoying to try to remember your password.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Tempted to get Burnout since I don't have my 360 copy anymore but no DLC hurts unless you cant the workaround for the cars. Instead I kinda want to rebuy the 360 version lol.

Salsa

finished Tiny & Big, according to steam it took me 3.1 hours, but it was well worth the 6 bucks. Im also missing 30 achievements with barely any description so it seems like there's tons of secrets or shit to do.

The cutting mechanic is really fun but what I liked the most was easily the presentation. The music is great and I loved the art style. Kind of like a mixture between Adventure Time and Mcbess.

Ending barely hints at the possibility of a sequel so:

oipic

Man I hate to sound like a broken record, but avoid Shift 2. Shft 1 is the better game. I will say Shift 2 looks really good on PC, the cockpit view is pretty slick but it handles like pure crap.

Wasn't there a 'handling mini-mod' that supposedly addressed the main concerns with this (reduced floaty sensation and input lag etc)?

Been awhile since I've played it though, and that was on a mate's machine - still looking for gifting help from a US GAFfer if possible. :)

alphaNoid

Banned
Honestly even Binary Domain feels optimally played on a pad. There have been patches that improved the mouselook, but it still feels janky.

I'm currently playing it KB&M and its good, but I know exactly what you mean. The 'camera' its built for controller movement for sure and the mouse works about 80% of the time, the other 20% are when they force the FOV to be very tight etc...

bigace33

Tempted to get Burnout since I don't have my 360 copy anymore but no DLC hurts unless you cant the workaround for the cars. Instead I kinda want to rebuy the 360 version lol.

Burnout is great fun on PC if you can look past all the missing dlc. The console versions are superior due to this fact. No toy cars, no big surf Island, no fricking Knight rider GT Carson (best car in game) and many other special cars. I have all three versions and will say I only play the PC version due to convenience. I rarely fire up the PS3 and sold off my 360.

Salsa

also hey, now that you all got Burnout Paradise we should play that shit

MP with gaffers could be fun and I need an excuse to go back to it

finished Tiny & Big, according to steam it took me 3.1 hours, but it was well worth the 6 bucks. Im also missing 30 achievements with barely any description so it seems like there's tons of secrets or shit to do.

The cutting mechanic is really fun but what I liked the most was easily the presentation. The music is great and I loved the art style. Kind of like a mixture between Adventure Time and Mcbess.

Ending barely hints at the possibility of a sequel so:

Cool, I planned on going through it next week. Did you play with k&m or controller?

s7evn

Anybody have any idea why this shit happens every time I try to play Train Sim 2012?

i8H2J.png

At the moment of writing this, it's been frozen for about five minutes with little hope of improving.
I get it when I start The Witcher 2, though if I cancel the steam prompt it still loads the game just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom