• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaNoid

Banned
Lucky you, today I literally spend almost an hour looking through many electronics and gaming stores and couldn't find a single one :(
The closest I got was a guy telling me he'll probably get some more in stock next monday, and another one trying to sell me a wireless gamepad (which I don't want). Oh, and a Razer at double the price of MS'.

Sucks :/.. My anniversary and bday are in the next week so my wife is going to get it for me for either of those. Likely from Amazon, where I linked her. You could try online, but I suppose you wanted that impulse action for some weekend gaming?

I wont bother playing those games until the controller arrives, working on BD currently.

edit. Anyone have the final word on whether or not I should use the 360 controller for witcher 2 or stick with kb&m?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ah, I'm about to leave the house and the Tales of Monkey Island deal is almost over so I bit. I watched some footage and it looked OK, my love of the classic games should be strong enough for me to get some enjoyment out of it. It doesn't get deep discounts that often on Steam so I couldn't resist.

Petrie

Banned
I hate you Steam. Decide to get Risen on the GAF hype, and Steam won't goddamn let me buy. Error after error on the mobile site, and I'm stuck at work for the next few hours. This is fucking bullshit.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I love the idea of Flash Sales, but I think they should be sales that you will not see again and of games that don't normally get a discount. Like a flash sale on Atom Zombie Smasher or something. (I know AZS has had daily deals before, but it's not one you see often like Dungeon Defenders or Sanctum.)
Agreed 100%. Wasted potential.

Thinking of them as daily deal previews is a lot nicer, though. I'll have to look at it from that perspective henceforth and try to quit grousing.

I hate you Steam. Decide to get Risen on the GAF hype, and Steam won't goddamn let me buy. Error after error on the mobile site, and I'm stuck at work for the next few hours. This is fucking bullshit.

Risen is SOOOOOO GOOODDDDDDD. It is soooooo amazing.

But in all seriousness are u using the steam app?!

Ah, I'm about to leave the house and the Tales of Monkey Island deal is almost over so I bit. I watched some footage and it looked OK, my love of the classic games should be strong enough for me to get some enjoyment out of it. It doesn't get deep discounts that often on Steam so I couldn't resist.

Its a good series. Enjoy it.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"

Check your PMs.

j-wood

I'm THIS close to buying Driver, but it all hinges on if it has a mode similar to the original driver, where you spawn and see how long you can outrun the cops.

Does it?

Cheddahz

Banned
For anyone debating on getting a good racing game, get Driver. The cars in the game feel great when you drive them and I never got bored with the game overall (unlike some other EA game that was revolved around cop chases)

Edgeward

I still can't decide on Krater. The GB quicklook looked decent enough but real time combat and no pausing makes me wary. The music is oh so good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom