• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Oh wow if Borderlands wins I'll definitely gift that out to some GAFers tonight. Loved that game on 360 and will be picking it up myself if it's only $4.99.

Retne

Anyone has experience with Analogue: A Hate Story game? It looks pretty funny I wonder if its any good :D

RPS suggests it. Keep in mind it's a visual novel so the most interaction is choosing dialog options or deciding between two actions. Not everyone likes that sort of thing. Here's the RPS write up.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realize there's just no chance of Arma II going on sale. I mean, first off, it makes no sense for the publishers to put it on sale, since it's selling like crazy right now with a mere 20% off. Secondly, if it went on sale, like 50% off, that would be just a huge slap in the face to everyone who already purchased it. No one wants to piss off that many people at once.

Plus, I think the people who really want Arma II (like me) will end up paying the current price on the last day if it doesn't go on sale, anyway.

Sadly, it'd just be stupid for them to put it on sale. And that blows.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Anyone has experience with Analogue: A Hate Story game? It looks pretty funny I wonder if its any good :D

It's a visual novel presented as interaction with a ship's AI systems. You get to talk to it with two selections to respond with, and do some work with the subsystems by typing commands to perform certain actions. It's good, short, and the writing seems hammy at first but with good reason.

I was a fan of the author's Digital: A Love Story and slightly less so for Don't Take it Personally Babe. Your milage may vary.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Can someone tell me what the current Communities Choice game is? It's not appearing for me, say it is not available in my region.

Oh wow if Borderlands wins I'll definitely gift that out to some GAFers tonight. Loved that game on 360 and will be picking it up myself if it's only $4.99.

Oh Hai!

Just kidding. No begging here

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realize there's just no chance of Arma II going on sale. I mean, first off, it makes no sense for the publishers to put it on sale, since it's selling like crazy right now with a mere 20% off. Secondly, if it went on sale, like 50% off, that would be just a huge slap in the face to everyone who already purchased it. No one wants to piss off that many people at once.

Plus, I think the people who really want Arma II (like me) will end up paying the current price on the last day if it doesn't go on sale, anyway.

Welcome to a week ago. ;)

I hope this is allowed here. I have two guest passes from buying Red Orchestra today, message me on Steam if you guys want one.

Steam- UserJuke

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"

Check your PMs.

I was looking at it as well. Very interested in DayZ. I may just wait though.

Tukker

sweet thanks guys I'll keep an eye out if Analogue gets any cheaper during this sale, otherwise ill pick it up on the last day. It sounds interesting enough.

geeko

Just bought Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Last thing I want from this sale is Arma II, and I have $16 left in my summer sale budget. I swear If it comes up tonight for more than that I'm going to break something.

Gala

*sigh* 5am...the hope for a Tranformers: War for Cybertron sale kept me awake...but Gaben is cruel. Guess I go to bed for a couple of hours. Today is the last chance for it ;_;

Also everyone get Vampire: Bloodlines! It's a great rpg and don't forget the fan patch!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Vampire is a top three RPG of all time for me. $5 is a steal.

It's not all that humorous, or at least it's not meant to be. Some lighthearted moments here and there, but it's largely serious and occasionally even a bit brutal. I adored it, but it's absolutely not for everyone.

Could give the demo a whirl.

Darktalon

I swear to god that valve is looking at my wishlist. Every time. Every FREAKING TIME. They get me to come back. But hey, at least I've got Vampire: The Masquerade now.

Steam has stolen $260 from me in a week. What is wrong with me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
sweet thanks guys I'll keep an eye out if Analogue gets any cheaper during this sale, otherwise ill pick it up on the last day. It sounds interesting enough.

Analogue: A Hate Story? I paid 10 bucks for it and was satisfied. I think 5 dollars is a fair price since it's a somewhat short game.

What the hell... I semi raged earlier cause I missed the splinter cell community vote but it turns out I bought it. I must have been half asleep as I have no memory.

GABEN IS TAKING OVER

SpeedNut

What's interesting is that not too long ago that pack went to $14.99 on sale when the retail price went to $29.99. It could happen, and seems like it would be a great end to the sale.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Thanks a lot Cloudius!!

Also mad props to Prophet Steve, Xenoflux and BioHazard for being awesome gaffers as well :D

What's so great about it?
You can choose a character class that is crazy which changes all the dialogue options you have and how characters react to you.

But mostly the atmosphere and writing. It's like Deus Ex with less emphasis on combat and more emphasis on character interactions, only instead of being a nanoaugmented agent you're a vampire.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Risen at $5

Thanks. Name doesn't ring a bell with me.

paying $24 to play a mod is madness.

It is if you look at it like that, but ArmA II is a quality game in itself. So much enjoyment to be have, great fan made missions and a fantastic community.

Just bought Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, not for myself, just put it in my gifts section along with Just Cause 2, cos you know, one day there might be someone less fortunate than myself and appreciate them.

schnell

I think tomorrow would nicely finish off the sale with Endless Space at $7.49.

DO YOU HEAR ME GABEN?

I know the game just came out, just let me dream

What's so great about it?
zAYrD.jpg

Link Man

Banned
Have it from some Gamestop deal so gonna skip.

Still 2 hours to see if Alpha Protocol turns up as a flash deal before I blow what is left in my steam wallet on Risen.

You can download Risen for free (unlimited-length rental) over at Gamersgate, just sign up for VOID. It forces you to watch an ad before you play, but does not interrupt gameplay.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well, holy shit.

52LWL.png

Thank you so much, Dupy.

Because of Dupy's generosity, I'm going to pay it forward with a handful of games I have in my gift inventory in a few minutes.

Thanks again, man. GAF is an incredible place. =)

Jobacca

Neo Member

I would gladly enjoy it if you do end up giving it out. You can have my first born child

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Bought Far Cry 1 and tried it again after not playing it at all for years.

Game is still awesome as hell. Super satisfying gunplay, and I forgot how good the "cat and mouse" stuff works. This is secretly one of the best stealth games out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom