• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh damn they added cheevos to Analogue, guess I'll have to replay it.

Why? After all, the developers won't get any of your money, it all goes to Activision's pocket. I bought it on Steam, but I think the right choice would be pirating it.

Uhhh....

Do not know if want Risen or not...

I hope Borderlands wins the poll. I want to play as a Siren so bad!

*Edit* Great now Greenmangaming is selling Darksiders for $5. Ugh choicesss

Cheddahz

Banned
Anybody here wanna try to sell me on Alan Wake? I haven't played a good horror game in a long time and hopefully this can fill that hole

I still have like two hours to buy it anyways

Lain

You can download Risen for free (unlimited-length rental) over at Gamersgate, just sign up for VOID. It forces you to watch an ad before you play, but does not interrupt gameplay.

VOID is not available in my country, or so Gamersgate says, tried earlier with no success =/

Just a heads up for anyone having problems with Driver constantly freezing every now and again this is because the uplay servers are being overloaded. To stop the freezing either block the Driver.exe from accessing the net via a firewall or disconnect your PC from the net (no switching the uplay client to offline mode does not solve this).

I knew, I just knew I shouldn't have given in and bought a Ubisoft game.

Anybody here wanna try to sell me on Alan Wake? I haven't played a good horror game in a long time and hopefully this can fill that hole

Walking through woods with limited battery life in your flash light, hearing bushes russle behind you, checking, turn around and an enemy is coming right at you with a sicle.

I think that warrants a few more asterisks.

Huh? Ran fine for me. :-/

Edit: To be fair I last played it a year ago and I may have had the community patch downloaded

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I personally didn't find Alan Wake to be a good horror game at all. It's a fun action game with some good atmospheric moments here and there but nothing really frightening.

Jak140

It is if you look at it like that, but ArmA II is a quality game in itself. So much enjoyment to be have, great fan made missions and a fantastic community.

Yeah, but almost all of the people buying it now are getting it for DayZ. Not long ago they were literally giving the game away. I personally can't say I have much interest for the base game, though I might give it shot in a few months if it drops to $5. Actually, I think I have a copy of ARMA II I got for free from GMG several months ago (w/o OA, so it won't work with DayZ) that I never bothered to install.

Well, holy shit.

52LWL.png

Thank you so much, Dupy.

Because of Dupy's generosity, I'm going to pay it forward with a handful of games I have in my gift inventory in a few minutes.

Thanks again, man. GAF is an incredible place. =)

Holy crap, congrats!! ARMA GET! really jealous!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh, that was unexpected...

Just woken up and my Steam says I have a gift, of Risen from Xelios as it was on my wishlist, yey!

I'll need to return the favour now, heh.

Cheddahz

Banned
I personally didn't find Alan Wake to be a good horror game at all. It's a fun action game with some good atmospheric moments here and there but nothing really frightening.

Oh well....if it's just a fun action game, I'll just play this copy of Arkham Asylum that has been sitting near my Xbox for a month now

Thanks anyways man

geeko

Jesus dupy you nice man, you just made some manly men cry here.

GABEN, I HAVE MONEY FOR ARMA 2, specifically 16.00, make it happen for 14.99, PUHLEASE!!

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Really debating picking up Risen. I mean, I played the crappy version on 360 and liked it and put a lot of time into it, but wound up putting it aside. Can't remember why. I got to the big city area I think, or one of them, and just stopped.

I know it's free at GG but it's still sort of a rental that could disappear at any time.

Grabbed Bloodlines though.

How does the vampire game run on windows 7 machines?

Exceptionally well, once you add in the fan mod everyone recommends. It adds in high definition, fixes a few known bugs, and makes everything silky smooth.

I haven't beaten the game yet but the time I did spend with it was superb.

xDEKOIx

Damn spent the last of my $ on Guild Wars 2 for my gf. Shes a happy camper playing the beta right now, but there goes my hopes of picking up Arma on sale lol.
Only five more months till winter sale right guys? lol

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hahha, I start work in 3hrs for a 12hr shift. Communities Choice renews in 3hrs 6mins. I guess I will never know what it will be!

Wonder if I can use steampowered on the Vita while at work.

Guri

Oh well....if it's just a fun action game, I'll just play this copy of Arkham Asylum that has been sitting near my Xbox for a month now

Thanks anyways man

Alan Wake is more of a thriller than a horror game. Even Remedy said that. Still, I loved it.

AlexBasch

You're running some sort of money laundering operation, Duby?

j/k you're great dude! :D I'll get that Arma some day, I downloaded the free version of it and holy shit, I kept getting headshotted in the first mission right at the start, considering it's a multiplayer game I know I won't last long.

And if there's nothing cool in remaining days and recaps, I'm going to punch myself in the dick for not getting some games now. ):

geeko

Hahha, I start work in 3hrs for a 12hr shift. Communities Choice renews in 3hrs 6mins. I guess I will never know what it will be!

Wonder if I can use steampowered on the Vita while at work.

I think you'll be able to look at the sales, but wont be able to log in to buy anything.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Damn spent the last of my $ on Guild Wars 2 for my gf. Shes a happy camper playing the beta right now, but there goes my hopes of picking up Arma on sale lol.

Worth it!! If she's happy, you're happy.

I doubt it will go on sale at this point lol. Been waiting since the beginning.

wilflare

i'm still waiting for GMG to get a bigger discount on that!
EDIT: i mean GW2

Ultimadrago

Well, holy shit.

52LWL.png

Thank you so much, Dupy.

Because of Dupy's generosity, I'm going to pay it forward with a handful of games I have in my gift inventory in a few minutes.

Thanks again, man. GAF is an incredible place. =)

Hobbes has always been fuck-awesome, this is nothing new!

Seriously though, you are doing a great thing for the thread morale, Dupy.

marrec

Banned
I'm wondering the same thing, tried to play it years ago and didn't see anything special about it

I recently talked at length in a podcast about V:tM Bloodlines so I'm this is pretty fresh in my mind. There are many things that make it good, mostly the fact that is feels much more like what Deus Ex was and no other game has felt like since. (Except Human Revolution, a bit.) The writing is top notch from start to almost finish. (It finishes pretty poorly.) And the setting of Los Angeles is perfectly realized as a almost normal but infested with darkness world.

More than anything else though, the way the world reacts to the character that you're playing is what makes V:tM special. Playing through it has a Malkavian is one of the best gaming experiences of my life. And the Oceanview Hotel is the scariest game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom