• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Update.

Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Far Cry Complete
Amanita Bundle
Syberia
The Void
Beyond Good and Evil
Geometry Wars
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
The Witcher 2
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy - Four Pack
Krater - Collectors Edition
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Thief Bundle 2012
Carpe Fulger Bundle
Just Cause 2
Metro 2033
Crysis Maximum Edition Bundle
Saints Row: The Third
- Shark Attack Pack DLC
Mirror's Edge
Assassin's Creed Pack - Deluxe
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Cave Story+
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
Dead Space Pack
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
The Walking Dead
Borderlands GOTY
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
Orcs Must Die!
- Artifacts of Power
- Lost Adventures
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Legend
Darkness II (ROW)
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2012)
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman: Arkham City + DLC
Gotham City Imposters
Alice Madness Returns
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Four Pack
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Sonic Generations
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Trine
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Darksiders
Sanctum: Collection
PixelJunk Eden + Soundtrack
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Portal 2
Terraria
Rayman Origins
Deus Ex Collection
Binary Domain
- Dan Marshall Pack
- Multiplayer Pack
Bioshock
Bioshock 2

Gifted:

Adventures of Shuggy
Yesterday

A warning for those who bought Driver San Francisco: After about an hour of playtime, the framerate begins to tank. Apparently, there's a memory leak that hasn't been fixed. First, the lack of HDR and now this. I, uh, don't think this game was a very good port. But hey, at least it was cheap! ...Right?
I've never encountered a problem like this with it...

Who here hasn't played Braid yet?
I haven't but I have it from one of the million indie bundles. I'll get to it one day!

Giard

Everyone's being so nice giving games... I guess I'll do my part.

I have an unused Bastion code up for grabs. First one to make me laugh out loud wins it!

xDEKOIx

Damn thats an impressive list CRS..

Mine is:
Trine 2
Saints Row 3
The Witcher

Gifted:
Trine 2
Mount and Blade Warband
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Stalker:pOC
Dead Island

I guess I should have put a little more off to the side for myself for Borderlands.. ah well.

So is it worth picking up ARMA II: Combined Operations for DayZ now or should I just wait till the last day? I've been saving up for weeks and I can't wait to play it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Everyone's being so nice giving games... I guess I'll do my part.

I have an unused Bastion code up for grabs. First one to make me laugh out loud wins it!

I bought some Olympic themed condoms this week and told my partner I was going to wear Gold.

She said I should wear Silver and come second for a change.

I don't want the code, I just wanted to make someone laugh

Argh 1hr left wonder if I should get burnout hrm choices choices

Just buy it, leave it in your gifts. That way if you don't want it later you can always trade or something. Better to have the option than to regret and wonder when it'll be available again.

Retne

So is it worth picking up ARMA II: Combined Operations for DayZ now or should I just wait till the last day? I've been saving up for weeks and I can't wait to play it.

Wait for the last day. You never know if ARMA II: CO will be a daily deal or not so why waste money? Unless you absolutely need it right now just wait and see.

theflawd1

Neo Member

sometimes the shortest path seems the longest....

but I would wait and see, who knows it might still go on sale here at the end.... and we are very near the end.

have hope!

A warning for those who bought Driver San Francisco: After about an hour of playtime, the framerate begins to tank. Apparently, there's a memory leak that hasn't been fixed. First, the lack of HDR and now this. I, uh, don't think this game was a very good port. But hey, at least it was cheap! ...Right?

I keep having a problem where every 30 seconds or so it would stall for like 2-3 seconds. I would guess the game is loading or something. Everything runs great until that happens.

Bad enough that I won't play it again until I can fix it.

You've already come this far, you can wait a few days with the rest of us to be disappointed when it doesn't become a daily, flash or community deal.

Uhh, I mean, believe. It'll be tomorrow.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well Driver SF is basically unplayable because it's freezing every 30 seconds-1 minute. Guess that's what I get for buying an Ubisoft game.

I keep having a problem where every 30 seconds or so it would stall for like 2-3 seconds. I would guess the game is loading or something. Everything runs great until that happens.

Bad enough that I won't play it again until I can fix it.

Basically this.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Still looking for haikus for Toki Tori, RUSH, and a Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (which contains 4 games)

The contest is almost over, and I'm starting to judge now - Get your entries in, and if you submit a haiku for any of the above games, you'll probably win!

Alright people, I got about 3 (extra) bucks left in my Steam wallet gifting away a free 2.49 game....who's up for contest #3?

Just name all the game references you see, it's simple

RULES: PM me the list of games, DO NOT, DO NOT post in this thread!

Note: If a game is referenced from a series, and it's not clear which one of the instalments it is from that specific series, then and only then you can just say the name of the series.

but if its very clear which sequel is it from, then you have to give the exact name of the game.

Example: If you see a crowbar, you can just say Half Life
But if you see Alyx, you have to say Half Life 2 Ep1 & Ep2

Here's your first hint: there are at least 7 games referenced, winner gets a 2.49 game of his/her choice, good luck.

PS: Excuse my shitty sketch, this is done for fun, not for artistic credibility.

tF0GZ.jpg

Alright people, I got about 3 (extra) bucks left in my Steam wallet gifting away a free 2.49 game....who's up for contest #3?

Note: If a game is referenced from a series, and it's not clear which one of the instalments it is from that specific series, then and only then you can just say the name of the series.

but if its very clear which sequel is it from, then you have to give the exact name of the game.

Here's your first hint: there are at least 7 games referenced, winner gets a 2.49 game of his/her choice, good luck.

PS: Excuse my shitty sketch, this is done for fun, not for artistic credibility.

tF0GZ.jpg

I don't play FPS, I'm out. :-(

tF0GZ.jpg

Not entering since I can only maybe get 4/7, just thought the sketch was really cute.

Someone should make a little sketch/art-related contest!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
For those having trouble with Driver:SF freezing

Apparently people on the Steam forums are saying that this is due to Ubi's server being overloaded, users are reporting that the game runs fine in offline mode or if you block the game by creating a firewall exception.

I'm going to try it now and I'll report back.

Oh man, I have $22.86 left. If Gods & Kings won't be on sale for less than $15, I'm gonna grab the LucasArts Adventure pack and save the rest for Winter/Thanksgiving Sale.

Giard

Bastion is still up for grabs! First one to make me laugh out loud (and not disgust me, I'm looking at you, xDEKOIx :p) wins it!

http://i.imgur.com/tF0GZ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
We need to name all, right? Damn, I only see 7... D:

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Not entering since I can only maybe get 4/7, just thought the sketch was really cute.

Someone should make a little sketch/art-related contest!

Give it a shot man, I only guessed six and I don't even know if I am right for any of them. Someone could guess 8 items but only get 3 right. You never know!

Secretly I don't want anyone else to enter so I can win Choplifter HD!

wilflare

tF0GZ.jpg

PMed this is really quite awesome :D

KingKong

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers is awesome. I love it. This might be my favorite Summer Sale pickup, props to Giantbombs Vinny for showcasing it. It has so much heart and style

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
yIocV.png

Thanks to everyone who entered. There were probably over 10 different Bioshock 2 entries, alone! Holy cow! Here are the winners:

Bit.Trip Beat - Esnel Pla
On a Winter's Night
You just need a few pixels
To help keep you warm

Cogs - UraMallas
Slide puzzles are cheap
But Dacvak makes them cheaper
Cogs be a keeper

Defense Grid - Sarcastic Response
Towers shooting stuff
Generic defense again!?
GAF votes wrong always.

Rush - No one entered!
The poor game of RUSH
No one even wants it for free.
PM me to win.

Toki Tori - GoofsterStud
With his love for blocks.
He must save his fellow eggs.
With only his legs.

Half-Life 2 - Cheddahz
Oh boy, Half Life 2
That gravity gun is sweet
I have never played

Half-Life 2: Episode One - Gen X
Gordon, Black Mesa
It wasn't your fault you know
D0g. Alyx. Unite

Bioshock 2 - tylerf
Check under the sea
Big Daddies roam the Sealab
Wait I mean Rapture

Humble Frozenbyte Bundle - pock3tmonster
Steam burns my wallet
Frozenbyte cools Summer heat
Flash and Dailies missed

Humble Frozenbyte Bundle - AngmarsKing701
Bundle me some games,
Let me play them pretty please,
Damn am I too late?

----------------------------------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners! Thanks for playing, everyone.

If you were a winner, please PM me with your email address and I'll send you your prize.

Cheers!

Giard

Can I just, like, give you a quick sketch of anything that you want? :p
Well I won't say what will make me laugh, but you could do a quick sketch of something that could make me laugh.

For the new page: Bastion is still up for grabs! First one to make me laugh out loud wins it!

hahaha Oh man, that says alot about my humor. /ashamed
It was disgusting, but it was pretty funny. I didn't laugh out loud though. :p

Ceebs

Still looking for haikus for Toki Tori, RUSH, and a Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (which contains 4 games)

The contest is almost over, and I'm starting to judge now - Get your entries in, and if you submit a haiku for any of the above games, you'll probably win!

rotund yellow bird
must rescue in danger eggs
tools ensure success

Edit: Oops looks like I missed the cutoff.

tF0GZ.jpg

That is awesome. There are two things I can't quite remember what they are, but I know should remember what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom