• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

I'm wondering the same thing, tried to play it years ago and didn't see anything special about it

You can choose a character class that is crazy which changes all the dialogue options you have and how characters react to you.

But mostly the atmosphere and writing. It's like Deus Ex with less emphasis on combat and more emphasis on character interactions, only instead of being a nanoaugmented agent you're a vampire.

zAYrD.jpg

Huh, well I haven't played the original Deus Ex, and I don't have any nostalgia for old PC games.

Can it be modded beautiful?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
tprKK.png

Okay, GAF. Let's play a little game.

Because Dupy was so generous in gifting me Arma II, I've decided to clear out some of my gift inventory and pay his kindness forward.

I have 10 games I'm going to be giving away. These are the following games that will be given away:

Here's how the game will work. It's very simple. Every game is up for grabs, but you only have one entry. In your entry, you have to do two things in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to me.

First, you must specify which game you're going to be playing for. In other words, tell me which game you want. If you're looking for Half Life 2, that's the only game you can win. If four other people also put Half Life 2, then you'll be fighting against them to get that prize. (You ARE allowed to post in this thread which game you're going for, in hopes that others won't go for it.)

Secondly, you must write a haiku about the game you want. A haiku is a poem that has 5 syllables, 7 syllables, then 5 syllables. Like this:

Half Life Two Is Great.
Wouldn't it be nice to win?
Freeman is a babe.

At MIDNIGHT (est), the winners will be chosen by me. The most creative, funny, charming, heart-warming, etc will be chosen, so feel free to get as creative or poetic as you want! The winners' haikus will be posted when the winners are announced.

Once more, please PRIVATE MESSAGE your entry to me, instead of posting it in the thread (so we don't clog up the thread).

Any questions? GO!

statham

anyone think Max Payne will drop again? its totally my type of game but hard to pull the trigger at then $30 price. if it hits $20 sold.

tylerf

I've got 5 dollars left in my wallet and I'm paranoid that if I buy anything, something better will come along later :|

dot

Vampire The Masquerade is like Deus Ex? Interesting.

It's on my wishlist but i think i'll just get it later down the road. Still waiting for Alice and Metro to come back on sale. :/

AlexBasch

Money laundering through Steam, that's a good one:)

Off to dinner, I'll be back at 11 to see the next deal. Fingers crossed for Borderlands...
Not trying to mine your generosity of course, but that'd be a rad way to do it. :p

Voted Borderlands, already completed it in the Xbox and bought it a few months ago for the PC, should get around to replay it.

Trip report:

Splinter Cell Conviction is rad as hell.
It is. I liked it in the Xbox through a rent but wanted to replay it and give the multiplayer a go, made my girlfriend to buy it for me with her phone at work, Steam app is a godsend, can't wait to get back home and start downloading it.

Guri

Wait, it's more of a thriller?

Ummm ehh debating if I should get it or not.....alright, I know the perfect question

Is it like Twin Peaks?

A mix of Twin Peaks with Stephen King. Alan Wake is a writer that sees his creations turning to reality. Once, Stephen King said that he had nightmares with that. And the game has a LOT of inspirations from Twin Peaks. Bright Falls (the game's city) is Remedy's version of Twin Peaks, the coffee is there and so on.

This is probably heresy to some people around here, but I actually prefer Bloodlines to Deus Ex.

No problem with that. When you compare two great games it doesn't really matter which comes out on top. Everybody should own both and die a little each side every year that goes by when games are released with about 1 10th the depth.

Sianos

Five dollars left, wonder what tomorrow will bring? :O

This sale has been amazing, and its been a pleasure serving with you all.

Oh shit someone was giving away Driver:SF a little while ago?

Damn, this is the penalty I receive for actually playing the games I bought during the sale.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Five dollars left, wonder what tomorrow will bring? :O

This sale has been amazing, and its been a pleasure serving with you all.

I've got $8.80. Its hard to choose lol. Already got The Witcher, Galactic Civ II and Torchlight. Not a bad haul so far.

Wanting ARMA II for DayZ and Borderlands but I have to see what else comes on sale.

OatmealMu

A warning for those who bought Driver San Francisco: After about an hour of playtime, the framerate begins to tank. Apparently, there's a memory leak that hasn't been fixed. First, the lack of HDR and now this. I, uh, don't think this game was a very good port. But hey, at least it was cheap! ...Right?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm going to let people know which games do not have an entry in 10 minutes.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm going to let people know which games do not have an entry in 10 minutes.

You say this closes at midnight, but what time is it where you are now? I get confused with EST and stuff, I'm used to +8GMT or something (EG: I am +12GMT)

Sysgen

A warning for those who bought Driver San Francisco: After about an hour of playtime, the framerate begins to tank. Apparently, there's a memory leak that hasn't been fixed. First, the lack of HDR and now this. I, uh, don't think this game was a very good port. But hey, at least it was cheap! ...Right?

Didn't have that issue though I heard about it so YMMV.

Never experienced that and I've played that game for hours on end while listening to podcasts and the like.

Petrie

Banned
Just wanted to thank Dupy for the hookup on Risen. Thank you very much!

Hope the game is good!

Dman Steam not wanting my monies.

Dacvak

Posting for the top of the new page. =) Read the very bottom for new information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, GAF. Let's play a little game.

Because Dupy was so generous in gifting me Arma II, I've decided to clear out some of my gift inventory and pay his kindness forward.

I have 10 games I'm going to be giving away. These are the following games that will be given away:

Here's how the game will work. It's very simple. Every game is up for grabs, but you only have one entry. In your entry, you have to do two things in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to me.

First, you must specify which game you're going to be playing for. In other words, tell me which game you want. If you're looking for Half Life 2, that's the only game you can win. If four other people also put Half Life 2, then you'll be fighting against them to get that prize. (You ARE allowed to post in this thread which game you're going for, in hopes that others won't go for it.)

Secondly, you must write a haiku about the game you want. A haiku is a poem that has 5 syllables, 7 syllables, then 5 syllables. Like this:

Half Life Two Is Great.
Wouldn't it be nice to win?
Freeman is a babe.

At MIDNIGHT (est), the winners will be chosen by me. The most creative, funny, charming, heart-warming, etc will be chosen, so feel free to get as creative or poetic as you want! The winners' haikus will be posted when the winners are announced.

Once more, please PRIVATE MESSAGE your entry to me, instead of posting it in the thread (so we don't clog up the thread).

Any questions? GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one has entered for the following:
  • Bit.Trip BEAT
  • RUSH
  • Toki Tori
  • Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (which includes Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Jack Claw, and a preorder for Splot)

The other games all have multiple entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom