• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Ahh. I guess people were quicker to the call for the leftover games. Oh well, I still have the sense of satisfaction over what I made.

Everyone's being so nice giving games... I guess I'll do my part.

I have an unused Bastion code up for grabs. First one to make me laugh out loud wins it!

tumblr_m6tr5uWoLV1qcwgrq.png

I laughed at this longer than I should have.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just ragequitted from Max Payne 3. Damn it, why does EVERY modern game think it's a good idea to have a section where you'll die over 50 times, until you either: A) win by sheer luck, B) discover the one and only way the developers decided it should be played, or C) you quit the game and never come back? It even makes you never want to replay the game, just to avoid that part.

Miker

I'm seriously starting to regret passing up Gal Civ II last night. I just checked its sale history, and apparently of all the 8 months it's been on Steam, it's never been on sale at $5 until last night. Of all the times I have self control, it's for a game that's never on sale.

Shoot, mine was crappy anyway -

How could I express,
Long nights, joy, damage so far,
Return to Rapture.

Thanks again Dacvak! Awesome Haikus everyone.

Has anyone else had their anti-virus protection software detect Dead Island's exe file as malware? :S I just started it up for the first time after installing and Avast closed it and told me it was a suspicious file...?

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
I hope to hell Arma goes on sale for at least 50%. It's all I have left in my budget and it's all I really want. The game looks pretty damned sweet. Here's hoping! If not, im sure I can find something on the last day.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
yIocV.png

Half-Life 2: Episode One - Gen X
Gordon, Black Mesa
It wasn't your fault you know
D0g. Alyx. Unite

*sniff* I..... won?

Some good entries shown
and a great competiton
Three cheers for Dacvak!

*edit*
This was my favorite, made me laugh, plus I've been watching Sealab for the first time.

Bioshock 2 - tylerf
Check under the sea
Big Daddies roam the Sealab
Wait I mean Rapture

Ostinatto

which deus ex pack i should get?? im confused

Deus Ex: Human Revolution™
$7.49 USD

Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition
$9.99 USD

Deus Ex Collection
$14.99 USD

help gaf :)

OK well I don't want to derail Dacvak's Haiku game, maybe we should wait for mine? Dacvak what do you say?

Also RULES: I can only correct one of your mistakes, if you named more than one game that's not in the sketch, I will just say one that it isn't but also mention how many you have wrong, without saying which ones, except for one.

I find this to be more fair for everybody, otherwise it's helping one person too much.

Also you don't need to explain to me what is what, just listing the games is enough, ( I drew the damn thing, I know LOL) but if you feel like telling what item represents what game, it's totally cool.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Shoot, mine was crappy anyway -

How could I express,
Long nights, joy, damage so far,
Return to Rapture.

Thanks again Dacvak! Awesome Haikus everyone.

I really liked yours. I just happen to be a huge Sealab fan, and tylerf's made me laugh a whole lot. =P

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
For those having trouble with Driver:SF freezing

Apparently people on the Steam forums are saying that this is due to Ubi's server being overloaded, users are reporting that the game runs fine in offline mode or if you block the game by creating a firewall exception.

I'm going to try it now and I'll report back.

I pulled out my ethernet cable and low and behold the freezing goes away >_>. It's a shitty solution for a problem that really shouldn't even exist but it's a solution nonetheless.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
OK well I don't want to derail Dacvak's Haiku game, maybe we should wait for mine? Dacvak what do you say?

Also RULES: I can only correct one of your mistakes, if you named more than one game that's not in the sketch, I will just say one that it isn't but also mention how many you have wrong, without saying which ones, except for one.

I find this to be more fair for everybody, otherwise it's helping one person too much.

Also you don't need to explain to me what is what, just listing the games is enough, ( I drew the damn thing, I know LOL) but if you feel like telling what item represents what game, it's totally cool.

I'm finished up! Take it away. =)

I'm just waiting for the winners to send me a PM.

oipic

Your sketches are bloody great, Johnny Cage - seriously, really, really clever and beautifully done. That you then use said sketch to provide an entertaining challenge (and ultimately a gift to someone!) is truly special stuff.

Bless you, GAF. Great place to be.

I really liked yours. I just happen to be a huge Sealab fan, and tylerf's made me laugh a whole lot. =P

Thanks! :) I honestly don't know the franchise at all so couldn't get deep like that( well, heck never played Bioshock lol).
I literally looked at the steam page and made it LOL

I pulled out my ethernet cable and low and behold the freezing goes away >_>. It's a shitty solution for a problem that really shouldn't even exist but it's a solution nonetheless.
I was browsing the Steam forums for it and apparently there's an option within Uplay to play in offline mode after it's been activated once, so maybe that'll fix it.

HEY HEY YOU YOU I DONT LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
That song is catchy as fuck, so I was like "What!? NO!" when I first heard it. Guilty pleasure...

god dammit dragonlife and your inhability to do a barrel roll :p
Haha. That shit was hard! I was always too fast and went over. First time playing the game, btw. Played it for about 20 min. before playing with you guys. And I didn't realize I had to read at the bottom to see what to do :p

Sorry for the suckage, but it was fun!

Has anyone else had their anti-virus protection software detect Dead Island's exe file as malware? :S I just started it up for the first time after installing and Avast closed it and told me it was a suspicious file...?
Avast has been doing that to me for all my newly installed games since it upgraded versions.

Your sketches are bloody great, Johnny Cage - seriously, really, really clever and beautifully done. That you then use said sketch to provide an entertaining challenge (and ultimately a gift to someone!) is truly special stuff.

Bless you, GAF. Great place to be.

Totally agree. Very nice of you guys all the giveaways and stuff.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I was browsing the Steam forums for it and apparently there's an option within Uplay to play in offline mode after it's been activated once, so maybe that'll fix it.

I just created an outbound rule in Windows firewall that blocks Driver.exe from reaching the Ubisoft server. You still microstutters because the code is still trying to connect but it's better the full on 2-5 second freezes from before.

And yea I'll try offline mode too thanks.

Whats included in Deus Ex Augmented Edition?

Augmented Edition
Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
E3 Trailer and animated storyboard

We're still playing Burnout Paradise. A nice turnout tonight....

burnoutparadise2012-01wd73.png

burnoutparadise2012-09nf6p.png

ooo GAF multilayer burnout

Alex

get plain human rev and missing link later if you like it.

this wont be a popular thing to say but i think the original game is just too dated for me, now. and yeah... lets keep IW in that drawer with dmc2, disciples 3, suikoden 4, etc.

Mikor

I'm seriously starting to regret passing up Gal Civ II last night. I just checked its sale history, and apparently of all the 8 months it's been on Steam, it's never been on sale at $5 until last night. Of all the times I have self control, it's for a game that's never on sale.

I know that feel, my one letter differentiated doppleganger. I too am kicking myself for the very same reason.

hitmon

Augmented Edition
Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
E3 Trailer and animated storyboard

Thank you. I just realized all that info was on the page (didn't scroll down)... I was clicking on the box that had it listed and thought it would take me to another page with info. So thanks again for helping a Steam noob..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom