• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics whores: have you been able to get past Vampire's visuals and get just as immersed as everyone else? That's my only concern, it just feels like it'll be one of those old games i get from a steam sale for a few bucks and play for 20 mins but maybe not, i need assurance.

Katoki

Oh man. Tempted to buy Burnout Paradise. It was great for what it was worth on the PS3 but I don't know enough people to play it with here and that's probably what I'd re-buy it for now.

Graphics whores: have you been able to get past Vampire's visuals and get just as immersed as everyone else? That's my only concern, it just feels like it'll be one of those old games i get from a steam sale for a few bucks and play for 20 mins but maybe not, i need assurance.

It isn't THAT dated.

Yet.

I haven't played it since around when it was released but as much as I can't stand early 3D I could still play this just fine and lose myself in the world.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Well I won't say what will make me laugh, but you could do a quick sketch of something that could make me laugh.

For the new page: Bastion is still up for grabs! First one to make me laugh out loud wins it!

txvRB.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Alright, here's hint number 2

There are exactly 14 games referenced in that sketch. Can you find them all?

The games are from all over the place and from many different genres.

Haha, this is awesome. I have about... eight of them.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I have yet to buy a single game in the Steam sale. There are so many games I have been curious about and on the fence about, but still not purchases.

What's wrong with me GAF?

Zia

Arma II is currently the number two "Top Seller(s)" and it hasn't even received a Deal deal.

... it'll go on sale, right? It has to?

Not at all, apparently.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Back from dinner and I just realized that Plants vs. Zombies is only on sale for another 20 minutes. I'm a big Popcap fan so if 5 people want a copy I'll gift it. PM me your email address.

Jak140

I know it's not exactly a hot commodity, but I've got an extra copy of the puzzle game Eets
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6100/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

that I will give to the first person that can solve this code:

K QDKA XDKANPB K IWAIJD RDGSAK ASGD K ELJSIOSPD IJKLNPB MDQAK. XODP ZOD MDQAK GNDG, ZOD QDKA OKG ZS QWL K QWF HKAG.

Edit: The winner was toddhunter.

The answer was:
A BEAR WEARING A PURPLE FEDORA RODE A XYLOPHONE PLAYING ZEBRA. WHEN THE ZEBRA DIED, THE BEAR HAD TO BUY A BUS CARD.

Dupy

And quick advice needed. I didn't play Fallout 3 but I'm curious about New Vegas. Is it worth playing if I haven't even started F3?

Petrie

Banned
Back from dinner and I just realized that Plants vs. Zombies is only on sale for another 20 minutes. I'm a big Popcap fan so if 5 people want a copy I'll gift it. PM me your email address.

Dupy is just giving everything away tonight huh? I've actually never played it, but you hooked me up already, so no need to be greedy here.

Dupy is awesome though. Kudos man.

And quick advice needed. I didn't play Fallout 3 but I'm curious about New Vegas. Is it worth playing if I haven't even started F3?

Yes. I actually think it's better in just about every way. If you're going to play one, make it NV.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

The stories are not connected at all if that's what you're concerned about. They're both great games and you really can't go wrong with either one.

Yes, definitely. I'd say you can skip 3 altogether. They're unrelated stories, and I think New Vegas just does the whole formula a lot better.

Dupy

Dupy is just giving everything away tonight huh? I've actually never played it, but you hooked me up already, so no need to be greedy here.

Dude I tried to gift it to you but it says you already own it. Steam strikes again:)

Katoki

My question is if New Vegas is EASIER to mod. I know that FO3 requires you to have to manually pull files out and then delete ones you don't want and to re-compress it so you can add it to the Mod Manager.

I'm totally spoiled by the Nexus Mod Manager + Skyrim. Download with manager, activate mod, hope it doesn't crash the game and go on with life. FO3 takes work and I'm still figuring out whats compatible with what through those compatibility mods.

Petrie

Banned
Dude I tried to gift it to you but it says you already own it. Steam strikes again:)

See! Steam hates me so much tonight!

It also borked and somehow put a copy of Risen in my Steam profile, and one in my inventory. No idea if it's redeemable, but it's sitting there currently.

Steam. What. the. fuck?

Giard

"New" flash deals: Oblivion and Bulletstorm.

Posting for new page:
No one has managed to make me laugh out loud yet, first one who does gets a Bastion code!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom