• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Alright GAF, here is the question I put before you:

Risen? Vampire: The Masquerade? Or both?

That's easy, Vampire : The Masquerade. I've heard people say that Risen is somewhat buggy and I think you can even pick it up for free at GamersGate.

My question is if New Vegas is EASIER to mod. I know that FO3 requires you to have to manually pull files out and then delete ones you don't want and to re-compress it so you can add it to the Mod Manager.

I'm totally spoiled by the Nexus Mod Manager + Skyrim. Download with manager, activate mod, hope it doesn't crash the game and go on with life. FO3 takes work and I'm still figuring out whats compatible with what through those compatibility mods.

I recently played FO3 and modded it via the Nexus Mod Manager and from my experience, it works exactly the same way as it does with NV and Skyrim.

I didn't so any of those insane conversion mods but I didn't install only skins either.

bonesquad

Last minute panic sets in...anything I need to grab from yesterday's deals. Hmm. I already have Amnesia, PvZ, Fallout, and Alan Wake. After everything Krater still temps me. It's a great idea, but everything says it's poorly executed. Must wait...

BadAss2961

Graphics whores: have you been able to get past Vampire's visuals and get just as immersed as everyone else? That's my only concern, it just feels like it'll be one of those old games i get from a steam sale for a few bucks and play for 20 mins but maybe not, i need assurance.
Bloodlines looks fine. Graphics won't be a problem.

The only thing that might be too dated are its combat mechanics. Most seemed to hate the combat, but I enjoyed most of it until the game went nuts with it in late parts.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
kindergartencop-6_288x288.jpg

It might be a tumor
Could be!

You are strong-willed or you have all the games you want?
Nah, I buy games that I don't play more often than I should. There are games I legitimately want, but I haven't picked up. I was interested in Gothic II, Risen, and GalCiv II. Passed up on all of them so far.

So, would Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, be a rite of passage for a Gaf user?

It was the Moby Dick of sales until it dropped by 33% last summer sale.

Thinking the planets had aligned many of us jumped on it. Two weeks later it was $5

It's a piece of Steam GAF history

It was the Moby Dick of sales until it dropped by 33% last summer sale.

Thinking the planets had aligned many of us jumped on it. Two weeks later it was $5

It's a piece of Steam GAF history

I remember lurking on the forums and reading the prayers of Gaffers last year, it was fairly entertaining.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played both Oblivion and Skyrim but never actually got around to Morrowind. Does it hold up well GAF?

I recommend Bulletstrom. Fun FPS even if you aren't a big fan of them. The score attack-like gameplay is satisfying and fun. Discovering new methods to kill someone and getting points in colorful text... there's really nothing else like it.

Also, it's extremely vulgar in language, which adds to the charm. It's a goofy game.

Gaspode_T

Oblivion is pretty different feel of a game than Skyrim, there is a bigger sense of urgency to the main plot line after you start triggering the portals and there is way more dremora/demon stuff. I liked both games. Oblivion scales monsters up but you can outsmart it or just outgrind it. Honestly though unless you are an Elders scroll fan then there might be other things to play (like Witcher 2 or Risen...)

Katoki

I recently played FO3 and modded it via the Nexus Mod Manager and from my experience, it works exactly the same way as it does with NV and Skyrim.

I didn't so any of those insane conversion mods but I didn't install only skins either.

I know there's this one mod which requires you to choose the files you want for the version you want and then repack it so NMM takes it. Also, there are so many compatibility issues between thing's is sort of a headache to sort through them. I need to find me the ultimate compatible all-in-one overhaul pack or something. Guess I'll try again tonight.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Wonder how well Bulletstorm would run on an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.0 Ghz.
Fine.... I'll cave and purchase Bloodlines. I have no idea what I'm getting into.
If you like RPGs at all, you won't regret it.

hitmon

For Oblivion, is Buy The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe the one to buy? The extra DLC any good?

I didn't enjoy Oblivion on the 360 the first couple times i tried it, but I loved Skyrim. Anybody give Oblivion a second/third chance and end up loving it? Maybe mods improved experience?

Katoki

Homg Oblivion. Don't care for the portals though, wrecked the entire surrounding area with red and orange.

Definitely rebuying. It was really nice in itself on the PS3 GotY but now I can higher.

Tess3ract

Banned
Bulletstorm is good if you want a good script and interesting weapons but the combat is kind of meh and the mechanics are bad.

PRESS SPACE TO JUMP ANIMATION OVER OBSTACLE

I just had this thought. With Steam, it is likely we will own these games for the rest of our lives.

THE REST OF OUR LIVES.

Endless entertainment, nostalgia and aesthetic pleasure FOREVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom