• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of Dupy's kindness and the overall good vibes of this thread, I'd like to pay it forward. The first five people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of the PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

Yes please. :)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Steam won't let me pause my download. If I close Steam will I lose the progress of my download? My internet is pretty slow in my room and I've already downloaded 4GBs of a game so I don't want to lose it.

Drillow

In light of Dupy's kindness and the overall good vibes of this thread, I'd like to pay it forward. The first five people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of the PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

:3

Steam won't let me pause my download. If I close Steam will I lose the progress of my download? My internet is pretty slow in my room and I've already downloaded 4GBs of a game so I don't want to lose it.

You won't lose progress of your download, the progress stays. :)

I know this as I had an absolutely terrible internet connection back when I started using Steam five years ago.

Me?

I've been wondering if EDF: Insect Armageddon is worth getting for co-op play. Anyone? IIRC it hasn't been a daily dail, flash, or community yet (if it will even be in the next couple days).

Thanks anyway, Koroviev. These contests keep me checking this thread when I should be playing games I've purchased. ;)

Does anyone want Frozen Synapse? I was desperately after Galactic Civilizations 2 or Stalker: Call of Pripyat, but I've had no takers, so if anyone has anything to offer...

I'm also really enjoying Dead Island. I can see why it might not have rated highly, but it's a lot of fun playing with a friend or friends. Definitely worth the Steam sale price.

Sephon

Since there's a lot of charity in this thread which seems fun, I'll also jump in and play with y'all.

The first one that can name the game that I'm thinking of, and give me your steam username, I'll gift away Borderlands to (you need this game btw!)

Hint: Guile(s) goes to mars

Koroviev

I just realized Cisce is the only one who isn't a Junior Member. Hmmmm....... lol

I know, I realized that while I was scrutinizing the avatars, lol. Member status wasn't a deciding factor, though. To be honest, someone with a Yuno avatar would have taken the prize without question, although I was open to non-anime avatars.

Since there's a lot of charity in this thread which seems fun, I'll also jump in and play with y'all.

The first one that can name the game that I'm thinking of, and give me your steam username, I'll gift away Borderlands to (you need this game btw!)

Red Faction: Guerrilla

parski

I'm currently not home and I'm having troubles buying F.E.A.R. and Vampire Bloodlines. I get the error:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I am on my iPad and I've tried my Visa, Mastercard and PayPal in the Steam Mobile app and via Chrome. I even tried creating a new Steam account to gift myself the games only the get the same error. I had the same error last evening so I contacted support. They have yet to respond.

Anybody know what to do? Could somebody perhaps gift them to me so I can pay them back via PayPal?

MNC

Awesome, Vampire.

Short review: the game puts the genre to very good use and it has some great dialogue and characters. It really is a very original deus ex-esque game. Like deus ex 1, the combat is pretty bad if you play it anything but stealth, but the branching paths, skilltree, characters and atmosphere totally are worth it at this price. Not to mention the different vampire classes that áctually make a difference.

Anyone on the fence: buy it and enjoy the originality. Be sure to install the popular community patch though (forgot its nane)

wilflare

:( really wanted this

I'm over with this sale, I bought 5 games:

Both Ys games
Walking Dead
Deus Ex: HR
Legend of Grimrock

I'm pretty happy with this sale, I have Rayman for PS3 and it's amazing, so i voted for it.

Arma II's been in the top 5 all day. I really hope it goes on sale now. Not for me personally, since I'm still not ready to go back to shooters, but for the lulz.

Retne

Arma II's been in the top 5 all day. I really hope it goes on sale now. Not for me personally, since I'm still not ready to go back to shooters, but for the lulz.

Either a bunch of people would be bummed and shout about it or everyone who's buying it wouldn't notice because they don't pay attention to steam sales anyways.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

No idea.

EVE online ?

Toki767

How many guesses do we get? lol

My new guess would be Armored Core 2. But I wonder if the whole game is on Mars or just one section.

Mm, the only other Mars related game I can think of is, Chaser. The PC FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom