• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It just fills in the gap of time Jensen goes dark for about 2/3rds of the way through the game. It also might have some hooks for the sequel, but I'm not all that sure about that.

Didn't the main game explain it as him being in stasis already and just being transported?

I dunno, whatever. Really enjoyed this side story anyway. The gameplay is still so much fun.

Salsa

Is Bloodlines on sale frequently? I'm trying to figure out if I should get it while it is cheap or wait for a later deal

nope. It was once the great white whale of steam sales, the game everyone wanted but NEVER got on sale. Since last year it started to appear occasionally, but still, get it now

Man, Crusader Kings II. Pretty confident I'll lead the Starks to an even worse fate. Have no idea what I'm doing and based on the first hour it looks like I'll have to do things constantly. Gave a vassal who disliked me to another guy who dislikes me and wants to replace my brother as the heir to the lordship, to make him less of an envious ass. Was that a good thing? I don't know. Probably not. He's puny though, I shall squash him if he gets any ideas.

You probably should've bought Crusader Kings II.
You should definitely buy Vampire Bloodlines.
Bulletstorm also ought to be worth it at that price.

MNC

Is Bloodlines on sale frequently? I'm trying to figure out if I should get it while it is cheap or wait for a later deal

It will not become cheaper than this. It's been 20 dollars for years, and 75% is pretty much all you're gonna get. It was this same price a year ago. Also, there was a period it didn't go on sale AT ALL, then all of a sudden it got a sale I think last winter sale. By then they learned of the demand for Vampires, and I think it goes on sale semi-frequently. At least once every big sale. But if you have not too many games in the backlog, I say pick it up.

Danielsan

g500, heard it's similar. Was also looking at the g5 but that's just butt ugly

I wanted another 518 at first but for the life of me I cant find one
Thanks. I have it bookmarked for the near future. All that's left for my upgrade into the PC realm are a new mouse and keyboard. Though I might be able to get a mx510 that's still in decent shape from a friend for free.

edit: Can't believe I initially wrote"left for" as "left 4". My mind has become too accustomed to writing Left 4 Dead.

TheChits

Thanks for the answers guys. Downloading it now
3AQmK.gif

Koroviev

nope. It was once the great white whale of steam sales, the game everyone wanted but NEVER got on sale. Since last year it started to appear occasionally, but still, get it now

I love this term, lol.

Edit: When I look at the screenshots for Bloodlines, I am strongly reminded of the Twilight series. It's sad :(

Kinda regret the purchase of Saints Row 3. Played it for almost three hours now, and although it really isn´t bad, it isn´t particulary good at anything either. I almost hated GTAIV at the end, but Saint´s Row 3 makes me appriciate that game much more.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kinda regret the purchase of Saints Row 3. Played it for almost three hours now, and although it really isn´t bad, it isn´t particulary good at anything either. I almost hated GTAIV at the end, but Saint´s Row 3 makes me appriciate that game much more.
What makes or breaks SR3 is its humor. If you don't like it 3 hours in, you're probably not gonna like it later. It's a game that depends a lot on how you approach it, too.

Salsa

there's been a joke going around that includes gifting this game and said person being gifted getting all the achievements for it. Ive seen posts from like 20 different people on reddit who maxed out the cheevos and played for like 20 hours possibly to counter those joke-gifting

I'm so tempted to get F3AR - it's 5 € and coop. Problem is my friends say it's shit and has shit gunplay. The question is wether I can live with that. After all I did complete both Extraction Point and the most forgettable game ever, Perseus Mandate.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
What makes or breaks SR3 is its humor. If you don't like it 3 hours in, you're probably not gonna like it later. It's a game that depends a lot on how you approach it, too.
I think the mechanics are great. Shooting and driving are actually fun, which is rare in an open world game. The only knock I have against it is that it doesn't run well on certain setups. Mostly AMD.

Some details are funny, but the gun fights and the vehicle handling are pretty terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it very juvenile?
Yes, but it's also very self-aware and crazy in a way that's genuinely funny. It's humor, not just farts and dicks, though there's some of both. It's a game in which you have a pimp in your crew that speaks in autotune, your rival gangs create armies of clones and sometimes you can decide where you want delivered a "shipment" of hookers.

Gala

Good morning summer sale GAF!

Should I get Bulletstorm? Is the campaign good? How long is it?

Also: Still no Transformers: War for Cybertron sale. I bet it comes today with Arma II...

combat sucks

but hey, so does The Witcher 1's

W1 isn't as bad as Bloodlines. Bloodlines is terrible. Not even that, it is just god awful

Also: Still no Transformers: War for Cybertron sale. I bet it comes today with Arma II...

Yes, get it. I have it for xbox and it is still one of the most awesome games in my collection

rakhir

Guys, is Borderlands just a single player mmo with guns? I'm really tempted by the sale, but i don't know if i'm not gonna be bored by it...

Yes, get it. The campaign will take you 6-10 hours. It's a blast.

Kabouter

Yes, Bulletstorm's campaign is great fun. Took me about six hours to complete on weaksauce difficulty. Kicking enemies into stuff is the best, and the weapons in the game are great.

Any recommended mods for Morrowind?

I'm not up to date on what the latest or best mods to use are but try

Here and

Here

Edit:
It's a long and time consuming process to make sure you patch and install the mods in the correct order but the final game really does look stunning, however I have also had a lot of fun playing it vanilla it just looks really dated with poor draw distance and sparse vegetation.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's pretty good but it's short. Probably about 8 hours long, if not less. It has some great moments and vistas and it can get pretty ridiculously funny at times. Again, like SR3, you gotta love its kind of humor, but what it does it does in style. No DNF shit here. It's also got some very satisfying dashing mechanics (not Vanquish-like godly, but close),

Guys, is Borderlands just a single player mmo with guns? I'm really tempted by the sale, but i don't know if i'm not gonna be bored by it...
In single player it's very very boring. In coop, it's a better but yeah, it's boring too. Shooting was simply not enough fun in Borderlands for me to recommend it.

Danielsan

It's a lot of fun if you play it co-op with a friend and you enjoy loot. The mission's themselves can be repetitive and boring.

Salsa

Witcher 1 -- prerequisite for Witcher 2?

I would say not really. The savefile carries over and some stuff changes depending on your actions on the first game, but truth is that if you're already looking at TW2 playing the first one will probably feel like a chore that you're trying to get out the way, Witcher 2 is a way better game.

I can't see how that is a bad thing for this game.

why? game would be even better if the combat was better

Tess3ract

Banned
Did they piss on the floor b/c they were afraid to miss a flash sale

No they had taken the top of the trashcan off and just threw shit on top. we had flies and the trashcan stunk and was gross, so I wrapped up the bag and took the can outside looking for an outside faucet, couldn't find one, went to go in the basement and slipped on the stairs because my shoes were wet.

Last time I tried cleaning up I stepped on a piece of glass the other day (either from them or the porch above ours) and I think a little piece is still in my foot because it's sensitive where the glass was...
Are you okay? :(
above my ankle is scratched but im okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom