• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by how much fun Burnout Paradise is. A shame that you can't get the DLC island, though. :( I'm pretty sure I got BP for free on my PS3 (thanks to PS+), but it seems I cannot force myself to go back to an inferior version of the game...

Jaxter09

So is Vampire actually good? Or was it just the white whale that people wanted for so long (and now it's not so much, as this is something like the 3rd time it's gone on sale).

If it helps, I enjoyed Buffy and Angel a lot.
One of the best RPGs ever, worth it just for dialog and voice acting

MooMoo

Ok my numbers are on the left, winners and their guesses right after:
22 - GundamBanshee (22)
18 - Koroviev (19)
44 - MooMoo (42)
38 - Wok (38)
9 - Popstar (8)

Congrats! PM me your email addressees.
Aww yeah. Thanks again man! :D You, along with GAF, are so generous.

Popstar

Ok my numbers are on the left, winners and their guesses right after:
22 - GundamBanshee (22)
18 - Koroviev (19)
44 - MooMoo (42)
38 - Wok (38)
9 - Popstar (8)

Congrats! PM me your email addressees.
Received my gift from the generous Dupy!

Thank you!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Driver:SF is one of the worst gaming experiences I've had on PC. Even when in offline mode, my game stutters like crazy every few seconds. Also, even with D3D Overrider enabled it has some of the worst input lag I've run across.

zendavis

Banned
Driver:SF is one of the worst gaming experiences I've had on PC. Even when in offline mode, my game stutters like crazy every few seconds. Also, even with D3D Overrider enabled it has some of the worst input lag I've run across.

Must be a problem with your system. I had no problems with it.

LobLob

Banned
I must say, i have been happy with what i bought this sale, i think all of the games are quality and something i will definitely play and not just backlog the stuff.

Games i bought:

Saints Row the Third W/ DLC: Shark attack pack & Speical ops pack
Batman: Arkham City
Dead Rising 2: OTR
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Driver: SF
Hard Reset: EE
Trine 2
Hydrophobia
Terraria
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Toy Soldiers
PixelJunk Eden
Bastion
Tiny&Big: Grandpa's leftovers
DLC: DNF: The docotor who cloned me

All in all 77 bucks spent, more then i wanted to spend but again i think i got all quality games and with that I AM DONE WITH THIS SALE!!

Very kind of you to offer but I'm getting sleepy so I'll do something easy.

I've picked 5 numbers between 1 and 50. I'll take guesses for the next 15 minutes. The 5 people closest to the numbers get a copy of Borderlands. If two people guess the same number the first one to post will get it so make sure you guessed it first. Only one guess per person.

Go for it.
Edit: to late oh well.. Ill just wait for borderlands 2 its gonna be better, ihope.

steadfast

Has Payday :the heist seen its sale yet? If so, when is the best time to buy it(ie will it have a flashsale)

It's been up at least twice. Keep an eye out on the last day wrapup...there are also some folks that may have stashed a few copies in their gift collection that you could work something out with.

jarosh

Does anyone have opinions on Tobes Vertical Adventure? It looks kinda neat.

I wrote this:

Here's a quick recommendation for one of those "hidden" cheap and lesser known games:

Tobe's Vertical Adventure

TobeVA_now%20available.PNG

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105700/

A fun and irresistably cute (seriously, the pixel art is just gosh darn adorable) little treasure hunting platformer with a neat premise and some pretty damn clever level design. You descend down a cave while collecting various treasure in the form of coins and little treasure chests and you'll be rescuing tiny pixel animals as well. Once you reach the bottom of the cave a big chest will be waiting for you. Unlock it and the cave starts to crumble. Now you need to be quick and escape the cave before the timer runs out. With everything falling apart, some blocks and walls have now disappeared, changing the level design ever so slightly and opening up shortcuts and new paths to previously unreachable treasure. So even on the way back up you will have to keep an eye out for collectibles. But thankfully you can plan for this during your descent.

It's a cool idea that works surprisingly well. It strikes a great balance between careful exploration and frantic platforming. It's fun to explore each cave first and find all or most of the collectibles without being pressured by a timer, and then finally having to speed-run the hell out of there once you've reached the very bottom.

Collected treasure and rescued animals unlock health, extra lives and gadget upgrades (the latter are rarely used to begin with). The game has two separate story modes for the two main characters plus a co-op mode. It also has native controller support.

I have only played up to the last world of Tobe's campaign so far. It doesn't seem to be a very long game, that's for sure. I suspect you can play through both stories in about 3 to 4 hours total. No complaints here though, especially at the current price point. I'm not sure if the co-op mode is an entirely separate campaign.

The game's two major flaws are the somewhat stubborn and difficult to master controls and the all too frequent physics and collision glitches. The good news is that you'll eventually at least get used to the former.

Summer Sale Price:

Europe: 1,12€
US: $1.24

swdgR.png
TyDs1.png

Although the bit about two different campaigns is not really accurate. The game advertises two different "stories", but the levels are the same, just two different characters with some different controls and abilities. So, it's a short game, you'll 100% it in under 3 hours. If you wanna get all the achievements you need to play both characters' stories though and beat some time trials. That will probably add another 2 hours. Still, I think it's totally worth it at the current price tag.

tylerf

I wrote this:
Although the bit about two different campaigns is not really accurate. The game advertises two different "stories", but the levels are the same, just two different characters with some different controls and abilities. So, it's a short game, you'll 100% it in under 3 hours. If you wanna get all the achievements you need to play both characters' stories though and beat some time trials. That will probably add another 2 hours. Still, I think it's totally worth it at the current price tag.

Thanks for the info :)

Nert

I've already put over 15 hours into The Binding of Isaac
just got my second Mom kill!
, and that's just the beginning of the giant pile of games I picked up. Good times are ahead :D

Herb

Banned
Did Steam recently add the ability to keep downloading while playing? It may have been in a while, I just never noticed.

Danneee

Damage so far:
Sins of a solar empire trinity
Stalker cop
Far cry 2
Fallout Nv
Deus ex hr
Risen
Space marine
Darkness 2
CoH opposing fronts

Now I'm pretty much just just waiting for settlers 6 and red alert 3. Or maybe shogun 2.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Sweet, got Driver to run well and w/out input lag. But those freezes every few seconds...I know it's a U-Play thing. It happens both in online and offline mode.

Eusis

I tried to download Fallout NV while playing Dead Island and it didn't work.
If they added it I imagine it could be a game-by-game thing. IE single player games let it keep going because, really, why does your bandwidth need to be locked down during Half Life or Ys?

Herb

Banned
If they added it I imagine it could be a game-by-game thing. IE single player games let it keep going because, really, why does your bandwidth need to be locked down during Half Life or Ys?

I was playing Hot Pursuit multiplayer. I have decent internet though.

Koroviev

In light of Dupy's kindness and the overall good vibes of this thread, I'd like to pay it forward. The first five people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of the PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

I tried to download Fallout NV while playing Dead Island and it didn't work.

Worked completely fine while I was playing Alan Wake's 'The Writer' Episode while downloading Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

Just curious, does the Sale end on the 22nd or is the final day with the recap of the sales on the 23rd?

In light of Dupy's kindness and the overall good vibes of this thread, I'd like to pay it forward. The first five people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of the PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

:D

;D

Yes please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom