• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have DiRT Showdown and a beta code for CS: GO, anyone wants to trade for Borderlands or the Witcher? (accepting offers)

I'm happy to finally be over with this sale, unless Arma II is suddenly like 10 bucks (which won't happen)

rakhir

It's a lot of fun if you play it co-op with a friend and you enjoy loot. The mission's themselves can be repetitive and boring.
There's no chance any of my friends will buy it, unfortunately. Should i forget about it then?

(I wish more games would have demos...)

zkylon

zkylewd
Witcher 1 -- prerequisite for Witcher 2?
Nope, but it's a good game in its own right and it feels awesome when you meet Dandelion and the gang again.

No they had taken the top of the trashcan off and just threw shit on top. we had flies and the trashcan stunk and was gross, so I wrapped up the bag and took the can outside looking for an outside faucet, couldn't find one, went to go in the basement and slipped on the stairs because my shoes were wet.

Last time I tried cleaning up I stepped on a piece of glass the other day (either from them or the porch above ours) and I think a little piece is still in my foot because it's sensitive where the glass was...

above my ankle is scratched but im okay
Your home is a dangerous place

unrelated to the thread but I slipped and fell down the stairs after trying to clean up after my roommates :(

Go see a doctor! That's how that works here right? I'm sorry that isn't funny. You doing okay?

I played Witcher 2 before one and despite some blank spots, which honestly I'm not sure have more to do with missing the first game or never having read the books, it all made sense. Often times if you are confused so is Geralt the guy has a bad case of amnesia.

I would say not really. The savefile carries over and some stuff changes depending on your actions on the first game, but truth is that if you're already looking at TW2 playing the first one will probably feel like a chore that you're trying to get out the way, Witcher 2 is a way better game.

why? game would be even better if the combat was better

Thank god that The Witcher 2 is standalone. I've restarted The Witcher so many times after re-installs and attempts to play it again that I really don't want to have to finish the game to play 2.

Don't get me wrong, The Witcher 1 is a great game: The combat is just unfortunately mediocre and it really brings down the game at several points.

LobLob

Banned
Kinda regret the purchase of Saints Row 3. Played it for almost three hours now, and although it really isn´t bad, it isn´t particulary good at anything either. I almost hated GTAIV at the end, but Saint´s Row 3 makes me appriciate that game much more.

I understand that everyone has different opinions on what makes something fun or whatever but come on, GTAIV was thee most boring thing ever. SR3 puts GTAIV to shame in just about every way. I just literally spent 30+ minutes in my saints tank blowing the shit out of anything in my path, i cannot say the same for GTAIV. Oh hey i can go bowling in GTA, woooo!!

Saints Row 3 er GREAT in co-op. Where GTA4 has taken the serious route, SR3 is sort of a spiritual successor to GTA1 where carnage reigns. It's a sandbox designed around creating chaos and it's absolutely hilarious. It doesn't even matter if you like the humor or not - the game is solid regardless.

Borderlands - it's the most boring thing playing in SP. If you get Borderlands, you need someone to play with or the shitty gunplay and non-story will put you to sleep. If you do have someone to play with, it's good fun, really.

Darktails

Guys, is Borderlands just a single player mmo with guns? I'm really tempted by the sale, but i don't know if i'm not gonna be bored by it...

From what I have heard it seems like the game is most fun when played cooperatively with three other players. I too would be interested in buying it but I'm not sure how active the community is nowadays given that the sequel is coming out in September this year.

Gaspode_T

I kind of want to play Witcher 2 on sofa for ultimate in adult RPG experience. (Wut)

...er, but seriously, I picked up Witcher 1, but there is rumored to be a Witcher 1 uber-remake for consoles coming...

Danielsan

There's no chance any of my friends will buy it, unfortunately. Should i forget about it then?

(I wish more games would have demos...)
That's a shame. I really don't know whether or you should forget about it. It's entirely up to your tastes. I personally went through the entire game twice. Once in co-op and once with a different character strictly single player. I thoroughly enjoyed both play throughs, but co-op was by far the better experience. The single player content is mostly just a series of fetch and kill quests strung together by a little bit of story. If you're looking for a good story, fantastic scripted set pieces or amazing gun play, then you should look further. If you like character progression and a ton of loot, then it's definitely worth a shot at 5 bucks.

Godammn, bough Burnout Paradise last night and when I tried to play it this morning I got the 'Failed to contact key server' error. Hopefully they'll restock soon!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Rlan

I'll ask again because this goes so fast: Two issue games from Steam at the moment -- Cave Story + Crashes on load for me, and PixelJunk Eden claims to require OpenGL 2.1. Anyone else had this problem?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Driver:SF is one of the worst gaming experiences I've had on PC. Even when in offline mode, my game stutters like crazy every few seconds. Also, even with D3D Overrider enabled it has some of the worst input lag I've run across.

Agreed, I'm pretty pissed off at the moment. Their shit DRM is causing the game to hang for a few seconds every minute or so. Learned about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6egdDBAgQZY

Trying to figure out an easy way to shut this shit off that doesn't involve yanking out my internet cable. Get a fucking clue Ubisoft.

On the subject of The Witcher 2: I really hope that it's coming back on sale either today or tomorrow.

I wanted to buy it but ended up changing my mind thinking I'd have to beat TW1 beforehand. Now I'm completely regretting it after finding out that it's standalone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish CDPR incorporated the sex cards into The Witcher 2 with the Enhanced Edition. Collecting them in the original was a game in itself.

Sadist

So is today the last day for new daily dails? Or will Steam post new deals on Sunday?

Bought Deus Ex HR btw. Finally caved.

Buy Vampires people, Im going right now on my first playthrough (35 hours) and its awesome.
It has various problems (combat, some bugs even with the unofficial patch, some horrible character models that I dont know why the mod scene hasnt change yet, and nearly all the graphical mods are a complete piece of shit, could have more interaction with some important characters like the sisters, VV, heather... that other RPG do better, and there is a horrible and really long part at the middle of the game, the sewers, that has atrocious level design) but characters, plot and quests are amazing, some of the best any RPG has.

Would love a remake, second part (not likely), or totally overhaul mod (graphically and design wise, could be more likely to happen) that fixes all its problems.

Katoki

Ah crap. Thought today would be the last day I'd have to keep checking. I did however find out I had money on my GameStop account and put $20 of it to a Steam card so I feel safer about the recap day now.

Im gutted that I missed the unreal pack deal. Anyone think it'll come back on offer before the end of the sales? I know there was a vote for it again, yesterday but obviously borderlands won.. (which I'm not complaining about! lol)

Shahadan

Forget about 1. Not necessary at all, even if it's a great game. But the atrocious load times and constant backtracking coupled with the length of the game will probably make you stop before the end anyway.

Witcher 2 is smoother and shorter.

In the end, people should play the first if that game appeals to them, but forget about it if the only reason they want to play it is because Witcher 2 appeals to them.
Otherwise you may end up never touching Witcher 2 which would be like the saddest thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom