• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just woke up and I've got two things to say.

1: Wow, did Borderlands seriously win against MW3?! How close was it?

2: Thank you SO much Credo for the second gift, I really, really appreciate it!

uOCwf.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Which goes back to my point: It's extremely rare for games to do that anyway. Not without some method of catching people up at the beginning.

Yeah, but I wasn't addressing the latter half of your post per se, just answering your first question of what he meant by "standalone".

Trying another time, someone must have played this right?

Civilization IV Multiplayer is seriously some of the most fun that I've ever had on LAN with my brothers along with Age of Mythology

Sadly, I can't say anything about V's multiplayer but I heard it's worse than IVs but has been improved with the expansion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Voted for Rayman Origins!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Lucky bugger. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that too.
One good turn deserves another. Since you were the only one who gave me advice, I'd be happy to gift you this. PM me your e-mail address or profile if interested.

Yoshichan

Does anyone know the result of the last poll? How much did Borderlands win over MW3 with?

Toppot

I need Orc's Must Die to go for 75% off again, once it does then that is everything I want bought. Then I can look at how much I have spent and cry =[

Civilization IV Multiplayer is seriously some of the most fun that I've ever had on LAN with my brothers along with Age of Mythology

Sadly, I can't say anything about V's multiplayer but I heard it's worse than IVs but has been improved with the expansion.

The Gods & Kings expansion? Because that one is still expansive.

The Gods & Kings expansion? Because that one is still expansive.

Yep! I've heard that the balancing and improvements are a step in the right direction with the multiplayer.

What the fuck Driver San Francisco. I want my money back.
I would recommend contacting Steam Support. They're extremely nice and I imagine it'd actually be possible for you to get a refund from Valve themselves considering that the product isn't working despite being advertised as working on computers similar or worse to yours (Assuming it's a problem with the terrible DRM and or the stuttering)

Tess3ract

Banned
I want to do a little mini contest but I'm not clever enough being as tired as I am. First person to make me laugh gets a copy of Breath of Death 7!

la_briola

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition

vs

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe

Opinions?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition

vs

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe

Opinions?

As I told someone else a few days ago, I think the Deluxe is a waste. You get more DLC but it's early DLC and it wasn't good stuff. It was created back when Horse Armor was introduced to the world.

The best DLC is with the $5 GotY edition. But for an extra buck and some change, if you MUST own all the small DLC too I guess it's not bad. But I went with the $5 one because I'd never play that other stuff.

Fusebox

Banned
Thank you Steam sale... for reminding me why I fucking hate PC gaming.

GTAIV won't load, it freezes at the ToS screen and Crysis crashes when I try to auto-optimise the graphics settings.

I don't want to screw around fixing them, I just want to play games ffs.

la_briola

As I told someone else a few days ago, I think the Deluxe is a waste. You get more DLC but it's early DLC and it wasn't good stuff. It was created back when Horse Armor was introduced to the world.

The best DLC is with the $5 GotY edition. But for an extra buck and some change, if you MUST own all the small DLC too I guess it's not bad. But I went with the $5 one because I'd never play that other stuff.

Thanks! Gonna buy the normal GOTY!

I hope you guys and girls buy Bulletstorm.

Bought, and I don't mind that I paid the Australian exclusive price of $7.49 because I trust in what I've read here of it being good fun. I'll probably install this once I'm done with Hard Reset (and the new dlc we all got, I love developers that reward customers).

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Thank you Steam sale... for reminding me why I fucking hate PC gaming.

GTAIV won't load, it freezes at the ToS screen and Crysis crashes when I try to auto-optimise the graphics settings.

I don't want to screw around fixing them, I just want to play games ffs.

You picked two bad apples...don't let it spoil the bunch.

GTAIV wouldn't even start up for me this week. I have to go into the config file or something and set it to something else since it is saying something about Vista and I have Win7. But I didn't let it get me down, i found the fix and it's easy to do.

Crysis I got running just fine but it crashed a lot on the final boss fight. Which is a known issue apparently. I persevered just to finish it though.

PC gaming is still awesome and is very rewarding, but the poorly optimized games like those you mentioned above sometimes cause issues. They are the rare breed though. It's frustrating but no need to overreact.

Xater

I also have the same issues with Driver and I am playing the Mac version. That is seriously unacceptable. I will try to get my money back from Steam.

Gala

Rayman can't win today! I don't have enough money left to buy it!

Also thanks to Assassins Creed-GAF! The ACII is so much better than the first one. It was a good descision to skip the first.

Xater

Is the offline mode thing not working for you?

I am not willing to work around shitty DRM no matter how easy it would be. I'd rather not play the game and not give Ubisoft any money.

And no, putting the game into offline mode still results in the same problem.

With the whole "For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue." and Steam not having a telephone number and only be reached by email support tickets that take them 2-4 days to answer, I imagine that this is what it's like in sports getting injured right before the championship game. Played with everyone the whole entire way, get to the end, and have to watch from the sidelines.

And thats the end of my "I wanted to buy Civ 5 with the Steam Wallet credit that I got from Gamestop (Ive only spend under $100 of actual cash), but cant" rant.

MRORANGE

I wonder why Ubisoft has not put Rayman 2 up yet? as far as I can tell the only way to get is to buy rayman Origins pre-order.

Luckily I picked it up before it vanished, but it would be nice to see it on the store.

With the whole "For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue." and Steam not having a telephone number and only be reached by email support tickets that take them 2-4 days to answer, I imagine that this is what it's like in sports getting injured right before the championship game. Played with everyone the whole entire way, get to the end, and have to watch from the sidelines.

And thats the end of my "I wanted to buy Civ 5 with the Steam Wallet credit that I got from Gamestop (Ive only spend under $100 of actual cash), but cant" rant.

Can't you make another account, purchase the game on there and gift it to your main account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom