• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Another $20 should do me, actually. Setting aside $25 for the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC, I'd be left with about the same to spend on whatever pops up over the next couple of days.

Tess3ract

Banned
Forget about 1. Not necessary at all, even if it's a great game. But the atrocious load times and constant backtracking coupled with the length of the game will probably make you stop before the end anyway.

Witcher 2 is smoother and shorter.

In the end, people should play the first if that game appeals to them, but forget about it if the only reason they want to play it is because Witcher 2 appeals to them.
Otherwise you may end up never touching Witcher 2 which would be like the saddest thing ever.

The load times aren't that bad. Chapter 1 maybe because it's kind of large but the long loadtimes were fixed ages ago.

On the subject of The Witcher 2: I really hope that it's coming back on sale either today or tomorrow.

I wanted to buy it but ended up changing my mind thinking I'd have to beat TW1 beforehand. Now I'm completely regretting it after finding out that it's standalone.

What does that even mean? You thought it was an expansion? When do you ever have to beat one game before playing the next?

People, buy The Witcher 1, its not needed for TW2 per se, but is an amazing game in its own right and makes even better meeting characters in 2.

Also the books if you can find them, 1 and 2 have lots of amazing details you will encounter if you have read the books, its even more prominent in 2 with the main story. People need to know who were Jeneffer and Ciri.

If you can tell me what Fallout 3, Fable III, and Dragon Age: Origins share in common, besides being WRPGs and having nameless protagonist I will give you a copy of Psychonauts.

Hey Empty Space, not sure if you saw this, but are is the commonality the:

GotY/Ultimate re-releases?
Superior PC versions. ;)

Haha. It never occurred to met that Fable 3 didn't have a GotY edition. I just presumed based on the second... Oops.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Fuck yeah, bank processed my credit card payment. (...after I called yesterday and asked why it was taking so long...hmm...) Either way: back in the game!

I need some advice here. If you were up for a gift copy of Magicka, would you want
  • the whole shebang with all the DLC
  • the base game, Vietnam, The Stars are Left and The Other Side of the Coin
  • just the base game
(note, this is not a giveaway yet, sorry)

See, I don't care about cosmetic extras or PvP so I'd feel kinda bad if someone gifted me the full collection. They'd have wasted money on stuff that will mostly go unused. But I know I'm a weirdo with weird opinions, so help me out here.

Fuck yeah, bank processed my credit card payment. (...after I called yesterday and asked why it was taking so long...hmm...) Either way: back in the game!

I need some advice here. If you were up for a gift copy of Magicka, would you want
  • the whole shebang with all the DLC
  • the base game, Vietnam, The Stars are Left and The Other Side of the Coin
  • just the base game
(note, this is not a giveaway yet, sorry)

See, I don't care about cosmetic extras or PvP so I'd feel kinda bad if someone gifted me the full collection. They'd have wasted money on stuff that will mostly go unused. But I know I'm a weirdo with weird opinions, so help me out here.

Just get on the base game.

They're all boring.

9gag-faces-origins-i6.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you can tell me what Fallout 3, Fable III, and Dragon Age: Origins share in common, besides being WRPGs and having nameless protagonist I will give you a copy of Psychonauts.

You can own property in all of them.

None of the main characters actually speak (I already have psychonauts)

Fallout New Vegas was much better imho

I stipulated earlier, but after my initial post that it had nothing to do with the inherent nature of most WRPGs. I guess the talking aspect is more subjective then objective though. Want Nuclear Dawn? I've got that lying around too.

Tess3ract

Banned
I stipulated earlier, but after my initial post that it had nothing to do with the inherent nature of most WRPGs. I guess the talking aspect is more subjective then objective though. Want Nuclear Dawn? I've got that lying around too.
I already have nuclear dawn :|

I don't really want anything

"Standalone" in regard to the game's narrative.

But that isn't the case. Witcher 2 picks up right after the end of the first game.

Mass effect?

You get more out of it, but you don't have to play each game before the next. That's the case of pretty much every series. People worry too much about not getting a game if they don't play its series in order, as if developers are out to limit its potential audience to only those who have played the other games. White Knight Chronicles 2 has a copy of WKC on the disc, and even it doesn't require that you play it first.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But that isn't the case. It picks up right after the end of the first game.

Yes, but knowledge of the first game isn't a requisite to enjoy or even understand the narrative of The Witcher 2, which is why he's now interested in purchasing the game.

Tess3ract

Banned
I have THREE three day passes for RO2

PM me if you want them, but since they are so time limited I really only want to give them out to people who absolutely are going to play the game at some point during 3 days from now.

Yes, but knowledge of the first game isn't a requisite to enjoy or even understand the narrative of The Witcher 2, which is why he's now interested in purchasing the game.

Which goes back to my point: It's extremely rare for games to do that anyway. Not without some method of catching people up at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom