• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a trusted member of the Steam GAF Community mind doing me a solid? I have a $20 gift voucher, but as Ive made aware, Steam has shut down my ability to purchase games. I'd like Civ 5 and Divinity II, was hoping I could give the voucher to someone to make the purchases and gift me the games, keep the remaining $2.50 as a tip.

Soi-Fong

Good deed of the day time... and please, only for those peeps that can't afford it even with the deal...

First PM with the answer to this trivia question gets my gift copy of Arma II Combined Ops

What MLB team leads the league in walkoff victories this season?

GO!

Oakland Athletics...

~Kinggi~

Banned
EVOCHRON, HOW IS IT, EVOCHRON

it looks like you can fly from space right into a planet's atmosphere without loading. I do believe that is cool.

Megasoum

Banned
wow that's weird... I'm looking for the 2008 Prince of Persia on gamespot to watch the video review but for some reason I can't find it. I see 2010 and a bunch of old games but not the 2008 one... Heck I even see "Prince of Persia 3D" but not 2008 lol.

Pretty gutted by this sale to be fair, why the hell is fable 3 there AGAIN? I've seen that like 3 times on sale now, same with batman. I was at work when the Unreal pack was on there and it's never been on since so I guess I've missed the chance with that, yet these other games come on time and time again. I'm just glad I was around for Dead Rising 2 off the record, I've only seen that once on sale..... F1 2011 hasn't even appeared has it? Not a fan of these constant repeat deals.

Tess3ract

Banned
Wow man, you are a true soldier. You were giving away tons of games in this thread. +5 respect. Anyone willing to go without food for games is a leet legend in my book.
(most of the stuff I give away is extra copies I didn't really pay for, but came with whatever I got, shhh it's a secret to everyone)

That being said, I'm still willing to give away:

Serious Sam Classic First Encounter
Serious Sam Classic Second Encounter
Super SMC
Cthulhu Saves the World

All you have to do is make me laugh! and you get 1 of these

If anyone's interested in Red Orchestra 2, I have 3 day passes that gives you access to the full game.

iqubal

Banned
Good deed of the day time... and please, only for those peeps that can't afford it even with the deal...

First PM with the answer to this trivia question gets my gift copy of Arma II Combined Ops

What MLB team leads the league in walkoff victories this season?

GO!

don't follow MLB..................detroit tigers? LOL

Ionic

The idea of a recap day annoys me a little bit considering most of the popular games seem to have already gone on sale three times over the last ten days.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
EVOCHRON, HOW IS IT, EVOCHRON

it looks like you can fly from space right into a planet's atmosphere without loading. I do believe that is cool.

It looks really good but the controls are supposedly quite difficult. This impression I read mentions that almost every key is a short cut for something.

There's at least one new deal tomorrow
Indie Bundle Day 11 - World of Goo, Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Waveform.
Which looks pretty meh. How many of these indie bundle did you guys pick up?
I only bought the day 5 one, mainly for Gemini Rue and Ys: OiF.

I hate regional restrictions.

500ae3d4ce9b0.jpg

I'm going to buy it. I know it..

EDIT: Oh, and I HIGHLY recommend Torchlight to anyone wondering if they should get that. I would mostly recommend preordering Torchlight II since you get the first one free, but if you want to just try out a game like this, definitely pick up the first for that price. I really enjoyed that game and cannot wait until the second one arrives :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just a warning for anyone planning on picking up Evochron in hopes of finding a space game that isn't yet another 4X: the slip/slide combat is insanely hard. The learning curve is just ridiculous. I couldn't get past it, but if you think you can what I experienced of the rest of the game was good.

neoism

the Harley Quinn dlc works good with steam right.... I thought I seen some other gaffer have trouble with it. lol I'm still on my play through just to get my costums working. :/

I asked in the Day Z thread a few days ago but didn't really get a concrete answer, if there is one. When are the developers going to transition to a standalone release? I'm not really interested in buying ARMA now just for them to stop supporting the mod version in a month or two.

I don't think anybody really knows but Rocket has already mentioned DayZ will be compatible with Arma3 and there's only been talks about a standalone since DayZ runs completely in Arma2. A standalone isn't something they can just whip together. If one does happen i wouldn't expect it anytime with in this year absolutely.

If people want to buy Arma 2 just to play a mod that is still in alpha and that will probably be included in Arma 3 as a separate mode (ETA for Arma 3 is still Q4 2012, which is like a few months from now), then they shouldn't really buy it (at least for that price).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ARMAII, BOUGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom