• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I think $18 is still too much for me for Day Z. Oh well. Let's see if there are any last minute flash sales I need.

Yeah think I may end up getting random hidden gems over it especially since it's out of the price range for my friends/family to buy it. Of course it doesn't help that they have shitty PCs lol.

If people want to buy Arma 2 just to play a mod that is still in alpha and that will probably be included in Arma 3 as a separate mode (ETA for Arma 3 is still Q4 2012, which is like a few months from now), then they shouldn't really buy it (at least for that price).

Had this in the back of my head as well. There's no way Bohemia doesn't cash in on this and make it a full game or something.

Cheddahz

Banned
I really hope The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle will go on sale again, since I have the money for it now. I have gotten all of the achievements for MI and MI2 on the 360, but I much rather have them on my Steam account (i grew up playing point and click games, so it's always been my preference for them).

MRORANGE

If people want to buy Arma 2 just to play a mod that is still in alpha and that will probably be included in Arma 3 as a separate mode (ETA for Arma 3 is still Q4 2012, which is like a few months from now), then they shouldn't really buy it (at least for that price).

Sound advice here.

DOA

re-runs are good because of two reasons:
1. those who missed the first times now get a second chance
2. those who already bought the games, now don't need to buy more games

the second reason is me trying to convince myself why not to be mad on new sales

Would a trusted member of the Steam GAF Community mind doing me a solid? I have a $20 gift voucher, but as Ive made aware, Steam has shut down my ability to purchase games. I'd like Civ 5 and Divinity II, was hoping I could give the voucher to someone to make the purchases and gift me the games, keep the remaining $2.50 as a tip.

Quoting for the new page since everything moves so fast in this thread! Would appreciate it!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Machinarium, BOUGHT!

mneuro

I didn't have Arkham city, arkham asylum OR Gotham City Imposters yet so I bought them and all of the DLC for $25....I feel like I just got the deal of the sale.

legacyzero

Banned
You are a crazy crazy person.

I bought it at full price and it paid for itself over and over.

Oreoleo

Bohemia has said definitively that DayZ won't be supported in Arma3 until 6-12 months after it is released. Waiting for Arma3 to play DayZ would be a bad idea..

The way I see it, if you want to buy Arma2 for DayZ, you can spend 80 hours with it like I did, and then you still have two great single player games waiting to be played when you're done with that. It's an incredible value!

I paid $30 to try DayZ and now that I've been there and back I'd gladly pay more for it.

You are a crazy crazy person.

I bought it at full price and it paid for itself over and over.

High five.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And with 8 bucks left in my bank account I think I'm done with this Steam sale.

NFS:Hot Pursuit = 4.99
Ys Origin = 7.99
Hard Reset = 3.75
Half Life 1 = 2.49
LA Noire = 7.49
Ys Oath = 5.09
Double Pack = 1.49
Chantelise = 2.49
Driver SF = 7.49
Morrowind = 4.99
CIV V = 7.49
------------------------
Total = $55.65

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And now that those two games are purchased, I'm off to continue Bastion :lol I feel bad alt tabbing from that game.

Wanace

Damn, I want Evochron. But then i can't afford Alpha Protocol unless it becomes a flash or a daily. And I really want Alpha Protocol.

Argh!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
My gaming PC is in my room where we get really bad WiFi so sometimes I have to download my games on another PC, back it up, and then reinstall it on my PC. For some reason Fallout 3 won't back up using the Steam back up thing.

Would it work the same if I just copied the contents of the Fallout 3 files in SteamApps to my new computer?

Megasoum

Banned
Bohemia has said definitively that DayZ won't be supported in Arma3 until 6-12 months after it is released. Waiting for Arma3 to play DayZ would be a bad idea..

The way I see it, if you want to buy Arma2 for DayZ, you can spend 80 hours with it like I did, and then you still have two great single player games waiting to be played when you're done with that. It's an incredible value!

I paid $30 to try DayZ and now that I've been there and back I'd gladly pay more for it.

High five.

Hehe that reminds me of people advising people to skip the BF 3 DLC because BF4 is coming out next year...ridiculous.

Yoshichan

Do zombies eat Yoshi brains?

And more importantly, do Yoshis eat zombie brains?! Poor Zs are in for a surprise.
I only eat them when I'm tired...

SZEL1.gif

But when zombies are starving, I'm like

sqA2r.gif

and then

WKNjm.gif

Shurayuki

Yeah guys if Arma doesn't show in your region it's probably because steam linked the basic game or something and your region doesn't hav it?

You can still buy operation arrowhed for the 40% off, steam should have liked that for the frontpage deal :/

frozzted

My gaming PC is in my room where we get really bad WiFi so sometimes I have to download my games on another PC, back it up, and then reinstall it on my PC. For some reason Fallout 3 won't back up using the Steam back up thing.

Would it work the same if I just copied the contents of the Fallout 3 files in SteamApps to my new computer?

Yes, you can copy the folder

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lol at 40% off Arma II... these exploitative bastards.

ampere

Definitely going to pick up Quantum Conundrum today since I forgot to buy it when it came out.

Probably going to buy Arma II, been itching to try out the Day-z mod.

So far the only thing I have bought this sale has been 2 copies of The Binding of Isaac and it has been one of the best deals for me ever. 13 hours played already and it cost me a mere $2.23 for the bundle with DLC. I even bought a copy at $4.48 for a friend because it's so good and those devs deserve the money. After how much I loved SMB and Isaac, I am pretty much sold on the next game they make. I was reluctant to get Isaac for so long because it looked hard and possibly not like my cup of tea. It is hard, very hard. I die a lot, and I've only cleared it once. But dammit is it a lot of fun and the inability to save or continue keeps me on my toes.

I also finally got around to playing and beating Machinarium which I bought 2 years ago. It's a fantastic point and click adventure for anyone who likes that type of game. It has a brilliant hint system as well so that you never need to go to the internet even if you get stuck. The art, animations, and music are amazing.

Rayman and Deus Ex have me tempted, but I have so many Steam games I haven't beaten (or even played!) so Quantum Conundrum and Arma II are probably the only other games I will buy this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom