• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

Any comment to how goo Serious Sam 3 is? Never played a serious sam game before, but I want a good fun fps that isn't a miliarty/war clone

blazeuk

Wanted Arma II, but can wait at that price, was hoping for alittle cheaper, but wasn't really expecting it. It isn't any cheaper than anyone else has done it for, Bohemia were selling it for that the other month (and it was the steam version) and Amazon were cheaper recently too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Slowed it down after someone mentioned it yesterday.

jttIr.gif

If you're buying Arma2 get the combined ops (Arma2 + Operation Arrowhead) and not just standalone Arma2 for DayZ. Free Arma2 works but its incredibly unoptimized and never got the stability and optimization patches the paid game got. So it will run considerably worse if you want to use free Arma2.

And you need Operation Arrowhead.

Amagon

Really gonna try and get ARMA II but just notice my car insurance got taken out today from my bank account, lol. :(

Hopefully, I can scrap up some money in order to get ARMA II but if not, I can wait til the next sale.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
We're sorry. This game is not available in your region. (Germany)
Can someone take a screenshot?

Go down to the bottom for the Top Sellers. I see ArmA II is appearing for me and I can add it to my cart. Not sure if I can go to the checkout though since I own it and don't need it.

Lain

No Alpha Protocol today as well for the daily =/
Seems like I did the right thing spending those last € on Risen instead.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just alt tabbed and everyone's going crazy about Arma II! Is it on sale O_O? Is it the 40% one?

frozzted

Might be wrong, but I thought the guy making the mod was a Bohemia employee, who made it in his spare time.

From Wikipedia:

Dean Hall created the concept while he was a soldier in the New Zealand Army; as a suggestion for training soldiers through exposure to situations provoking emotion and relevant thought processes. He has stated he was inspired by experiences during jungle training while on exchange with the Singapore Armed Forces in Brunei, where he was badly injured in a survival exercise.

I was a big fan of Arkham City, but never picked up any of the DLC. I like the combat, but not the stealth challenges as much. Any of the DLC worth it at the sale prices?

Morokh

So, tomorrow will be (another) best-of or recap of the best selling titles ... so like I feared nothing will happen with Kingdoms of Amalur ...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Good deed of the day time... and please, only for those peeps that can't afford it even with the deal...

First PM with the answer to this trivia question gets my gift copy of Arma II Combined Ops

What MLB team leads the league in walkoff victories this season?

GO!

oakland a's, beat my yankees last night

Well, unless something extraordinary happens tomorrow, I think this was it for me.

Binary Domain (amazon)
NBA 2K12 (amazon)
The Walking Dead (amazon)
Dead Island
Dear Esther
Max Payne 3
Saints Row 3 complete
Wrath of the Lamb DLC
3 Tomb Raider Guardian of Light DLC
Napoleonic Wars DLC
Portal 2

35$ and about £45. A bit over my budget, but it was worth it for Max Payne and Saints Row.

Mrbob

EVOCHRON MERCENARY wooo yes! My body is ready to purchase this game!

Edit: Arma 2 daily? Hmm might have to purchase as well.

Beat fallout new Vegas today. Clocked at 39 hours. I couldn't help myself and buy oblivion goty for 5 bucks. This time I want some medieval action.

ShaneB

Good deed of the day time... and please, only for those peeps that can't afford it even with the deal...

First PM with the answer to this trivia question gets my gift copy of Arma II Combined Ops

What MLB team leads the league in walkoff victories this season?

GO!

that's my guess.

shit... pm!

Never played Prince of Persia before but PoP 08 is really tempting because of that beautiful art style. Pity I have no money left so here's hoping it will be on sale some time in the future.

Sanic

I asked in the Day Z thread a few days ago but didn't really get a concrete answer, if there is one. When are the developers going to transition to a standalone release? I'm not really interested in buying ARMA now just for them to stop supporting the mod version in a month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom