• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are the DayZ guys getting paid anything for making an otherwise completely irrelevant game relevant? No one cared about ARMA2 until DayZ, and now Bohemia Interactive is making bank.
Might be wrong, but I thought the guy making the mod was a Bohemia employee, who made it in his spare time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We're sorry. This game is not available in your region. (Germany)
Can someone take a screenshot?

4UqtW.png

I guess you can't blame them for the shitty discount when the game is so popular right now, still not going to buy it at that price though.

Just tough out that first section, if you ever beat the game you'll laugh when you look back and notice that it deterred you. It's a blip in the larger scheme of it.

Thanks, for $2.50 I guess I can't go wrong. Also, has Batman AA gone lower than in it is right now? Had a hankering to replay it, just can't decide if it's worth more than a fiver.

Megasoum

Banned
2 Games that got released 2009 and 2010 so 2-3 years ago gets a -40% discount. Months old games get a -75% discount.

Arma 2 is the bigges ripoff now.

It's called capitalism... ARMA2 was already selling probably close to 10x the numbers than your -75% off game was doing so there's no point for them to lower it more.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
:lol

Apart from Arma (for some), this is a pretty shitty day again.

You are going to get flamed watch out! :)

I agree though. Fable III again? Now I'm so sick of seeing it on sale that I will never buy it even if it hits $1. Just out of spite.

Nothing for me today except Oblivion and Morrowind earlier. And Bloodlines last night. Very happy!!

one more day left! YAAAAY!

Going to have to pass on Arma 2. Despite it only being a small price difference at €12.50 (50%) I was willing to get it but not €15 which would mean I'd have added €65 in total during the sales (for games I probably won't even play). Hope everybody else enjoys DayZ.

mrgone

Nice to see Arma 2 at last, though I only needed Operation Arrowhead. For DayZ, do you need either or the OA dlc's (British Armed Forces, Private Military Company) or is vanilla OA good?

You don't need any of the additional DLCs to play it. You can also play it with just the Operation Arrowhead expansion and the demo/free version of ArmA II, but some of the textures end up being low-res, so I've heard. I think people have mentioned having luck getting different releases of the game to work as well (like the free GreenManGaming version of ArmA II with the Amazon version of Operation Arrowhead and such) with a little bit of registry hacking, but patching becomes a bit of a nightmare I imagine.

rybrad

Is there a thread up of recommended cheap games yet? I know there is that link floating around of the Steam thread with the discounts but I am more interested in hearing opinions about hidden gems as opposed to just the discount %. I ended up with a couple fun games (eversion rules!) from that thread last year.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Told my buddy I didn't have enough for ARMAII and then I see this.

eL28N.png

Damnit, now I need to buy him something.

bigace33

Only thing's i'm considering today is DKS and batman....dunno

do I need to eat, or can I live off popcorn (i'm serious I dont have much money left :( )

Wow man, you are a true soldier. You were giving away tons of games in this thread. +5 respect. Anyone willing to go without food for games is a leet legend in my book.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, would have loved to get Arkham City, but it's not available in my country and I'm all out of funds anyway. And I guess the lack of Dustforce is disappointing, but with my other loot I'll live.

MRORANGE

Is there a thread up of recommended cheap games yet? I know there is that link floating around of the Steam thread with the discounts but I am more interested in hearing opinions about hidden gems as opposed to just the discount %. I ended up with a couple fun games (eversion rules!) from that thread last year.

I think Salsa will do one.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is Arma II actually a fun game? I am interested in DayZ alone (like many, many others) but I am also kind of interested in the game itself.

Is it worth it at this price if I want to play Arma as well?

Arma is HC, so is not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom