• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bohemia has said definitively that DayZ won't be supported in Arma3 until 6-12 months after it is released. Waiting for Arma3 to play DayZ would be a bad idea..

OK, I didn't know that. If you can't wait, then this sale is as good as it gets at the moment (and will be until Christmas).

Tomodachi

Was Quantum Conundrum this cheap even as a flash deal? I remember it at 33%, never at 40%. I think I'll bite anyway, still 10€ to reach the budget and it's one of the most wanted in my wishlist.

DayZ is really incredible. Just go find some of the YouTube videos. Playing and watching things evolve and having an input on all the crazy things Rocket is trying out is fun. It is janky and hardcore but there's a great appeal to something so different. Lots of us in the gaf thread have been playing for months and there's even a gaf server. It may not appeal to everyone but it definitely shouldn't be dismissed as just a regular mod.

FtHTiny

Surprised there was no Alpha protocol this sale. Or did i miss it?
Skipped it last time because i wouldn´t have been able to play it anyway and now it seems to not come this time.

Tomodachi

I really can't wrap my head around people complaining about DISCOUNTS. Really people? That's not a given, that's an extra. It's like complaining about a gift. Holy hell.

Correct, there was a vote for 40% but it lost.
Just as I thought, thanks. I will buy it with even more pleasure now :D

Shurayuki

There is one more day, for indie bundle 11, sale will end usually 23rd july at 10AM PST / 6PM GMT

There better be, I don't have my "Vote every day" cheevo, nobody has them yet because of tomorrow being another dealday eh? *sobbingincorner*

I couldn't care less about (even steam) achievements, but steam SALE achievements, oh boy oh boy.

So no one wants a free game or a RO2 guest pass?

the guest pass is 3 days of full access to the game fwiw

scumbag_kevin.png

Someone made that from an image of me. Dont think its really that funny and guess wont make anyone laugh *loL*

(Besides i never said Nexuiz sucks... *haha*)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Galactic Civilizations II
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall, Swords and Soldiers with Sausage Fest DLC
Limbo, Stacking, Shoot Many Robots
Dear Esther, Pendulo Adventure Pack
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year, Dead Space 2, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Prince of Persia, Monkey Island Complete Pack, The Walking Dead
Qube, Vessel, Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four
Civ V GOTY, L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Renegade Ops
Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3, Frozen Synapse - Two Pack, Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
Hydrophobia: Prophecy, Alice Madness Returns, Post Mortem, PixelJunk Eden
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Toy Soldiers, Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two, Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Trine 2
SpaceChem
Back to the Future: The Game, Legend of Grimrock, Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One, Hard Reset: Extended edition

218.89$

ahhhh. To be fair, i have been on a fairly strict spending limit regarding games this whole year and this month i have splurged a bit making up for it. I barely buy new console releases anymore and just wait for sales.

mrgone

1€ missing for the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex...

Curse you, my wallet! :(

It's great, though. Worth a round of double-credit akimbo Virtua Cop 2!

Deus Ex: HR is so fucking good. I wish Eidos Montreal would just put me out of my misery and announce a sequel already.

kitzkozan

re-runs are good because of two reasons:
1. those who missed the first times now get a second chance
2. those who already bought the games, now don't need to buy more games

the second reason is me trying to convince myself why not to be mad on new sales

No need to get mad about the re-runs, it's just that it frustrate me since some developers like Capcom are cheap as fuck. XD I should of known that SFIV AE wouldn't come back for another 75% off (prove me wrong crapcom :p) .

Soi-Fong

Damn, with Arma II CO, that's 3 games I've bought that total above 15 bucks each. I swear, DayZ, The Walking Dead and Witcher 2 (which I'm enjoying) will prove to be worth it.

Ledsen

WHERE IS MY DEAD RISING 2 OTR REPEAT SALE :(

I really really wanted that game, and only really really that game, and it was the ONLY flash sale I missed... :( :( :(

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking of getting Arma X when I saw the 40% off on Arma II, but they took Arma X off the Steam store today (which means it's impossible to buy Arma Gold.)

If that's the kind of move they're going to play, then I'm not going to get Arma II. Simple as that.

It's great, though. Worth a round of double-credit akimbo Virtua Cop 2!

Deus Ex: HR is so fucking good. I wish Eidos Montreal would just put me out of my misery and announce a sequel already.

Sure. But dont wanna buy another 10€ paysafecard just for the missing 1€ of the DLC *haha*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom