• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of each sale after the calculations I say to myself: "I should have bought [insert 10-20$ game here] instead of getting all those 2-5$ games that I won't play even one time."
At this sale that game will probably be Arma 2.

Wanace

I have an extra copy from when it was $2 I can give you, if interested.

If you friend me (Volcynika) , I can send it on over.

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it. I'm willing to hook you up with a $4.99 or less game in return if you like anything.

And I just got the gift! Thanks to Volcynika, a hero amongst Gaffers!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Torchlight sale could have a discount of Torchlight 2 pre-release.
I know, it makes no sense, but I want it!
I want it too, but it's never gonna happen cause they would be screwing over all the pre-purchases.

Shurayuki

DayZ is really incredible. Just go find some of the YouTube videos. Playing and watching things evolve and having an input on all the crazy things Rocket is trying out is fun. It is janky and hardcore but there's a great appeal to something so different. Lots of us in the gaf thread have been playing for months and there's even a gaf server. It may not appeal to everyone but it definitely shouldn't be dismissed as just a regular mod.

It's only sad thst with great popularity of course it also gained many cheaters and abusers. It's getting hacked quite a bit, but one of the more annoying thing is probably abusing the permadeath. If somebody spots you they will log-out, hop onto another server and sneak behind your position, then log into your server again and kill you from behind. Bah I say.

Hopefully they can do something about that, I don't even have it, but enjoy reading stories like on RPS (and the gaf thread has many too).
Emergent gameplay.

MNC

Binding of Isaac: Wrath of Lamb 0,74
Alan Wake Franchise 8,99
Harley Quinn's Revenge 3,39
Saints Row 3 Shark Attack DLC 0,36
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 22,49
FEAR 2,24
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record 6,65

Civilization V 7,49

52 Euro's

that's my total haul. Sins made my budget bloat, but a friend and I played Sins Trinity long enough to buy Rebellion.

Takuan

Still no Mass Effect or NBA 2K12 sale :<

Contemplating buying The Last Standalone instead of DoW2 Retribution in full since I've yet to play the previous two games.

heringer

Glad I waited for the Batman deal!

Now I'm done.

Batman Arkham City
Bastion
The Walking Dead
Alan Wake America's Nightmare
Deus EX HR
The Witcher

Sblargh

Banned
I want it too, but it's never gonna happen cause they would be screwing over all the pre-purchases.

Torchlight on sale gives me that feeling that "this is such a good game for such a low price, I should buy it even if I already have it just so I can feel good about buying such a good game for such a low price"

Atrophis

I'm in the market for a Civ game. Is it worth spending extra onCiv 5 GOTY over Civ 4 complete or even Civ 3 complete (which is a ridiculous 0.74p currently)? Thoughts?

Scoops

Banned
I was thinking of getting Arma X when I saw the 40% off on Arma II, but they took Arma X off the Steam store today (which means it's impossible to buy Arma Gold.)

If that's the kind of move they're going to play, then I'm not going to get Arma II. Simple as that.

Yeah that'll show them.

MrFortyFive

Unless something great pops up tomorrow, I think I'm about done with the sale.
~80 games for around $250, the majority of which was Gamestop credit. I love Steam.

Derrick01

Banned
Ah I see Arma 2 finally made it, if that can be called a daily sale for something that old at least. I've always had an interest in the main game but people told me it was always more about multiplayer so I never jumped when it was cheaper. Day-Z does nothing for me because of it being multiplayer focused so I don't like that it has super inflated the sale price.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Damage thus far:

Legend of Grimrock - $5.99
Dear Esther - $2.49
Thief bundle - $6.74
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $2.49
Hard Reset: Extended Edition - $3.75
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That - $1.00
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition - $11.99

Total: $34.45

Bought more than I thought I would, actually.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yes really really please DR2 OTR repeat sale is really really want :(

I'd prefer a Lost Planet 2 for 75% off flash sale instead. *Wiggle*

Anyways, nothing for me. I want Arma II, but only for DayZ. So it would be a pretty stupid decision on my part to pick it up just for that. Rather play the wait and see, till they get to the point where people don't care for playing their game anymore. And it goes back to basically being given away for free.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
PRAISE JESUS!

ARMA II!!!!

(Thanks to Dupy for hooking me up, already. I had a ton of fun playing last night!)

Gala

Someone from russia or the ukraine here and can gift me a copy of Transformers: War for Cybertron? I can paypal immediately!

So no one wants a free game or a RO2 guest pass?

the guest pass is 3 days of full access to the game fwiw

Maybe this will make u laugh:

YUfPR.jpg

ampere

Bought Arma and Quantum Conundrum (got the Season pass since it was still cheaper than non discounted reg version)

Gonna start downloading Arma and try Day-z tonight!

MRORANGE

Ah I see Arma 2 finally made it, if that can be called a daily sale for something that old at least. I've always had an interest in the main game but people told me it was always more about multiplayer so I never jumped when it was cheaper. Day-Z does nothing for me because of it being multiplayer focused so I don't like that it has super inflated the sale price.

So basically you had no real intention of buying it anyway, lol.

ARMA 2 really does work best in a MP environment though, so it might not be your cup of tea.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the market for a Civ game. Is it worth spending extra onCiv 5 GOTY over Civ 4 complete or even Civ 3 complete (which is a ridiculous 0.74p currently)? Thoughts?

Get Civ4 complete. Wait for next sale or next year to get Civ5 with Gods And Kings at cheaper prices.

I haven't tried Gods and Kings yet but Civ5 vanilla feels a bit lacking even though its still fun and addictive.

It's only sad thst with great popularity of course it also gained many cheaters and abusers. It's getting hacked quite a bit, but one of the more annoying thing is probably abusing the permadeath. If somebody spots you they will log-out, hop onto another server and sneak behind your position, then log into your server again and kill you from behind. Bah I say.

Hopefully they can do something about that, I don't even have it, but enjoy reading stories like on RPS (and the gaf thread has many too).
Emergent gameplay.

Yeah, it's definitely changed from even a few months ago. Probably for the worse but hopefully they can find some kind of remedy.

For certain kind of people it's amazing (though frustrating) but I really would recommend people on the fence check out videos first. The Arma2 engine allows for massive areas to explore but also causes lots of glitches and overall instability that others won't be able to look over. It's not a smooth just download this and go and it's all good. Updating patches is easy but is something you need to do manually for whatever specific part was updated. Read the OP in the DayZ thread here if you're wishy-washy.

That said, I love it and think it's the best thing I've played this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom