• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How complicated is Civilization V? I have never been much of a strategy gamer but lately a few friends and I have been playing Age of Empires 3 and I've been really enjoying it. Is Civ V pretty complicated for someone who is new(ish) to strategy games?

Nah, you'll be fine. It might take you an hour or two to really fully understand it, but it's easy to start off and figure out what you're doing. The nice thing about that game is you just keep learning more and more about it - you never stop. But what you learn in the first half hour is enough to carry you further.

It's a phenomenal, phenomenal game. You'll lose days.

How complicated is Civilization V? I have never been much of a strategy gamer but lately a few friends and I have been playing Age of Empires 3 and I've been really enjoying it. Is Civ V pretty complicated for someone who is new(ish) to strategy games?

Civ V is great for introducing new players, far more than any other game in the series. It was the first strategy game I ever played in my life and while I can't say I understood everything my first game or two, it makes it easy for you to enjoy playing even before you completely understand.

Also you have ALOT of contextual tool tips, explanations, and advice from advisors that will spring up. You can turn these off if you wish, but they are very helpful when you are beginning and they only pop up when the context calls for it.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member

It's quite easy to get into the tutorial is pretty good at it. Don't think you will find it complicated at all.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If no one has tried..

i5zcc0BQSIUBp.jpg

Double Ewe Tee Eff?

kharma45

Speaking of the Batman games, are the Arkham games any good? I picked up Arkham Asylum GOTY for my Xbox a month or so ago for free (Gamestop was having a promotion) and I still need to play it

Hell yes, I preferred the first one overall but both are excellent.

Giard

And GMG has it even cheaper if you have a 20% off coupon from when they gave out Hacker Evolution for free just over a week ago.
COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

gives you 20% off every game on Green Man Gaming, works once.

ps. I'm sorry for my pic, it was funny in my head

Grakl

I've limited myself to spending $10 for the sale; no way I can spend more. I still cant think of what to get, haha. Probably Deus Ex.

Xater

It sucks that I don't have much money right now. I want to get both King's Bounty games but I don't think that will be possible if the second one doesn't win the community vote. :(

Should not have bought Driver with it's shitty DRM.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

gives you 20% off every game on Green Man Gaming, works once.

ps. I'm sorry for my pic, it was funny in my head
Can you stack that with a unique 20% off code?

I laughed at the end. Then again, I have a Joker avatar so that might say something about me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Three orange balloons? Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
No idea. I would be surprised, seeing as it spells out "Cause you didn't get one" :p

Hmmmm... Now I have to figure out if I want to buy Quantum Conundrum on GMG... Is it worth $8?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Bah fuck it, bought Arma 2:CO.

And with that I've officially spent over $300 in the summer sale.

(*gifts)

Binary Domain (Amazon) $9.99
Binary Domain (Amazon)* $9.99
Square Enix Ultimate Collection (Amazon) $7.49
THQ Action Pack (Amazon) $14.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Amazon) $7.49
Portal 2* $3.74
Terraria* $2.49
Terraria* $2.49
Legend of Grimrock* $5.99
Back to the Future: The Game $6.24
Saints Row: The Third $12.49
Trine 2 $3.74
Binding of Isaac Bundle $2.23
Half-Life Complete $7.49
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $7.49
Alan Wake American Nightmare $3.74
Mount & Blade: Warband free gift
Europa Universalis III free gift
Alice: Madness Returns $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE $15.99
Binding of Isaac Bundle* $2.23
Qube $3.74
Killing Floor $3.74
Hitman: Blood Money $2.49
Hitman: Blood Money* $2.49
Trine 2* $3.74
Dead Space 2 $6.00
Cave Story+ $2.49
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five $9.99
Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge* $1.49
Mirror's Edge $4.99
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record free gift
Crysis Collection $19.99
Grand Theft Auto Complete Collection $9.00
Unreal Tournament 2004 $3.74
Just Cause 2* $4.99
Torchlight $3.74
Thief Collection $6.74
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Collection $11.19
Torchlight II free gift
Railworks 3: TS 2012 $3.49
Broken Sword Trilogy $2.50
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall $6.24
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy $2.49
Red Faction Guerrilla $4.99
The Witcher: EE Director's Cut $2.49
Amnesia: The Dark Descent* $4.99
Amanita Collection $6.24
Hard Reset: Extended Edition $3.75
Syberia 2 $2.49
Penumbra Collector Pack $4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box $3.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines $4.99
ARMA II: Combined Operations $17.99

TOTAL DAMAGE: $306.45

Oh my...

I would LOVE to see which games you actually play/beat in the coming weeks. haha

1-D_FTW

If Dustforce doesn't have a flash sale before this ends, I'm gonna lose my mind when it appears in some indie bundle in two weeks.*

* Some of these indies make really awful business decisions, so yes, I'm that cynical about the time frame.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
like how the endless space dev said no sale.

Valve has pointed out, several times, how good sales like this are for everyone. I don't understand why some developers resist this.

Dacvak

Why are you tricking me :(

nfz8g.png

That wasn't a unique coupon code was it!? I assumed it was generic since you were posting it in public!

One day, I'll reach a point where GAF people give me free games. Until then, I'll repeatedly open Burnout Paradise until the keys are replenished.

Oh my, what a coincidence! The other day I was trying to remember/google the name of that band, The Hold Steady as I hadn't heard them in years. I just couldn't find any reference to their name and gave up.

On this glorious day, I randomly click your link and pow, it's in your avatar, so awesome!

That's because they are my favorite band.

OR:

"We're watching you and learning your ways!"
(<(<>(<>..<>)<>)>)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
nfz8g.png

That wasn't a unique coupon code was it!? I assumed it was generic since you were posting it in public!
You know what's sad? I have $9 in credit (thanks to getting free games then trading them in once the trade-in value goes back up) and I'm still not pulling the trigger. I wanted the season pass one but that's no longer on sale. :(

I can wait until it's $5 during the Winter Sale. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom