• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
So no one wants a free game or a RO2 guest pass?

the guest pass is 3 days of full access to the game fwiw

@Tess3ract

605931_o.gif

Jobacca

Neo Member
I'll gift anyone whatever they want in the Winter sale for ARMA II today. And possible naming rights to my first born child.

Steam ID: Equate46

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Are you kidding me? CyL's Skul Island is accepting new members? Sign me up, man!

I think it's an adorable little story. It'd be nice if it was included in the second Valve comic collection, whenever that comes out.

Salsa

Now if only I could afford it, lmao

spent way too much in anticipation for it and now I cant reach that number. Need to find a way to possibly recharge my CC but banks wont open till Monday. I'll find a way, think I can charge it at a supermarket

Kuroyume

Banned
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of Lamb DLC (so fucking worth it)
Mirror's Edge (Will get back to it eventually... So much screen tearing.)
Cubemen (Cheap tower defense game that doesn't revolutionize the genre... Having fun with it and I love the art style. Apparently getting a map creator soon.)
Shatter
F.E.A.R

Skipped on Far Cry 2 for now. Wanted Capsized but I'll put it off for a sale down the road. That's it for the Steam sale.

badbrains

It'd be pretty awesome if I got to play ARMA II with my son who's stationed in the military right now in Texas but I went over my 15$ budget the first few days haha.

Sucks working paycheck to paycheck.

Sblargh

Banned
I didn't bought much this year.
Dear Esther: I already regret and didn't even played it yet (maybe I even won't).
Dungeon Siege 3: I was wasting my time with the first one that came for free, dated as fuck, waiting the download of the proper game now.
but...
CRUSADER KINGS 2: Best strategy game ever. Hands-down. Game of the forever. Made an entire sale of stuff I didn't wanted worth it. Thank you, Gabe!

Koroviev

I don't think I'm hardcore enough for this DayZ business, lol. A friend of mine who is an Arma nut is actually waiting for a difficulty patch.

Edit: Is Arkham City sporting some of that GFWL nonsense?

Alex

Fable is a fun series as far as oddball concepts and dumb ARPG jank goes. Nothing I'd praise or actively reccomend but a guilty pleasure I suppose.

Shame 2 isn't on the pc, I believe the pc version of 3 has a bunch of retuning, though.

feel

Oh my...

I would LOVE to see which games you actually play/beat in the coming weeks. haha
Just switched to PC gaming, just want to build a solid library to enjoy over the coming months (or years), there's no rush and I don't let backlogs pressure me, I play what I want when I feel like it. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame Batman AA isn't available on my region. I don't like it, though I think I could tolerate the DRM if the game's good enough, but both things together? I won't support such a shitty publisher.

Koroviev

Binding of Isaac: Wrath of Lamb DLC (so fucking worth it)
Mirror's Edge (Will get back to it eventually... So much screen tearing.)
Cubemen (Cheap tower defense game that doesn't revolutionize the genre... Having fun with it and I love the art style. Apparently getting a map creator soon.)
Shatter
F.E.A.R

Skipped on Far Cry 2 for now. Wanted Capsized but I'll put it off for a sale down the road. That's it for the Steam sale.

With respect to ME, have you tried forcing v-sync?

Tampinha

Evochron
The Missing Link DLC
Magicka The Stars are Left DLC
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Far Cry 2
Metro 2033
Frozen Synapse
SSFIV AE
SpaceChem
Grimrock

9 dollars left from the 50 dollars budget.

bonesquad

There. Added a few friends. Maybe that will make me feel better since I've been disappointed by too many of the games I bought this sale. Only Legend of Grimrock really stands out. Even with its janky old-school combat the game is great. Brutal but great.

Salsa

I bought Arkham City earlier in the sale, is the Harley's Revenge DLC worth $3.39?

Also, to whoever asked, yes it is GFWL.

It was a pain in the ass to download for me so in terms of GFWL hassle, I wouldnt call it worth it.

I think they fixed some stuff since my issues so that could totally not be the case for you. Judging it by content alone id say it's worth it at that price. Playing as Robin is neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom