• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, Virtua Tennis 4 just corrupted my config file, so I reinstalled it, and now my character is gone!

Over 200 hours, ranked 146 in the world.

No, not just my save file, my online ranking as well.

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK

Ouch. Sorry to hear it man.

Holy crap, Virtua Tennis 4 just corrupted my config file, so I reinstalled it, and now my character is gone!

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK

GFWL strikes again. I can't imagine loosing that much game time and effort. :-(

Edit: Seems I had the train of thought as someone else, haha.

Speevy

Banned
I didn't even know it was possible to reset someone's online profile.

I thought Steam games were saved to the cloud, and GFWL rankings were saved to the service.

But I'm staring right at it. No save file, no rankings. Gone. Everything. Gone.

Salsa

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK

ywUL2.png

welcome

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

I thought Steam games were saved to the cloud, and GFWL rankings were saved to the service.

Damn, that's the worst. I'd contact customer support. Maybe they'll give you a gift certificate out of pity. =/

j-wood

This is exactly why i didn't bite on bulletstorm earlier. Sorry to hear man

Same damn thing happened to me earlier in the year. It completely changed my view of GFWL. Though my four hours is nothing compared to what you lost. :-\

Danielsan

Well, I sure can't wait for this to happen to Dark Souls players...

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Driver SF is currently slightly bugged due to Ubi's Uplay servers being overwhelmed, it freezes up ever 30-45 seconds for about 6 seconds unless you either play in offline mode or block Driver.exe from accessing the Ubi servers.

Thank you. I love the game, but that problem was going to make me get the 360 version if it kept up.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hidden Sale:

Fable: The Lost Chapters is $2.50. Yay or nay? Might be my first and only purchase.

It's not a terrible game. Still a bit on the short side, and it definitely hasn't aged perfectly. But I enjoyed it a bit back when it first came out.

There are probably much better choices, if you're only buying one game, though. Even if all you're looking for is an RPG.

Shurayuki

The first picture I see is a flaming warhorse pulling concrete pillars.

Do want.

Yeah there's totally a demonsteed, you can tend to your animals good&evil style, raise stats in minigames and through missions, race them. game of the century if you ask me.

i've only seen it on yogscast when i liked 'em back in the day :eek:

I guess it's too late to tell people to use GameSaveManager and Dropbox for the umpteenth time. Not sure if it helps in such a situation (gfwl profile reset) but it keeps your saves safe in a cloud. For free.

Blizzard

Banned
Ouch about the GFWL save file corruption. My DRM philosophy on Steam is as follows:

GFWL: This may make me rage as I spend an hour or two getting a game working, though I haven't had a save file corrupted yet. Currently I put up with it while grumbling loudly.

Tages 3-activation limit: I avoid this like the plague and hopefully haven't bought any games with it. I don't know if there's a license revocation tool though.

Ubisoft always-online/online requirement (Forgotten Sands): Will not buy. I got every Prince of Persia game except the latest because of this. *shrug*

Who here does not own Half-Life 2 Episode Two, but owns or has played HL2 and HL2 Ep1?

I have an extra copy. Quote this and tell me why you deserve it. And what's the best soda.

I played HL2 the last time 2004 and really wanted to start the "trilogy" again, but neither have episode 1 and episode 2. I know, its a shame.

I would try to buy episode 1 if I would get episode two and could play the game from the beginning again. Already forgot what happened in the game *lol*

And the best soda, of course, is Sprite :)

Dacvak

I guess it's too late to tell people to use GameSaveManager and Dropbox for the umpteenth time. Not sure if it helps in such a situation (gfwl profile reset) but it keeps your saves safe in a cloud. For free.

Yeah, everyone should give this a try. It's incredibly, incredibly useful.

Danielsan

Who here does not own Half-Life 2 Episode Two, but owns or has played HL2 and HL2 Ep1?

I have an extra copy. Quote this and tell me why you deserve it. And what's the best soda.
I own the Orange Box on the 360, but I want to get rid of it and get the proper PC versions instead and relive the magic. I have however played through Episode 2 before, so perhaps someone who has yet to play it is more suitable to receive a free copy.

Also as to what's the best soda. Coca Cola, simply because it mixes fantastically with liquor.

Thanos2001

Neo Member
Oh so it has happened to 3 of us now. This must be a glitch.

Thanos that is not an extreme amount of purchases. Not enough to block your account. I bought ..... a lot .... more than that before mine got closed yesterday.

Have they fixed you yet? I've been up monitoring this thing since 6am. I've got a cart with stuff that has gone up in price and I'm not getting any answers. They asked me for a bunch of info and I sent that off at 7:14am but haven't heard a thing since. I've been filling the steam support email thread with purchases I'd like to make and the price I expect to pay for them.

Has anyone been reinstated and do they honor flash deals you missed due to them?

paolo11

I deserve it because I'm an Alien Ninja who has an Alienware that can run Crysis 2 60 to 80 fps and you are a great man who helped me get a good deal for Super Street Fightet 4 AE.

Oh btw, Sprite is the best soda.

HoosTrax

I have HL2ep2 already, but I have to point out that the proper answer is Diet Mountain Dew -- appropriately caffeine-filled, yet not cloyingly sweet due to lack of that nasty corn syrup stuff.

Also acceptable answers in my book:
Coke Zero
Pepsi Max
Diet Dr. Pepper

zkylon

zkylewd
Driver SF is currently slightly bugged due to Ubi's Uplay servers being overwhelmed, it freezes up ever 30-45 seconds for about 6 seconds unless you either play in offline mode or block Driver.exe from accessing the Ubi servers.
Just reasking in case it got buried, is this still happening? Seems like the most annoying thing in the world...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lol, wtf. I went to go check Steam to see what the hell that game was, when I see this:

YPWe5.png

Now I'm more confused than ever.

I've personally gifted the game to about 5 people now lol, though I haven't played it myself. Troll gifts are the best gifts.

Milamber

I have HL2ep2 already, but I have to point out that the proper answer is Diet Mountain Dew -- appropriately caffeine-filled, yet not cloyingly sweet due to lack of that nasty corn syrup stuff.

Also acceptable answers in my book:
Coke Zero
Pepsi Max
Diet Dr. Pepper

What about Diet Double Dew? Double the dew at half the calories.

Type2

Ugh Im not quite sure if I like Alane Wake yet, hah I remember people complaining about the lip syncing when it released now I know what they meant.

I also still have a bastion steam code to give away if anyone doesnt own it yet =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom