• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

TnnuM.png

lol. I didn't realize this until a few minutes ago.

you dead son

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Goddammit, why can't Rayman Origins be on Mac. Dual booting can suck it.

Lol, dude, you're going to get no sympathy for using a mac to play games, especially if you're not even dual booting.

And I type this from a MBP.

Artofwar420

I'm just being skittish with my last 20 because I'd like to get as many of those crazy cheap small games as I can.

But Evochron Mercenary seems so cool...

Alex

Jesus Christ Ys Origin is awesome. Im not sure how someone with my tastes and age didnt pay more attention to this stuff bbut i plan to make up for it

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
you dead son

I imagine you'll probably pass me up. I'm done buying, for real. Everything from this point on will be a repeat, and I've already bought everything I wanted.

Now I'm going to start focusing on actually playing these games. =)

Most of those posts probably "But guys whyyyyyyyyyyy shouldn't I get Nexiuz?" :p
I support this theory.

Enfinit

Lol, dude, you're going to get no sympathy for using a mac to play games, especially if you're not even dual booting.

And I type this from a MBP.

I know, I know. If I want it bad enough, I'll run 7 through Parallels to satisfy my hunger. It'd just be so much more convenient if they were just released on Mac. It's not the best, but Macs are underrated for gaming.

(As I type this from my MBP).

Danielsan

So here's my damage update. And to think that originally I was only going to spend up to €15.

i0MjS2ndJuO2u.PNG

And that's excluding the €250 monitor that I bought...

Still considering Batman: Arkham City, Civilization V and the Broken Sword Collection. Hoping to see a repeat of Alice: Madness Returns and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Ooh and if anyone want to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/danielsan88

Dacvak

I know, I know. If I want it bad enough, I'll run 7 through Parallels to satisfy my hunger. It'd just be so much more convenient if they were just released on Mac. It's not the best, but Macs are underrated for gaming.

(As I type this from my MBP).
Totally agree, especially the newer ones. I've got a fully-loaded retina MBP, and it crushes some Wii games at 2880x1800 at 60fps. This is a beastly machine.

Still, I wouldn't bone-up on OS X with someone else's dick. Windows is my jam.

Buy games I want.

But what if I already own them? D:

Salsa

AFAIK online is busted on the PC version anyway, they need to patch that shit still since release

edit: talking about SFxT

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What did Panda just gift to me :lol

hLrIE.jpg

I'm dying of laughter here! Thank you so much Pandaman ♥ XD

Shurayuki

^ oh yeah!

C'mon it's too early for the 'wall of shame', we're still at the 'purchases of shame poverty', then finally we'll arrive at the 'games not played percentage of shame'

Dacvak

What did Panda just gift to me :lol

http://i.imgur.com/hLrIE.jpg[IMG]

I'm dying of laughter here! Thank you so much Pandaman ♥ XD[/QUOTE]

Lol, wtf. I went to go check Steam to see what the hell that game was, when I see this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YPWe5.png

Now I'm more confused than ever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Speevy

Banned
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, Virtua Tennis 4 just corrupted my config file, so I reinstalled it, and now my character is gone!

Over 200 hours, ranked 146 in the world.

No, not just my save file, my online ranking as well.

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK

Holy crap, Virtua Tennis 4 just corrupted my config file, so I reinstalled it, and now my character is gone!

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK

So sorry for that bro, :(

Lol, wtf. I went to go check Steam to see what the hell that game was, when I see this:

YPWe5.png

I had heard the name before, so I wasn't surprised to see it in my library. Like me, you probably got it in the Indie Kids Pack from the 2010 Winter Sale.

Shurayuki

YPWe5.png

How could you not want to own the best magical horse raising sim on the market? I'm just waiting on a daily deal man, you're so lucky you already got it!

Nabs

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK
That really sucks :|

Dacvak

Who here does not own Half-Life 2 Episode Two, but owns or has played HL2 and HL2 Ep1?

I have an extra copy. Quote this and tell me why you deserve it. And what's the best soda.

HoosTrax

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK
3rd-party DRM: Games for Windows Live
Activation Limit: One per G4WL account
:\

I'm glad that I tried the Rayman demo and was reminded how terrible I am at platformers. The art style looks wonderful -- I'm just too terrible at the genre to be able to experience all (or even a significant portion) of the game I'm afraid.

I totally understand this sentiment, I find that there's a huge gap between 2D platform gaming and everything else in 3D ( like FPS, 3PS, Driving etc).

Even as an old school gamer I have a hard time going back to 2D platforming after countless hours of contemporary 3D gaming. Just the controls of pushing right on the D-pad or analog stick and timing your jumps and double jumps etc. seems so alien from everything else you're used to.

Koroviev

FUUCUUUCUCUCUCUUCIK

GFWL strikes again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom