• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know it was possible to reset someone's online profile.

I thought Steam games were saved to the cloud, and GFWL rankings were saved to the service.

But I'm staring right at it. No save file, no rankings. Gone. Everything. Gone.

Just start a new game, exit out, and navigate to your save game folder, you should see 2 save games that look something like this

e0000264dc05882b.sav

copy the name of the newest file (your new game) and then delete it and rename the older file (your original game) with the newer name you just copied and you should be good.

demidar

I'm probably being dumb and missed something, but will everything that has previously been on sale go on sale again at the end?

bonesquad

Who here does not own Half-Life 2 Episode Two, but owns or has played HL2 and HL2 Ep1?

I have an extra copy. Quote this and tell me why you deserve it. And what's the best soda.

Why do I deserve it? Because I said so.

I already own HL2:E2, but I couldn't resist. Also, ginger ale is the best sode even if it's just sprite and coke mixed together. Good luck proving that.

Ugh Im not quite sure if I like Alane Wake yet, hah I remember people complaining about the lip syncing when it released now I know what they meant.

I also still have a bastion steam code to give away if anyone doesnt own it yet =]

:O I'll take it if no one else.

Thanks guys!

I really dont have much experience with building games, but i think i would like to try one, they appear to be fun.

How are the quests? I mean, do i have a "direct" objective, or the point is to build the best city / island / whatever possible? I ask because usually i'm not to fond of "open" games, like The Sims.

dot

Who here does not own Half-Life 2 Episode Two, but owns or has played HL2 and HL2 Ep1?

I have an extra copy. Quote this and tell me why you deserve it. And what's the best soda.

I deserve this because i'm nice and awesome. I gift stuff to my friends without them asking. Oh, and best soda is Dr.Pepper obviously. :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I deserve this because i'm nice and awesome. I gift stuff to my friends without them asking. Oh, and best soda is Dr.Pepper obviously. :D

That was the answer I was looking for. =) PM me your email address.

HoosTrax

Thanks guys!

I really dont have much experience with building games, but i think i would like to try one, they appear to be fun.

How are the quests? I mean, do i have a "direct" objective, or the point is to build the best city / island / whatever possible? I ask because usually i'm not to fond of "open" games, like The Sims.
There is a fairly lengthy campaign that span across a bunch of different islands. And you are given specific objectives and optional subquests to complete. Or you can play it fully sandbox mode as well, ignoring the SP campaign.

Double

I played Tropico 3 tutorial somewhat ago, wasnt bad, then started what i think was the campagin where i had to produce some bananananas or something... and it was SO dull and boring. What happened there? What did i do wrong :( gotta go for skirmish mode?

edit: wow its impossible for me to spell that game right. Lets just go for the forth try.

Sajjaja

So what's the difference between the Ys games.... which one is better and worth getting even though I won't be getting them
cause I'm a poor, jobless student.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, continuing on with the GameSaveManager discussion, I realized when going through some settings that there's a Dropbox-esque service from Google called Google Drive. Similarly, it's totally free, and you get 5 gigs to start.

I highly recommend everyone get it. It seems super legit so far, and I trust Google with my life.

HoosTrax

So, continuing on with the GameSaveManager discussion, I realized when going through some settings that there's a Dropbox-esque service from Google called Google Drive. Similarly, it's totally free, and you get 5 gigs to start.

I highly recommend everyone get it. It seems super legit so far, and I trust Google with my life.
I trust Google...except when they decide to do away with services like iGoogle that I've used for years because they decide it's obsolete.

evilhomer

Thanks guys!

I usually don't do much with campaign but the sandbox mode still has plenty to do as problems and situations come about. Tropico is a great entry point with all it's Caribbean charm, it won't feel as dry as other building sim games.

Lyonaz

Driver San Francisco is fucking awesome! Thanks GAF.
Sure the stutter was balls, but playing in offline mode seems to fix it. So I was enjoying it when it all went smooth.

Also thanks wilflare for the Borderlands GOTY hookup.

Shurayuki

Ha, sounds nice, but I don't really like google (save for you know, google proper haha).

As for the bold, hehe you don't really have a choice nowadays do you, they already know everything about you anyways ;P

Dacvak

I trust Google...except when they decide to do away with services like iGoogle that I've used for years because they decide it's obsolete.

The heck is iGoogle?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just reasking in case it got buried, is this still happening? Seems like the most annoying thing in the world...
Not to me. I played for like 30 minutes today, without a problem. It even allowed me to download the patches and everything (first time running the game).

Have they fixed you yet? I've been up monitoring this thing since 6am. I've got a cart with stuff that has gone up in price and I'm not getting any answers. They asked me for a bunch of info and I sent that off at 7:14am but haven't heard a thing since. I've been filling the steam support email thread with purchases I'd like to make and the price I expect to pay for them.

Has anyone been reinstated and do they honor flash deals you missed due to them?

Here is a post in the DD thread that says they are blocking gifters and that they will unlock our account if we agree to never gift to anyone outside of the U.S. again. Sorry International GAF, we cant be friends anymore. I can only hope this doesn't result in a breakdown of diplomatic relations that leads to WW3.

Awesome how the global economy is only meant to benefit businesses.

Edit: I have not received any emails yet, nor has customer service responded to my ticket.

j-wood

Ugh GAF, every time I tell myself i'm going to get Crysis 1 instead of Driver (because of Uplay issues and no cop chase mode) 3 people come out saying how awesome the game is and I have to start rethinking my decision.

Dacvak

Ugh GAF, every time I tell myself i'm going to get Crysis 1 instead of Driver (because of Uplay issues and no cop chase mode) 3 people come out saying how awesome the game is and I have to start rethinking my decision.

Get both.

tumblr_leggcpyA4K1qc2qtyo1_500.gif

Speevy

Banned
Just start a new game, exit out, and navigate to your save game folder, you should see 2 save games that look something like this

e0000264dc05882b.sav

copy the name of the newest file (your new game) and then delete it and rename the older file (your original game) with the newer name you just copied and you should be good.

Hey guys, that worked!

Thank you so much man.

I'm still kinda pissed at GFWL though. What could have caused this?

Does Crysis ever prompt you to do this?

Me56r.jpg

I rest my case.

j-wood

Here is a post in the DD thread that says they are blocking gifters and that they will unlock our account if we agree to never gift to anyone outside of the U.S. again. Sorry International GAF, we cant be friends anymore. I can only hope this doesn't result in a breakdown of diplomatic relations that leads to WW3.

Awesome how the global economy is only meant to benefit businesses.

Edit: I have not received any emails yet, nor has customer service responded to my ticket.

Reading that thread though, it sounds like they are targeting users who buy something on sale, then resell it to someone in another country for a profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom