• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I got through Diablo is because I really enjoyed the lore, and I'm definitely willing to give the genre more chances. If Torchlight 1 is free when pre-ordering Torchlight 2, I think I might go that route. I trust GAF's recommendations that much.

tumblr_m6vfw9kXpl1r3zat8.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Casually interested in Driver. Can't decide...I never end up playing racing games...

Driver SF is currently slightly bugged due to Ubi's Uplay servers being overwhelmed, it freezes up ever 30-45 seconds for about 6 seconds unless you either play in offline mode or block Driver.exe from accessing the Ubi servers.

Does anyone remember the program that helped clean up the installation files for steam? It would get rid of all the extra stuff left over. I can't remember the name.

Cheddahz

Banned
Does anyone here have a spare copy of Dear Esther? I have $2.50 in my Steam wallet and I could get you anything you want that's $2.50 or lower

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man, Qube really takes a
Portal-y turn halfway through the game. Like when you start breaking through levels, and traveling to where you shouldn't be. Mirror's that game pretty specifically.

It's fun.

I've only bought ONE thing this sale. I feel twitchy, maybe I should get something to gift just to get something.

I could always push Faerie Solitaire onto more people. :)

My damage:

Total War: Shogun 2 - $7.49
Payday: The Heist - $4.99
Indie Bundle II - $9.99
Ys Origin - $7.99
Vessel - $3.74
X3: Terran Conflict - $3.99
Metro 2033 - $4.99
Serious Sam 3 BFE - $9.99
Cave Story+ - $2.49
Crysis - $5.99
Pendulo Adventure Pack - $14.99
Tiny Big - $5.99
Thief II - $2.49
The Longest Journey - #2.49
Galactic Civilizations II - $4.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $4.99

Total: $97.59

Gifts:

The Ship - Thanks Salsa!
DEFCON - Thanks friend who isn't on GAF!
Space Rangers 2: Reboot - Thanks friend who isn't on GAF!

---

I'm tempted by Divinity II, but it will make me cross my self-imposed $100 limit on the sale. I also wanted to pick up Ys: Oath in Felghana before the sale was over. Dang, decisions, decisions.

Also here's my Steam profile if everyone is still doing that: http://steamcommunity.com/id/polluxoil

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah I'd even recommend it if you're not THAT into racing games
Yeah, I heard something like that. I think I'll wait on the flash sale rotation and since I haven't bought anything today and yesterday, I'll get it.

Driver SF is currently slightly bugged due to Ubi's Uplay servers being overwhelmed, it freezes up ever 30-45 seconds for about 6 seconds unless you either play in offline mode or block Driver.exe from accessing the Ubi servers.
Wait, this still happens? Sounds unplayable...

Also, where did you get the Sona pic? I want one of Lux :3

Really curious about this, too. Anyone know?

Also here's mine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/blackMamba1187

The DoW2 stuff is split into three categories really;
- online multiplayer only skins (these are the dlcs that are things like "Dark Angel skinpack" - they ONLY show up in the multiplayer / skirmish game and are purely cosmetic)
- singleplayer wargear (these are basically a set of epic loot you start with in singleplayer; most of them are 'win button' wargear for your chosen races leader that you will probably still be mostly using until the end of the game)
- Last Stand equipment wargear, which often completely change up how you play as a given hero rather than being outright OP (with the possible exception of the space marine one which is phenomenally good)

If you play / are going to play the multiplayer game a lot, and want to differentiate your favourite team from others, and / or are a massive lore nerd, get the multiplayer skins for the team you like to use.

If you enjoy the singleplayer game, its pretty nice to have a full set of epic wargear for your commander from the get go, and it helps you outfit the rest of the squad quicker, but there's no new game + or anything, so when you finisht he campaign, you're done.

The Last Stand stuff is all nice enough in terms of slightly different build options, but there aren't that many viable builds to use in Last Stand, and most of the viable builds don't need DLC equipment to make (although some are better than others)

The one notable exception to all this is the Tau Commander DLC, which is genuinely new content for Last Stand in an entirely new hero with their own progression tree and equipment unlocks.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just a quick question since this thread is so active atm, do you need to have Halflife 2 installed to play one of the Episodes? I have HL2, but never bothered installing it on this rig since I completed it back in '05 but just got Ep1 today.

Platy

Thank you pink unicorn that my credit card is having some crazy problems ... or today's sales would have made a hole in my bank account of the size of a small country ...

Quantum Conundrum
Pretty prince of persia
Arkham City
Zumbi Mod
Rayman origins

Today is the best day

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wasnt a problem for me

im sure it's there though, but I never had one of those "OH C'MON FUCK YOU" moments

Pretty much. Although the AI isn't overly difficult for the most part (I bought the Shelby GT early into the game and didn't need/want to replace it until the 500,000 WP Lamborghini was available), of the races I did lose, I didn't consider the outcome to be the fault of anything other than my own mistake/s.

Grakl

Just a quick question since this thread is so active atm, do you need to have Halflife 2 installed to play one of the Episodes? I have HL2, but never bothered installing it on this rig since I completed it back in '05 but just got Ep1 today.

I believe you can play the Episodes without having Half Life 2.

Maaan Steam is like a deep vortex, you get sucked in and there's no turning back, not just the games you buy and add, adding friends, community, groups, shit just keeps getting added to your profile..(my virgin Steam profile is now all deflowered and worked in)

Type2

I missed both dragon age origins and vampire masquerade for $5 each, otherwise I got quite a haul.
Out of the things I bought ive started playing Tales of Monkey Island, Ys Origin and botanicula(which just makes me so giddy to play, I love the sounds)

zkylon

zkylewd
Nope, they're standalone.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
total damage:
anno 2070
audiosurf
batman arkham city
chantelise
crysis collection
deus ex hr
fear
fable the lost chapters
fallout new vegas
from dust
half life 2
half life 2 episode 1
half life 2 episode 2
just cause 2
metro 2033
mirror's edge
portal 2
prince of persia
Rage
rayman origins
stalker: call of pripyat
sanctum
civilization 5
super street fighter 4: ae
the witcher
the witcher 2
Ys origin
Ys the oath of felghana

gifted to me:
secret of the magic crystals
borderlands
bit trip runner
grand theft auto complete pack

gifted to others:
secret of the magic crystals x2
recettear

Can i be a pc gamer now?

Koroviev

total damage:
anno 2070
audiosurf
batman arkham city
chantelise
crysis collection
deus ex hr
fear
fable the lost chapters
fallout new vegas
from dust
half life 2
half life 2 episode 1
half life 2 episode 2
just cause 2
metro 2033
mirror's edge
portal 2
prince of persia
Rage
rayman origins
stalker: call of pripyat
sanctum
civilization 5
super street fighter 4: ae
the witcher
the witcher 2
Ys origin
Ys the oath of felghana

gifted to me:
secret of the magic crystals
borderlands
bit trip runner
grand theft auto complete pack

Can i be a pc gamer now?

You have the Ys games, proof enough that you're a good citizen. Consider Walking Dead, though.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
TnnuM.png

lol. I didn't realize this until a few minutes ago.

HoosTrax

I'm glad that I tried the Rayman demo and was reminded how terrible I am at platformers. The art style looks wonderful -- I'm just too terrible at the genre to be able to experience all (or even a significant portion) of the game I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom