• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Game rocks hard. I loved the original and was initially skeptical of some of the moves they removed for the Wizard, but O.M.G. What a masterpiece of a game. Much more refined gameplay and the world they created... absolutely breathtaking. What a magical creation. And if you can play it in 3D, probably my favorite use of 3D ever. Once it starts getting going, it hits a peak of creativity that's just otherworldly.

Detox

The gifting ban thread on steam forums has been locked by a moderator due to the topic starter offering no proof apart from anecdotal evidence. I don't think it is true until somebody posts the message they received from Valve explicitly telling them to to not gift overseas.

The Love. I am feeling it today. My first random gift (outside of a birthday present).

3mz42.jpg

Thanks Grim! Put a smile on this gamers dial.

b3GO0.jpg

PLEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE repeat Dead Rising 2 OTR sale, god damn I'm so sad I missed the flash :( :( :(
It's Capcom, so I dunno if it will make a return... ):

Koroviev

How bad is the Driver DRM? It's not that always-online crap, is it? I'm interested in the game, but I don't want to put up with anything on the level of GFWL.

Mrbob

Game rocks hard. I loved the original and was initially skeptical of some of the moves they removed for the Wizard, but O.M.G. What a masterpiece of a game. Much more refined gameplay and the world they created... absolutely breathtaking. What a magical creation. And if you can play it in 3D, probably my favorite use of 3D ever. Once it starts getting going, it hits a peak of creativity that's just otherworldly.

Love Trine 2. Can't wait for the upcoming expansion. Bought it at launch and got my moneys worth. People who bought it for $3.74 got a steal!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How bad is the Driver DRM? It's not that always-online crap, is it? I'm interested in the game, but I don't want to put up with anything on the level of GFWL.

Always online got patched out but you still need to launch the game through Uplay.

Still waiting on that Mount & Blade: Warband and Shogun 2 repeats. Warband may still have a chance as a flash deal, but its probably too late for Shogun 2. =(

I'm at a loss in terms of Dawn of War 2 DLC. There's way too much of it! I just have the base game and haven't gotten into it yet, would I be best off buying Chaos Rising and Retribution and ignoring everything else?

Gala

Still looking for some nice russian feller that can help me out with the Transformers game. It's over 40% cheaper in Russia! Please help me complete my steam sale.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Those birds in Bastion can eat a dick.

No pattern, no recovery, no nothing.

Lyonaz

Still waiting on that Mount & Blade: Warband and Shogun 2 repeats. Warband may still have a chance as a flash deal, but its probably too late for Shogun 2. =(

Shogun 2 already went 2 times I think, so low chance for that one. I bought the Total War mega pack so I'm all set until winter sales, where Shogun 2 will be cheaper by then I hope.

Im_Special

With that TikiOne Steam Cleaner, can I safely erase all the redistributables? That's something like >1.7 Gigabyte for me :eek:

They can be safely deleted after you have ran the game at least once, they are never needed after the first time startup. Also if you ever need them back for whatever reason just verify game cache and Steam will redownload them.

Just finished Modern Warfare 3 campaign on Steam [got it from the sale], was worth playing again for the better graphics (played on 360 before, I have a great PC now)

Thought of starting up Company of Heroes, but I haven't played in nearly 2 years after getting stuck of mission 12 according to the save file (out of 15 according to online). Should I just restart the game because I have a much better rig then I did then and/or because remembering the beginning will be important for later on.

Petrie

Banned
Since Steam isn't going to let me buy Arma 2 because it fucking hates me, instead, I guess I'll give away some games I have in my inventory. We'll start with a copy of Sequence. We'll make this one where I guess the first person to quote me gets it, keep it simple.

Aaron

There's a big problem with Driver SF right now. Since the recent uplay update, The game will pause once every ten minutes. Currently the only solution is to block the .exe with windows firewall. This fixes single player, but you won't be able to access multiplayer. They'll probably fix it eventually, but it's just another problem with uplay garbage. It's the worst DRM ever devised, especially when all of Ubi's games have been cracked anyway.

Shogun 2 already went 2 times I think, so low chance for that one. I bought the Total War mega pack so I'm all set until winter sales, where Shogun 2 will be cheaper by then I hope.

Yeah, that's what i figured as well. I too have gotten the Total War mega pack, and I just wanted Shogun 2 to complete the set. Though perhaps its a good thing to save Shogun for the winter sale, as that would leave me more time to enjoy the other games in the series.

Sajjaja

Since Steam isn't going to let me buy Arma 2 because it fucking hates me, instead, I guess I'll give away some games I have in my inventory. We'll start with a copy of Sequence. We'll make this one where I guess the first person to quote me gets it, keep it simple.

NOOO IM ON THE TOILET.....

Hey I quoted... thankfully its not hidden in the post xD

wilflare

5:20am.. i'm going to sleep
let me know if you need help later with Regional Gifting :D
:/

EDIT: Thanks Ledsen for the Final Hours of Portal 2 :D

Koroviev

Another Driver question: how demanding is it?

I meet all of the recommended requirements, save for the fact that I have an Athlon X2 250 running at 3.0 GHz. My native resolution is 1920 x 1080, so I'm not sure how much wiggle room I have. I don't play games at sub-native res :x

1-D_FTW

Love Trine 2. Can't wait for the upcoming expansion. Bought it at launch and got my moneys worth. People who bought it for $3.74 got a steal!

Yeah. Considering how much I liked the first, I kind of feel bad for being such a cheapskate about it. 3.74 is an absolute steal.

marrec

Banned
Question:

Evochron Mercenary VS Xcom 3

I love games in this style but Dark Star One didn't capture my imagination quite like Elite and some of the older space sims did.

If I had to buy one of the two above, which would it be?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6330

It was on a flash sale earlier, so you may want to hold out and see if it shows up again before the end of the sale. Game's quite a bit more complex than Freelancer, but its great.

Probably the closest one to Freelancer is Darkstar One, but if you'd rather focus on trading, then there's the X series and Evochron Mercenary.

I don't think I've ever played Freelancer but you're probably for something like the X series.
It's the deepest, richest, most profoundly confusing space sim complete with fighting in ships the size of an ant up to one's the size of planets and an economy system as deep as a black hole. Every ship in the game you can own and fly, every space station and factory you can build yourself.

You really only need to look at X3: Terran conflict (and maybe the expansion Albion), it's everything the others have and more, and the story is probably bunk anyways.

Cheers guys, I always thought the X games were more more combat based, although reading around it seems that its not the case.

Darkstar One also seems to be on offer with Patrician III and The Great Rat Race for £2.03, so might invest in that (Patrician III seems my type of game as well). I'll put X3 Terran Conflict on the wishlist for now and see if it comes up on offer before the sale ends.

Mrbob

I'm at a loss in terms of Dawn of War 2 DLC. There's way too much of it! I just have the base game and haven't gotten into it yet, would I be best off buying Chaos Rising and Retribution and ignoring everything else?

Yes. Most of it is multiplayer skin stuff. There are a couple Last Stand items if you play that mode. If not, skip it.

Xater

For me the DRM causes game freezes and that has been the case for a lot of other users. I would recommend to stay away. I am actually trying to get my money back for it.

MRORANGE

Well looks like I am out of buying anything else, don't care for the last day, SFxT was never going to be on sale, anyway the last 6 games I bought:

BssX8.png

No regrets!

Koroviev

For me the DRM causes game freezes and that has been the case for a lot of other users. I would recommend to stay away. I am actually trying to get my money back for it.

Isn't there a way to circumvent it? I saw people posting about it earlier.

Well looks like I am out of buying anything else, don't care for the last day, SFxT was never going to be on sale, anyway the last 6 games I bought:

BssX8.png

No regrets!

I see Ys. Good man.

j-wood

And then we have posts like this, swaying me back to crysis...round and round I go :( lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

BssX8.png

No regrets!

Wait until you start fighting some of those Ys bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom