• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like they're only targeting people who have a significant history of gifting overseas. I doubt this will become THAT much of an issue, as long as more and more people step up to occasionally help out their fellow foreigner.

Well, for what its worth, since GreenManGaming wouldnt let me check out using any method for some reason (only website Ive ever used that simply would NOT let me check out), GAFer MrTeachwood assisted me in obtaining a copy of The Last Remnant. In return, hooked him up with 2 copies of Fallout: NV. He's from Austrailia, Im from the US.

ZZMitch

Army II sale, but not enough for me to bite. I will wait until next summer when the mod will surely be better than it is now.

No Mass Effect 2 sale makes me sad, that is the game I wanted the most out of every thing on Steam for this sale and it isn't going to happen... I guess I can buy it for 10 bucks but I know it has been 5 dollars in past sales so it kind of sucks.

Remember when buying ARMA II you're getting more than just a Day Z simulator. There's an actual full game there that has had a following for years before Day Z was released.

Yeah, this kind of irks me a bit. Arma II is a fantastic game in of itself. The coop missions you can do are great. I think a lot of you guys are vastly over estimating what DayZ is and will more than likely get frustrated and call it quits. Remember, it is alpha, and there is a hell of a lot of jank. You will die. A lot. But once you get the idea of how to do weapon/item runs, it kinda becomes boring to tell ya the truth. There is no goal, so you find yourself making a goal, which is usually make/steal a vehicle, which is a hell of a lot of fun too. Anywho, I bought a mumble that I donated for everyone to use if you check it out on the DayZ Op page. Don't broadcast our mumble though, 2 months ago, we where being ghosted by a group of people that essentially destroyed our camp, so I decided to get a GAF only mumble.

j-wood

Has anyone calculated up just how much they saved?

I've got 10 dollars left in my wallet and to this point, i've spend $90 on the following games:

Max Payne (gift)
Max Payne 2
Bastion
Torchlight
Dungeon Defenders (gift) + DLC
Shoot Many Robots (gift)
Hitman: Blood Money
Saints Row: The Third + DLC
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Trine 2
Renegade Ops + DLC
Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light + DLC
Darksiders
FallOut: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Serious Sam 3
Driver: San Francisco

The total cost of that (with no sale pricing) is roughly a whopping $365 dollars.

x3sphere

Haul:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Double Fine Bundle
Dear Esther
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Trine 2
Painkiller Complete Pack - Feb 2012 (RoW)
Ys Origin
Plants vs. Zombies
Alice Madness Returns
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Spent $59 total. I'm done now until winter sale.

MasLegio

Banned
"banning" regional gifting is stupid, just fix and have uniform prices around the world for DD first (althought I know that ball isnt on Valve's court).

actually it was on Valve's court until they (Valve) decided to bring regional pricing and other curencies to Steam (making games over 40% more expensive to me and other EU citizens)

I have not bought a single new fullprice game on Steam since this 1$=1€ betrayal

fuck valve

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So finally bought Ys the Oath in Felghana, the question is, should I play first felghana or origins?

They're both good games and the stories are not connected. Oath came out first and has a more traditional RPG structure with towns and whatnot whereas Origin just takes place in a tower.

Either is fine.

Has this been posted yet?

Young Gabe.

C2zibh.jpg

ARMA II is always in the top five sold, no matter the discount, and you think they're not smart? Really?

Gamers philosophy when it comes to the price of a games is easy. As cheap as possible and reasonable... but 15-18 for ARMA 2 CO is not reasonable for a 2 years old game. A 10ner for Arma2 CO and everyone would have bought this game believe me.

I will wait for the standalone version of the game. All i hear about dayz is bugs anyway.

Koroviev

Still need to know how Driver will preform on a dual-core processor.

Specs:
GTX 460
4GB RAM
Athlon X2 250 @ 3.0 GHz
1080 resolution

I don't need to run it at the highest settings or anything. If I can run it at native res on medium settings with some AA, then that would be just fine.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If only the arma 2 from GMG worked with steam / the expansion pack. I could be happy!

Guess I will pick up rayman today and pretty much call it quits. Not a lot purchased during this sale that's for sure.

Cheddahz

Banned
Do you guys think Ys: Origin will go on sale again before the sale ends? I think I'm getting close to the end of Ys: Oath and I would like to play some more Ys games

Koroviev

Do you guys think Ys: Origin will go on sale again before the sale ends? I think I'm getting close to the end of Ys: Oath and I would like to play some more Ys games

It might go on sale again either today or tomorrow. If it doesn't, just buy it tomorrow night. It's great.

Aaron

Still need to know how Driver will preform on a dual-core processor.

Specs:
GTX 460
4GB RAM
Athlon X2 250 @ 3.0 GHz
1080 resolution

I don't need to run it at the highest settings or anything. If I can run it at native res on medium settings with some AA, then that would be just fine.
It'll run fine. It's not demanding graphically.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Played a bunch of Day Z. Never met another human (besides when there were hackers warping us). Still have yet to find a gun.

This game may be just a bit too survivory for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom