• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurayuki

Those birds in Bastion can eat a dick.

No pattern, no recovery, no nothing.

You mean they can suck a bag of dicks.

They can be safely deleted after you have ran the game at least once, they are never needed after the first time startup. Also if you ever need them back for whatever reason just verify game cache and Steam will redownload them.

Ran the game once huh...Oh oh.

Okay then, I'll just do it when I run out of space (still have a bit) and if I run into a game that needed it I can just hit verify cache, should work. Thanks.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Late to the day, but I was hoping ArmaII would get a bigger discount, I'm essentially all out for what I was aiming to spend this summer on sales, and at £15 I would rather spend that much on something I will get more for the price.

MRORANGE

SFxT 75% off tomorrow confirmed

YipuI.gif

marrec

Banned
Wait until you start fighting some of those Ys bosses.

"This game is really easy! None of these enemies are proving a challenge... at least the dungeon design is pretty cool."

"Oh hey a boss, time to button mash my way through this... oh god what's it doing? Wait, is that how much health it has?! IT TAKES OFF THAT MUCH PER HIT?! OH SHIT I'M DEAD!"

Thought of starting up Company of Heroes, but I haven't played in nearly 2 years after getting stuck on mission 12 according to the save file (out of 15 according to online). Should I just restart the game because I have a much better rig then I did then and/or because remembering the beginning will be important for later on.

for the new page. I'm wondering cause maybe I should just finish this one up and play Opposing Fronts after. Or is CoH pretty replayable?

Koroviev

Yeah. Like I said before you need to set up a rule in the firewall to block driver.exe. It only takes a few minutes, but you won't be able to play multiplayer.

Can I still chat with people on Steam? I don't care about the game's mp component. I only do co-op, lol.

geeko

Arma II or Rayman origins. I just don't know what to choose. I love FPS, but am afraid arma II might be to complicated that it turns me off, plus it is only a beta and might be better to wait for the winter sale. Help me gaf!

marrec

Banned
Arma II or Rayman origins. I just don't know what to choose. I love FPS, but am afraid arma II might be to complicated that it turns me off, plus it is only a beta and might be better to wait for the winter sale. Help me gaf!

Remember when buying ARMA II you're getting more than just a Day Z simulator. There's an actual full game there that has had a following for years before Day Z was released.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Depends what you're looking for, both are great games, but you'll probably get more bang for your buck with ARMA 2. DayZ is fantastic of course, but there's a whole other game there to for you to play and there are a lot of other really cool mods for ARMA 2 besides DayZ.

Rayman Origins is a great, fun game. It might be worth it if you have lan as well since the multiplayer is fantastic.

c0Zm1c

Don't forget that DayZ will be released as a standalone game at some point (correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said they hope to release it around September?) You will probably have to buy it again then because I presume updates to the Arma II mod will cease at that point.

j-wood

No 66% flash deal possible? Alright I suppose I'll bite.

Typically, no matter if a game is a flash, daily or vote, whatever percentage you see in one of those is what it will be in all of them. I don't think any game this sale has violated that rule.

Card Boy

Banned
Command and Conquer Generals is my favroite C&C game. Which one on Steam is like that? I know C&C4 is the black sheep. So should i get Tiberian Wars or Red Alert 3?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Any of you who bought Morrowind, I recommend the texture and graphical overhaul mod. It REALLY changes up the game. In fact, I'm taking big FPS hits outside with all the new foilage and i have a good rig. Makes the game so much more immersive.

RedSwirl

Think I'm gonna pass on ArmA. I actually already own the base game and probably won't get back to it for a very long time, probably after the next sale.

rybrad

Rayman Origins will bring a feeling of joy and happiness to your life while playing. Who couldn't use more of that?

1-D_FTW

this is the kind of stuff that made me hold out on a deal

I think it's crappy that they're refusing to discount further only based on the fact that the game is doing well because of a free mod

Yeah. The modders have to be kicking themselves. That thing went viral so quickly. If they could have had it as a stand-along game, they could have been charging 15 dollars and been absolutely destroying. Seen in an article the other day that there were 700,000 players for the mod. The amount of money they're printing for Bohemia is kind of sad.

Card Boy

Banned
this is the kind of stuff that made me hold out on a deal

I think it's crappy that they're refusing to discount further only based on the fact that the game is doing well because of a free mod

Wouldnt you do this? I know i would. The game was selling at full price before the Steam sale due to the mod, even at a measly 20% off the game was still top dog in the top 3. It makes no financial sense to give players a even bigger discount when they are willing to gobble it up at close to full price.

Salsa

Yeah. The modders have to be kicking themselves. That thing went viral so quickly. If they could have had it as a stand-along game, they could have been charging 15 dollars and been absolutely destroying. Seen in an article the other day that there were 700,000 players for the mod. The amount of money they're printing for Bohemia is kind of sad.

main guy behind the mod works at Bohemia

but my point still stands

Wouldnt you do this? I know i would.

well, I can obviously only speak from customer perspective and in that regard it's crappy. Also I dont think I'd do it. Having a good relationship with the community is more important than a few extra bucks, specially when you have a new game coming out soon. The financial sense isnt the only one there is.

Im just saying discount it a little bit more so it passes the "impulse buy" line for some users

Aaron

I thought the mod was made by one of the Bohemia devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom