• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjord

Holy shit Total War Shogun 2 is hardcore. Do the tutorial...got it, then the campain throws me into a totally different, more Civ-y situation. Dunno what to do at all. At least to start with, I need a voice or something telling me and guiding me with what to do, and how to do it.

But there is a voice telling you every step and guiding your first several turns? Maybe only if you start with the archers on the south island.

Can someone explain Arma II to me? Are people excited about it for the Day Z mod?

Bad rats and garshap are obvious ones, and classics.

Farm sim and project runway are personal favorites.

But one of the great things about Steam os that there are tooooonnsss of them. Just search around, pretty easy to find some.

If only farm sims were under $2.. then they would be being gifted to a few of my mates. lol

Esch

Banned
So guys, I think im basically done with the sale now. What should I play first?

Risen
Amnesia
Alan Wake
Torchlight
Fallout: NV
Mount and Blade With Fire and Sword

Petrie

Banned
Alright. Just sent out the first of the gifts I shall give away in celebration of Steam hating my face, and not letting me buy Arma, enjoy Sequence Sajjaja! Now for the 2nd gift, I have a copy of the original Worms for the 1st person who guesses the number I'm thinking of, between 1 and 10.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jesus Yoshi, how many games have you gotten gifted? :p
It's frikkin' ridiculous ._. I love SteamGAF so much... and I'm really doing my best to play all the games... played 9 hours of Bastion today (LOVING IT!) and I'm planning on completing it today + starting another game that's been sent as a gift!

Thank you once again, everyone ♥ !!!

Sajjaja

BTW, I'm calling it right now: the next Flash Deal will be Demigod.

You have been warned :)

I'm gonna hold you to it :p

Alright. Just sent out the first of the gifts I shall give away in celebration of Steam hating my face, and not letting me buy Arma, enjoy Sequence Sajjaja! Now for the 2nd gift, I have a copy of the original Worms for the 1st person who guesses the number I'm thinking of, between 1 and 10.

Thanks mate :D

j-wood

Knock Knock.
Who's There?
Ys.
Ys who?
Ys Guys.

I'm sorry for this horrible terrible joke guys, but I said that outloud and just died laughing

Jzero

It's frikkin' ridiculous ._. I love SteamGAF so much... and I'm really doing my best to play all the games... played 9 hours of Bastion today (LOVING IT!) and I'm planning on completing it today + starting another game that's been sent as a gift!

Thank you once again, everyone ♥ !!!

PopularGAF is really lucky.

Addnan

Gaf love <3 Thank you sir.

MSQoD.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Voting for Ys Origin for SteamGAF! It's an excellent game (although it can get ridiculously hard on hard difficulty :lol), everyone should play it!

CRS

I think I'm finally done with the sale. I'll have to sleep on Arma II but I think I've bought everything else that I could want from this sale.

Only games I'm on the fence available right now are Dungeon Defenders, Arma II, Dear Esther, and Serious Sam 3.

I won't be able to do anything co-op until another couple of months because of where I live so that's what's holding me back on a couple of those games.

Sianos

BELIEVE

Kuroyume

Banned
Gave my vote to Ys also. Not going to buy it though at least not now. Down the line when it's cheaper. Good luck to those that want it. Up against Star Wars. A popular Star Wars game at that.

Shurayuki

Jesus Yoshi, how many games have you gotten gifted? :p

He's lying, he's actually using his tongue to swallow all these peoples games into his librabry, Steam just thinks they've gifted the games :eek:

how can you not want to make yoshi happy, more gifts!

Jzero

BiggNife

Everyone please vote for Ys: Origin. I'm hoping this will also put Ys: Oath on sale

Hate to break this to you but there is literally no way in hell KOTOR won't win that poll. Most popular game always wins.

Also I don't think Oath is going lower than 50%, when Origin was a flash deal Oath stayed at the same price. I'll definitely end up getting it the last day if it's not a daily.

Derrick01

Banned
Any guess what the 2 summer badges will do (community and Sumer sale 2012)?

Absolutely nothing. It's part of the reason why I hate this sale so much. I would much rather have another achievement challenge that puts me in the running to win free stuff than stupid badges that no one will ever look at or give a shit about, including me.

blazeuk

Not something i'm going to buy, but voted Ys.

After reading a lot of the positive comments on Dear Esther, i'm thinking I might add that to my list of purchases.

bigace33

I voted Origin, but my heart is with KOTOR. Lame ending aside, it is a magnificent game that should be experienced by every RPG fan in the world. Not ys, Kotor.

ShaneB

Thanks to GoingGreen, aka WiiDsmoker for gifting me Dear Esther out of the blue!

It was on my wishlist, but was going to pass on it given the lack of gameness I hear, but with so much praise, it'll be nice to check it out!

Thank you Sir!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thanks Shintoki for Ys!

I tried to resist Day Z since I have so much to play right now, but that didn't go very well. I'm a little late to the phenomenon but I love survival elements in games so it seems like something I could get really into. Looks like the download will take forever :(.

Type2

So guys, I think im basically done with the sale now. What should I play first?

Risen
Amnesia
Alan Wake
Torchlight
Fallout: NV
Mount and Blade With Fire and Sword

Save amnesia for late nights ;]
Id recommend Torchlight or Fallout NV or you can join me in our first playthrough of alan wake(which so far im iffy about tbh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom