• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
So guys, I think im basically done with the sale now. What should I play first?

Risen
Amnesia
Alan Wake
Torchlight
Fallout: NV
Mount and Blade With Fire and Sword

Halp gaf, i am drowning in videogame possibilities @_@
Save amnesia for late nights ;]
Id recommend Torchlight or Fallout NV or you can join me in our first playthrough of alan wake(which so far im iffy about tbh)
is there like a gaf playthrough thread, thanks btw

Shurayuki

Any guess what the 2 summer badges will do (community and Sumer sale 2012)? Or is it just e-peen enlarging?

Never thought of community as a summer thing, do you reckon it will go away? still have stuff to do (since it didn't count that i've already done everything for the last sales >_>)

Edgeward

Vote for Ys!

Also Driver SF is fucking nuts. I wish they told you your abilities right from the get go. I spent so much damn time on the first chase mission because it didn't tell/unlock for me the boost and charge/ram abilities

Game is crazy fun though, even if the driving mechanics feel off to me.

Alright. Just sent out the first of the gifts I shall give away in celebration of Steam hating my face, and not letting me buy Arma, enjoy Sequence Sajjaja! Now for the 2nd gift, I have a copy of the original Worms for the 1st person who guesses the number I'm thinking of, between 1 and 10.

8?

Derrick01

Banned
I voted Origin, but my heart is with KOTOR. Lame ending aside, it is a magnificent game that should be experienced by every RPG fan in the world. Not ys, Kotor.

It's really not that good of a game. It has the plot twist and HK going for it, that's about it. Bad combat, bad graphics (obviously, it's old), mediocre story around the plot twist and boring characters excluding HK.

That being said I'd rather that win instead of Ys.

Alright. Just sent out the first of the gifts I shall give away in celebration of Steam hating my face, and not letting me buy Arma, enjoy Sequence Sajjaja! Now for the 2nd gift, I have a copy of the original Worms for the 1st person who guesses the number I'm thinking of, between 1 and 10.

Since Ys is hot topic now, anyone else has really bad framedrops during bosses and when there are multiple enemies? I have a good pc that has no trouble playing much more graphical games on highest settings, so maybe the game is poorly optimized or something?

Cheddahz

Banned
Since Ys is hot topic now, anyone else has really bad framedrops during bosses and when there are multiple enemies? I have a good pc that has no trouble playing much more graphical games on highest settings, so maybe the game is poorly optimized or something?

Are you playing on full screen?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
XCncu.png

After getting random adds from these GAFfers and receiving this, Dustforce from Mikor and Zen of Sudoku from Caliblue15 I think I've had my dose of good karma for the day. Thanks Salsa! ;) People can add you randomly with good intentions, don't always have to be suspicious. :)

XCncu.png

After getting random adds from these GAFfers and receiving this, Dustforce from Mikal and Zen of Sudoku from Caliblue15 I think I've had my dose of good karma for the day. Thanks Salsa! ;)

Wow, that's so amazing!
Ys Felghana is already 66% off. Don't know if that's well known or not.
Yes it is, I bought it at 66% because I know it won't go down further.

Glad to see many voting for Ys! go go!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Knock Knock.
Who's There?
Ys.
Ys who?
Ys Guys.

I'm sorry for this horrible terrible joke guys, but I said that outloud and just died laughing

That actually doesn't work... it's pronounced "ees" and not "whys."

But voting for this game should be an Ysy decision.

Sajjaja

XCncu.png

After getting random adds from these GAFfers and receiving this, Dustforce from Mikal and Zen of Sudoku from Caliblue15 I think I've had my dose of good karma for the day. Thanks Salsa! ;) People can add you randomly with good intentions, don't always have to be suspicious. :)

Daayyyyyyyummmmmmmmmmmm

Nert

After seeing all of the generosity in this thread, I wanted to join the fun by giving away three different games. I'm going to ask for personal recommendations on three random topics. The first person that responds to each topic with some kind of reasoning behind their recommendation can PM their email address to receive a game (I will announce the winners here). No person can win more than once, so only address what you know best!

1) To win Botanicula

For people that are into politics: I want to learn more about the issues facing the U.S education system and how they could be addressed. The first person to recommend a comprehensive, non-partisan book about this topic (with a brief summary or overview about the book) will receive Botanicula.

2) To win Super Meat Boy

For people that are familiar with Southern California: I recently moved to Ventura County and I'm trying to find a great pizza place. The first person to recommend at least three pizza places to me that are located in Ventura County (with a brief description of their style/specialty) will receive Super Meat Boy.

3) To win VVVVVV

For people that are into rap/hip-hop: I listen to a lot of rap music (Kanye West, The Roots, Lupe Fiasco, Killer Mike, etc.), but I'm not very familiar with the genre's history. The first person to recommend three albums released before the year 2000 that are deemed essential listens (with a sentence describing each) will receive VVVVVV.

Giran

I voted for Ys because while I think KotOR is a simply charming and fantastic game, it's been on sale pretty much on every sale before.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see so many gaffers vote for Ys.

'Cause you'd better for Ys, or else
I'm going to be very disappointed :(

Salsa

XCncu.png

After getting random adds from these GAFfers and receiving this, Dustforce from Mikal and Zen of Sudoku from Caliblue15 I think I've had my dose of good karma for the day. Thanks Salsa! ;) People can add you randomly with good intentions, don't always have to be suspicious. :)

damn deserved

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

That's not really normal, it doesn't require very powerful hardware at all. So you definitely have an issue/conflict somewhere.

Mikor

Isn't it in the Popcap Bundle? Just select it from there.

Yeah, I mean as a standalone, better discount. Similar to what we've seen from Plants vs Zombies and Bejeweled 3, already.

XCncu.png

Never before have I seen my username misspelled so many times on a single page!

I got a few framerate drops here and there, but nothing major. I'm running Ivy Bride i7, 7850 HD, and 8 GB RAM. Certainly isn't my specs.

I'm running it on 1920x1080 and everything as high as it can go.

Cheddahz

Banned
Damn, I wish a random stranger would gift me Dark Souls :(

Oh well, I have it on the 360, with horrible framerate.....

The dude did deserve it though

Razek

Banned
Voted Dungeon Siege III

Nah just kidding I voted Ys. If it wins I might pick it up to make it my last game of the sale.

bigace33

Awesome.

Bigfoot

Has L4D2 been a daily deal yet? Doesn't look like it, but I may have missed it. I already own it but have some friends that I'm trying to convince to pick it up if it goes any cheaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom