• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
XCncu.png

After getting random adds from these GAFfers and receiving this, Dustforce from Mikal and Zen of Sudoku from Caliblue15 I think I've had my dose of good karma for the day. Thanks Salsa! ;) People can add you randomly with good intentions, don't always have to be suspicious. :)
You're frikkin' amazing Xelios, you deserve this 100%!

Artofwar420

You guys are convincing me to get the Ys games on the soundtrack alone. Managed to not buy them before, might not be so strong this time around.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ys The Oath in Felghana probably won't drop lower than its current price you guys. 5 bucks isn't a bad price for it either.

Koroviev

Since Ys is hot topic now, anyone else has really bad framedrops during bosses and when there are multiple enemies? I have a good pc that has no trouble playing much more graphical games on highest settings, so maybe the game is poorly optimized or something?

I haven't experienced any performance issues.

XCncu.png

After getting random adds from these GAFfers and receiving this, Dustforce from Mikal and Zen of Sudoku from Caliblue15 I think I've had my dose of good karma for the day. Thanks Salsa! ;) People can add you randomly with good intentions, don't always have to be suspicious. :)
People are so nice on Steam. I have never been gifted an unreleased game before, but just last week I was gifted every Half-life and nearly died. Ive been desperately wanting Dark Souls, but I just got laid off (just got the call an hour ago) and am officially done with buying games for a few months. It was my most hyped game too dammit! Oh well, I guess my friends will be seeing Rambotipelto (my Steam name if anyone wants to add me) playing a lot of old games for a long time, hahaha.

Since Ys is hot topic now, anyone else has really bad framedrops during bosses and when there are multiple enemies? I have a good pc that has no trouble playing much more graphical games on highest settings, so maybe the game is poorly optimized or something?
Hm. Can't say I've ever had frame rate problems with it... ):

http://i.imgur.com/XCncu.png[IMG]

After getting random adds from these GAFfers and receiving this, Dustforce from Mikal and Zen of Sudoku from Caliblue15 I think I've had my dose of good karma for the day. Thanks Salsa! ;) People can add you randomly with good intentions, don't always have to be suspicious. :)[/QUOTE]
Awesome! :D

[quote="Cheddahz, post: 40120047"]Damn, I wish a random stranger would gift me Dark Souls :(

Oh well, I have it on the 360, with horrible framerate.....

[spoiler]The dude did deserve it though[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
I just noticed, congrats on making it out of junior status!

Razek

Banned
XCncu.png

Gaf is the best.

Petrie

Banned
Alright. Just sent out the first of the gifts I shall give away in celebration of Steam hating my face, and not letting me buy Arma, enjoy Sequence Sajjaja! Now for the 2nd gift, I have a copy of the original Worms for the 1st person who guesses the number I'm thinking of, between 1 and 10.

Nobody got the right number yet. Shocked actually.

Save amnesia for late nights ;]
Id recommend Torchlight or Fallout NV or you can join me in our first playthrough of alan wake(which so far im iffy about tbh)

I'm preparing myself to install Amnesia with the intention of only playing it at night, and I have a big window right behind me that looks onto the street with random noises and scratches from the possums or birds that find their way into my roof... gonna need a bit more psychological preparation i think.

XCncu.png

Who needs steam badges when you've got that baby sitting in your library! Nice karma catch, hope we all enjoy the rest of the sale without too many repeats and maybe a surprise bang to finish the sale off (a final day return sale if anything).

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
3) To win VVVVVV

For people that are into rap/hip-hop: I listen to a lot of rap music (Kanye West, The Roots, Lupe Fiasco, Killer Mike, etc.), but I'm not very familiar with the genre's history. The first person to recommend three albums released before the year 2000 that are deemed essential listens (with a sentence describing each) will receive VVVVVV.

I'm not really into rap, so I can't recommend 3 albums, but I can recommend Grandmaster Flash, one of the originators of Rap/Hip Hop. Classic bass lines from the 70s with his play on words. The rest is history.

Two tracks really worth listening to of his. These are like full fledged novels in rap form.

White Lines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChjLMbXVrU

Beat Street Breakdown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKyEK0dH5M

Salsa

Im so damn "on the fence" about Dark Souls btw. I want it real bad and want to support the PC version, but the idea of losing my save thanks to GFWL (happened before with other games, twice) terrifies me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Never before have I seen my username misspelled so many times on a single page!

Holy shit you're right!

Thanks to Mikor for Dustforce! Haha sorry dude, I have someone right above you named Mikal, Mika, Michal something on my list. :( I feel terrible.

hlhbk

I just started playing The Ys: The Oath in Felghana and all I gotta say is WOW! Its amazing! I sure hope origins wins the vote!!!

bigace33

To win VVVVVV

For people that are into rap/hip-hop: I listen to a lot of rap music (Kanye West, The Roots, Lupe Fiasco, Killer Mike, etc.), but I'm not very familiar with the genre's history. The first person to recommend three albums released before the year 2000 that are deemed essential listens (with a sentence describing each) will receive VVVVVV.

1. Ice Cube: Amerikkka's Most Wanted- the definitive Gangster rap album of the 90's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZC_BXP4Fc

2. Raekwon: Only Built for Cuban Links - Considered by many to be the best album ever to come out of the Wu (Wutang clan) camp. The production on the Album is top notch, done by the RZA, the same guy who did the Ghost Dog and Kill Bill Soundtracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3pQFmfLDzE

3. Mobb Deep: The Infamous - Nothing much needs to be said about this album, not a single song needs to be skipped. Sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NUX4tW5pps

Koroviev

Im so damn "on the fence" about Dark Souls btw. I want it real bad and want to support the PC version, but the idea of losing my save thanks to GFWL (happened before with other games, twice) terrifies me.

From what I understand, they've been struggling to even iron out the technical issues. Add GFWL to the equation, and I think I'd rather have the PS3 version.

Nert

1. Ice Cube: Amerikkka's Most Wanted- the definitive Gangster rap album of the 90's

2. Raekwon: Only Built for Cuban Links - Considered by many to be the best album ever to come out of the Wu (Wutang clan) camp. The production on the Album is top notch, done by the RZA, the same guy who did the Ghost Dog and Kill Bill Soundtracks

3. Mobb Deep: The Infamous - Nothing much needs to be said about this album, not a single song needs to be skipped. Sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NUX4tW5pps

Congratulations, bigace33, on winning VVVVVV! PM your email address or add me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/NertGAF) and I'll send you the code. I'll be sure to give these all of these a listen.

(I also appreciate your response, Gen X, but you didn't recommend three albums as you acknowledged).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
you know what would be cool? All Zombies Must Die surprise flash deal. I have enough left for that.
It's part of Indie Bundle X, and 3.99 (60% off) on it's own :p

Oh my god, I feel pretty terrible for this yet I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. At, literally the exact same time both DukeBobby and WiiDSmoker (GoingGreen on NeoGAF) both gifted me Dear Esther:
Thanks to both of you but I'm pretty ashamed that I ended up with two so I'm going to, of course, give the game to any GAF member that has it on his wishlist already. The first person to quote this with their SteamProfile ID URL, that has it on their wishlist gets it.

Thanks again to both DukeBobby and GoingGreen, I honestly was not expecting such a random act of kindness and generosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom