• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
All this Xelios talk has me feeling bad. I have to bow down to Mr Elysia from here & GAF Steam chat as the most generous and selfless person I know around these parts; he doesn't even have a wishlist. It's definitely an honor knowing him as he's an awesome dude in general. He probably wouldn't want his name here but that's too bad.

I plan on making a post to thank everyone else as the sale closes. I get quite a few gifts in return (my master plan!), and although a few names get thrown around a lot there are a lot of unsung heroes and the generosity is contagious during these sales.

Arken is a great dude. He gifted me Kingdoms of Amalur when it came out, which I promptly played and loved, and he's still a friend to this day. Never brings it up or wants anything in return. =)

Pretty sure my penis disagrees!

Oops, nevermind. Must of been thinking of someone else.

PaulLFC

Any UK Gaffers who were interested in Ridge Racer Unbounded but didn't buy at the £15 price, ShopTo currently have it for £5.86

It's showing as out of stock, but you can pre-order it at the cheap price and they'll ship it when they get stock. They may also ship internationally, I'm not sure.

Also, bought Divinity II, thanks to those that recommended it :)

Necrovex

What's the consensus on the Command and Conquer games? I have never played any before, and I have always found the series somewhat intriguing.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
XDN8i.png

Hell yeah!

I actually really liked this game, albeit, I did play it back in 2006 on the PS2, but it was still good. Survival horror on a ship. Like a cross between RE and Hydrophobia.

Good score!

Enco

Arma 2 will NOT go cheaper any time soon.

Some people don't seen to understand business. You're lucky you even get 40% off.

Earlier in the thread I talked about how I hated the Mount & Blade Napoleon DLC. I take that back. The game ruining sound bug was fixed by launching directly into the DLC and not opening the main game first. So much fun. I might even call this my GOTY (even though it wasn't released this year).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Funnily enough my most wanted out of those was Shuggy.

Ever since Stumpokapow put it so high up his GOTY list ive been looking forward to get it.

As long as you're okay with the presentation being a bit low rent, I think all the puzzle mechanics and the amount of content really make it a great game well worth playing! And don't forget that the co-op mode has totally separate levels, so you get a little bonus mini-campaign :D

hitmon

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like there's a bunch of standalone expansions and the base game. What's good, what's bad? I'm not really up for getting the franchise pack, but I might get one of the $5 things.

yeah, don't really want to spend that much on the franchise pack. I enjoyed Dawn of War so I'm interestd in II, just not sure what else I'd need or want.

All this Xelios talk has me feeling bad. I have to bow down to Mr Elysia from here & GAF Steam chat as the most generous and selfless person I know around these parts; he doesn't even have a wishlist and keeps all his gifting on the down low. It's definitely an honor knowing him as he's an awesome dude in general. He probably wouldn't want his name here but that's too bad.

Mr Elysia once saved my parents from nazis. Ya know, the mean kind.

Pretty sure my penis disagrees!

Doesn't make you any less desirable.

Voting for Ys for those that missed it. I don't own it myself but seems like it's a must buy. Not sure if I'll pick it up if it does win though.

sahest

Banned
Arma 2 will NOT go cheaper any time soon.

Some people don't seen to understand business. You're lucky you even get 40% off.

Wait, it is on a Daily? Is that advertized anywhere? I only have access to the iOS app today, and it is not mentioned anywhere there. Thanks for the heads up, will definately buy at 40%.

I might be giving away a copy or two of one of the best games on Steam later.

Also Ys Origins voted. I bought it the first time around but I know some of you didn't.

I actually really liked this game, albeit, I did play it back in 2006 on the PS2, but it was still good. Survival horror on a ship. Like a cross between RE and Hydrophobia.

Good score!

I thought it was gonna end up being bad but I just played it for an hour and it's awesome! I did quit thinking it autosaved after an hour, though... it didn't.

Gala

Voted Ys for GAF!

And bought Dear Esther now, hope it is as good as everyone says. Seems to be a game to enjoy a bottle of wine to.

Oath is still 60% and was 60% when it was in the bundle. It won't go lower. :p\

Now give me some short games: (chant)
Rocket Knights
Scary Girl
Death Spank Collection
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Rochard
Bully

Steam, don't you love me?

Note: can it be a retro sketch, so I have a chance. LOL

Enco

Wait, it is on a Daily? Is that advertized anywhere? I only have access to the iOS app today, and it is not mentioned anywhere there. Thanks for the heads up, will definately buy at 40%.
Yup.

It's the daily today. Try searching for it manually.

edit: Never been a fan of Japenese RPGs. Should I give Ys Oath/Origin a go?

Petrie

Banned
I want to know how the hell I missed Alpha Protocol for $2 last sale. I adored that game on 360, and I'm sure its 100x better on PC. It isn't going to be on sale again is it? Dman you Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom