• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
So who wanted to try Dear Esther?

This guy does, but I know I'm not the first to say so. Just answering the question anyways.

Oh my god, I feel pretty terrible for this yet I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. At, literally the exact same time both DukeBobby and WiiDSmoker (GoingGreen on NeoGAF) both gifted me Dear Esther:

Thanks to both of you but I'm pretty ashamed that I ended up with two so I'm going to, of course, give the game to any GAF member that has it on his wishlist already. The first person to quote this with their SteamProfile ID URL, that has it on their wishlist gets it.

Thanks again to both DukeBobby and GoingGreen, I honestly was not expecting such a random act of kindness and generosity.

This is what I get for not really using the wishlist feature. Not willing to cheat and add it though.

So I just realized that I have an extra giftable copy of Torchlight hanging around.

Whoever can guess my favorite band ever gets it for free.

Hint: It's Power Metal.

Sajjaja

Oh my god, I feel pretty terrible for this yet I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. At, literally the exact same time both DukeBobby and WiiDSmoker (GoingGreen on NeoGAF) both gifted me Dear Esther:

Thanks to both of you but I'm pretty ashamed that I ended up with two so I'm going to, of course, give the game to any GAF member that has it on his wishlist already. The first person to quote this with their SteamProfile ID URL, that has it on their wishlist gets it.

Thanks again to both DukeBobby and GoingGreen, I honestly was not expecting such a random act of kindness and generosity.

Where do you live..... July 22nd is my birthday :eek:

Cheddahz

Banned

I'll take it, watched my girlfriend play it earlier today and it's sweet

From what I understand, they've been struggling to even iron out the technical issues. Add GFWL to the equation, and I think I'd rather have the PS3 version.

It has danger written all over it. Seeing as how they are not offering any discount for pre-ordering, there doesn't seem to be any particular reason to jump in.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How does GAF feel about Evochron Mercenary? I watched the quicklook and it didn't seem bad. Multiplayer sounds kind of fun.

Anyone around here have some experience with it? (I really enjoyed Freelancer, so another game like it would be neat)

Shurayuki

From what I understand, they've been struggling to even iron out the technical issues. Add GFWL to the equation, and I think I'd rather have the PS3 version.

I just can't fathom it won't be better on PC, if they lock it at 30fps there' will be an unlocker, you should be able to bruteforce most things, can get around save deletion by backing up.

They just can't fuck this up, it must not happen, I'm not allowing this to happen!

You don't want to drwa my wrath upon you, they've made movies and songs about that! Remember that FROM!

shurayukikashima2kcugh.jpg

^ Oh yeah if you don't vote for Ys this will happen ^

If you're looking to regift one on I'm interested in it. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/viperthejedi

Nert

Reposting this contest for this page (bigace33 has won VVVVVV)

After seeing all of the generosity in this thread, I wanted to join the fun by giving away three different games. I'm going to ask for personal recommendations on three random topics. The first person that responds to each topic with some kind of reasoning behind their recommendation can PM their email address to receive a game (I will announce the winners here). No person can win more than once, so only address what you know best!

1) To win Botanicula

For people that are into politics: I want to learn more about the issues facing the U.S education system and how they could be addressed. The first person to recommend a comprehensive, non-partisan book about this topic (with a brief summary or overview about the book) will receive Botanicula.

2) To win Super Meat Boy

For people that are familiar with Southern California: I recently moved to Ventura County and I'm trying to find a great pizza place. The first person to recommend at least three pizza places to me that are located in Ventura County (with a brief description of their style/specialty) will receive Super Meat Boy.

Im so damn "on the fence" about Dark Souls btw. I want it real bad and want to support the PC version, but the idea of losing my save thanks to GFWL (happened before with other games, twice) terrifies me.

Not defending GFWL but isn't it possible to backup saves? I know it'd be extra effort, but I think I saw someone post a combination of a gamesavemanager (cant remember the name) and dropbox which I'm guessing copies your saves to your dropbox for instant cloud backup. It might not be automatic though...

Salsa

Not defending GFWL but isn't it possible to backup saves? I know it'd be extra effort, but I think I saw someone post a combination of a gamesavemanager (cant remember the name) and dropbox which I'm guessing copies your saves to your dropbox for instant cloud backup. It might not be automatic though...

I know that for example, Arkham City backs up your saves into the steam cloud, but what GFWL fucks up is your config file, not specifically the saves, and without that proper file, you cant access them.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
(I also appreciate your response, Gen X, but you didn't recommend three albums as you acknowledged).

I know, I don't know three albums and wasn't entering to win, I just wanted to to experience some of the earliest stuff (I think Grandmaster pretty much invented the genre from what I recall). My musical tastes lay in Megadeth, Metallica, Powerman 5K, The Qemists, The Prodigy etc etc. But I did buy those two songs I linked for you off iTunes years ago as they were part of my early music years.
Plus I still sing them in my car from time to time

Esch

Banned
2) To win Super Meat Boy

For people that are familiar with Southern California: I recently moved to Ventura County and I'm trying to find a great pizza place. The first person to recommend at least three pizza places to me that are located in Ventura County (with a brief description of their style/specialty) will receive Super Meat Boy.

My cousins live there.

I texted them and they said:

1) Toppers- Handtossed pizza and they like the garlic chicken pizza

2)Tonys- Thin crust. They said this is the best one and everything is dope here, but they typically get pepperoni+ basil

3)Grotta Azura- She says this is a little more family restaurant but the Godfather pizza is amazing

not from there, but thats what my fam says.

Toki767

1) To win Botanicula

For people that are into politics: I want to learn more about the issues facing the U.S education system and how they could be addressed. The first person to recommend a comprehensive, non-partisan book about this topic (with a brief summary or overview about the book) will receive Botanicula.

Death And Life Of The Great American School System is a good read that critiques a lot of ideas on how to address different ways to improve the school system. It was actually written by the former Assistant Secretary of Education

LegoDad

You've only been apart of Steam for 1 year and you have 1603 games O_O

I do. Nevermind, don't think I can run it =/ 2.1ghz dual core Lappy.

Sorry your laptop can't run it.

I would like to.

what's your steam ID?

This guy does, but I know I'm not the first to say so. Just answering the question anyways.

This is what I get for not really using the wishlist feature. Not willing to cheat and add it though.

what's your steam ID?

I've been thinking of buying it, but I don't really know if I'll like it...

Added you on Steam.

So I just realized that I have an extra giftable copy of Torchlight hanging around.

Whoever can guess my favorite band ever gets it for free.

Hint: It's Power Metal.

Hmm is it Rhapsody Of Fire? If not good luck to others

Edit: Been staring at the daily of Torchlight all morning but I just can't justify buying another game, a gift however would be awesome.

Danielsan

Major thanks to Almostheathen for hooking me up with a copy of Lone Survivor, which was on my wish list. As well as a steam copies of Super Meat Boy and Braid.
Really can't thank you enough. Really looking forward to some 2D horror, as well as revisiting old favourites on the PC.

Shurayuki

Remember my name you cow, or i'll cut ya as illustrated above!

sorry your avatar compelled me to do that ♥
牛 is cow

That's not from Audition, is it? (._. )

It's Lady Snowblood/Shurayuki-hime. ♥Meiko Kaji♥ (Audition is Eihi Shiina - lol just realized her name is close to reading "please die", fitting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom